Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vend Ecommerce or Squarespace

• 12-10-2015 2:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi,

Trying to decide whether I pay $25 a month for Squarespace ecommerce and $69 for Vend POS or if I just pay $99 for Vend POS and Ecommerce package. Does anyone have any suggestions? We are a new cafe and coffee roasters.

Thank you
    Simon

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 UnquieUserName

eequalsmc2 wrote: »
    Hi,

Trying to decide whether I pay $25 a month for Squarespace ecommerce and $69 for Vend POS or if I just pay $99 for Vend POS and Ecommerce package. Does anyone have any suggestions? We are a new cafe and coffee roasters.

Thank you
    Simon

Hi Simon

It depends are you looking for a POS system and a website or just a website. It is great having both linked so that there isn't any extra work so I would recommend Vend with POS and Ecommerce.

But if you are only looking for an ecommerce site then you could also look at magento

• Registered Users Posts: 9 eequalsmc2

Hi Simon

It depends are you looking for a POS system and a website or just a website. It is great having both linked so that there isn't any extra work so I would recommend Vend with POS and Ecommerce.

But if you are only looking for an ecommerce site then you could also look at magento

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I looked at Vend but they dont support any card readers in Ireland. I suppose I dont want the extra step of a third party card reader (in and out of apps for each sale) and I'm not sure how I feel about one piece of hardware breaking. Without a second part to test you will have each manufacturer blaming each other (e.g. cash drawer is faulty but they blame the printer made by another company).

I do need e-commerce as well and it would be nice to have the whole Vend all in one thing, but that reader and third party hardware could be an issue. It also means buying all the hardware up front.

I have looked at Clover for all of the above reasons. However, the annoying thing about Clover is the 36 month contract (which is annoying if a better option comes along in three years) and the lack of accounting software support. It doesnt support anything except Big Red Books and I've that Big Red Books causes more problems than it solves. However, that was just one persons opinion.

Someone told me to try out different accounting softwares. I tried Xero and Sage One and Xero is far easier to use. I really like it and would be happy to use it, but its already €27 a month on its own and to make it integrate with Clover costs another €33 a month using a third party app and who knows how well that will work. Part of me thinks using Big Red Books or Sage One will have to be my options despite how much I enjoy using Xero.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 41 EIREX

Hey,

I use squarespace as I find that the designs are much more modern than a lot of other site builders.

However if it does have a downside its that the ecommerce back end is clunky and not ideal for an online store. But for a brochure site its perfect I feel.

Advertisement