Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Job sharing

Options
  • 12-10-2015 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,228 ✭✭✭

Has anybody on here done this recently.
    Due to family circumstances I may have to look at taking this option soon.
    I am not a teacher but I am in a public service job with all of the same deductions and a salary equivalent to a teacher teaching about 12-15 years.

My question is purely financial,
    What percentage would I get of my current take home salary if I went with this option?
    i do realise the pension implications from this move but feel that I am young enough to claw back some of these losses if necessary.

Thanks for reading.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭aratsarse101

It really does depend on your tax situation. For example if you are married to a high earning PAYE worker, you might consider half of the income as taxed at higher tax rate.
    A rule of thumb would be that you will come out with somewhere around 60-65% or your salary but it really depends on partners income/if you have a partner.

Advertisement