Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

any help with rights when dealing with faulty goods

Options
  • 12-10-2015 10:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I bought my elderly parents a dishwasher in 2013 in December from Currys in Carlow, and it never worked properly, we have had three people come out to repair and an independent person, the independent repair man said it was a faulty product and to return back to the store. A couple of months later I am still ripping my hair out with call centres from Currys and Bosch and back to the the store itself. The customer service are lovely but have no authorisation to do anything and well never give a call back even though "they tried" I have asked for the manager <SNIP> to call and he doesnt. The last repair guy was from the ad with his togs going to Majorca!!! Consumer law advises that they need to Repair, Replace or Refund! doing nothing so far....has anyone had dealings with them and how and did they resolve this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,313 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Moved from Forum Requests

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Go back in and tell them they have 10 days to give a replacement or refund or your going to go to the small claims court(I'm assuming its worth less than €2500). Probably best to put it in writing and address it to the manager. If they don't sort you out then go the small claims route. It costs €25 and is easy to use. Rules and how to's are here http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/justice/courts_system/small_claims_court.html

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Send a letter by registered post to the address on their website http://www.currys.ie/content/contact-us/986

The letter should detail the problem, the history surrounding it and the lack of a satisfactory response. The letter would also state what redress you require them to provide, which given it has never worked properly I'd be looking for a full refund. It would also advise them that if they don't resolve the matter to my satisfaction within 10 business days you will promptly take a case against them in the Small Claims Court.

You can make a claim in the SCC online and it only costs a non-refundable €25 and you don't need a solicitor.

PS: if you feel so inclined you could try to have a word with the branch manager, preferably face-to-face, before sending the letter. You never know it might get you an immediate resolution and save you €25.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭delahuntv

I just can never understand why Currys are always so belligerent when it comes to faulty goods - they seem to appear here terribly often and it always seems to be the same style.

I reckon its one way of trying to get people to buy the overpriced and equally draeful "warranties" they flog and make an absolute fortune from.

But if anyone from Currys sees this - it is exactly this type of "feck the customer" attitude that has ensured that I never have and I never will purchase an item from Currys.

For the OP - at this stage I simply would go straight to the small claims route as they have up to now treated you like muck - but that's Currys for you.

Advertisement