Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Implications of buying a new mobile

Options
  • 12-10-2015 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭

Can you just buy a handset yourself that will work with your existing sim card/mobile number or is there a lock/connection between the sim card and the phone

My existing supplier is telling me i can get an free upgrade of handset but they want me to sign up for a 18 month contract

Am thinking of moving anyway from them to another supplier as think can get better deal on calls text and data with another supplier

If move to other supplier, i can keep my existing phone number but i was wondering can i just go into shop and buy myself a new handset(early xmas present from me to me...:-) that will work with my existing number and the new sim new supplier gives me
    Ideas?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Have a look at Argos for prices to get an idea, their phones are sim free (any network).

Just use existing sim in new phone and it should work, check sim size, you can get a new sim of correct size (there are 3 sizes: mini (standard), micro and nano) and keep your number.

Advertisement