Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

good food in the Rathoath/Dunshaughlin/Dunboyne/Clonee ?

Options
  • 12-10-2015 4:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭

Hi all,

sorry, this seems like a re-occuring theme on this forum, apologies if this has been asked a million times.

I'm living near Dunboyne, within driving distance of Rathoath/Dunshaughlin/Dunboyne/Clonee.

Being new to the area we dont know where to eat out, if we feel like doing that. We use Katies in Rathoath and that a really nice chipper, and there is a Chinese on the way into Dunshaughlin that is very good too.

A bit further away is the cafe in Tara, which is really nice also.

Can anyone make any other suggestions please? Anything considered, regardless.
    Strangely in Blanchardstown I pull a complete blank for food, which seems crazy. We tried a Chinese in the Roselawn center, but it was gak.

Thanks for taking the time to read this,

regards,
    redd .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

For a good carvery you've got The County Club in Rathbeggan and The Síbín in Dunshaughlin. Síbín also does menu orders too. Carberry's do nice food and the Black Bush golf club recently started doing food again. We used them for a christening meal recently and the Chef is bang on. He used to be the Chef in Caffery's of Batterstown before it was closed down. Caffery's has reopened now too by the way. Fidelma's is hands down the best fry up IMO around the area. There's also Fontana and the Village Grill in Dunshaughlin.

Ratoath has Massimo's, La Bucca (both do take out and sit down) and another Italian that I'm forgetting the name of now. It has an Indian and a few oriental places too. We used to use Thai Yummy but tended towards the Lemon Tree (which doubles as Apache Pizza) more recently. It has a four star pizza at the Spar on the Fairyhouse road but we always preferred Katy's.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭CharlieZeroOne

mighty, thanks for the replay and all the info, thats superb. Loads to go on.
    We've been to the county club for breakfast and while it wasnt bad, Ive had better. Will deff try them for dinner sometime.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

Would highly recommend Flames in Clonee for a Chinese.

Dubh pretty much has Ratoath covered there. Might be a bit far but The Donkey Shed outside Ashbourne is nice.

Also, recently read about a place called Pizza Project in Ongar. Might be convenient for you.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,414 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Dubh has covered Ratoath. Massimo's would be my favourite sit down restaurant. La Vida was very nice as well but I think it's closed now. Katies takeaway would be the best chipper and pizza in my view.

Living in Blanchardstown myself and you're right, there is literally not a single decent Chinese restaurant around.

Advertisement