Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Calls and texts, no data, where is best?

Options
  • 12-10-2015 10:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭

Si I've a non smart phone, I just want to keep my number and have pay as you go top up. Right now I an with THREE, I top up 20 a months and get unlimited texts and some call time. Recently I've started making more calls so the credit doesn't last long.
    So I was wondering what are my options?
    I don't want a smart phone, I want my old **** phone and more talk time.
    Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Nono Toure

Tesco Mobile - 15euro per month gets you free calls to all mobiles and landlines. And you get to keep your 15euro to do as you wish.

http://www.tescomobile.ie/priceplans/pay-as-you-go-plans.aspx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭TOMP

Agreed. Also a little known tip - you can get €15 Tesco credit for just €5 with Tesco clubcard. Shop at Tesco to get clubcard points and get cheap calls and texts when you use clubcard vouchers.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭pajero12

Alternatively Meteor has Unlimited Calls and Texts for €20

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭gsi300024v

How do you get 5euro Tesco Clubcard? Sorry I'm a bit clueless.

Can I keep my current number and just switch to Tesco?

pajero12 wrote: »
    Alternatively Meteor has Unlimited Calls and Texts for €20

So I just top up 20 a month and get unlimited calls and texts to any network?

• Advertisement

CAn you change numbers over the net or do you need to go into a shop to change from THREE to Meteor?

I want to keep my number. And my current phone.

Thanks for the replies guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Nono Toure

gsi300024v wrote: »
    CAn you change numbers over the net or do you need to go into a shop to change from THREE to Meteor?

I want to keep my number. And my current phone.

Thanks for the replies guys.

You can change over online. They'll post you out a new sim card with your old number. I'd imagine your phone takes the old STANDARD style sim (the big sim)

Also, make sure your phone is unlocked. If it's not, then your new sim won't work in it.

When your new Meteor sim is in your phone text "20 calls and texts to [URL="sms:50104"]50104[/URL]" before you top up in order to activate your free calls and texts. Just beware though, that 20euro will then be gone. So you'll have free calls to Irish mobile and Irish landlines, and free texts to Irish mobiles but you'll have no other credit to ring/text abroad in UK etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Tesco 15 euro top for all calls for 30 days. Depending on text quantity, of that 15 buy an unlimited text add on for 10 euro leaving you with 5 euro credit to spend on other calls like 1850, UK etc

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭flutered

i have unlimited talk and texts for 9 euros, lyca mobile, you have to go to their website, then scroll down to come across their offerings

Do I just place an order for a sim or do I do something different if I want to keep my old number?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

gsi300024v wrote: »
    Do I just place an order for a sim or do I do something different if I want to keep my old number?

See these links as examples of what you need to do for whoever you decide to pick

Tesco

Meteor

Lyca

Ten Pin wrote: »
    See these links as examples of what you need to do for whoever you decide to pick

Tesco

Meteor

Lyca

I've a SIM ordered. Thanks for explaining.

Advertisement