Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Body & Soul 2016 **No ticket sales / requests**

Options
  • 12-10-2015 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

"2016 Early Bird Tickets Coming Very Soon" according to their social media accounts.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭kwat

Exciting!

Need to be quick with the tier ones though as they were gone in a flash last year. They only announced a few hours in advance last year from memory. €89 though - bargain!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

12063458_10156170657035514_50166798297898663_n.jpg?oh=de4a053bde359a9b54fd3a3ac33e2019&oe=56B76D20

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭navosa

They've just released a survey with options to give your opinions on things that should be improved on last years festival and also options to suggest what type of acts you'd like there, looks like they're planning on fixing the issues that happened on the Friday last year which is good!

Link

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

navosa wrote: »
    They've just released a survey with options to give your opinions on things that should be improved on last years festival and also options to suggest what type of acts you'd like there, looks like they're planning on fixing the issues that happened on the Friday last year which is good!

Link

I seem to have missed this! (wasn't there last year). What happened?

frantic190 wrote: »
    I seem to have missed this! (wasn't there last year). What happened?

10,000 tickets sold + one road into the site = enormous traffic jam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Any rumours on lineup this year?

Would LCD be a realistic headliner? They are in Europe that time of the summer. Also I could see Belle & Sebastian making an appearance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Field Day which is on the week before in London has the likes of PJ Harvey, Beach House, Bicep, GOAT, DeerHunter, Brian Jonestown Massacre, Tourist, Girl Band & the Sleaford Mods.

A few of those might be good bets. Although PJ Harvey plays Helsinki on the 17th and Berlin on Monday 20th so that might be a big ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭kwat

Will probably be the usual early March before first announcements are made?

Early bird ticket bought before Christmas and just booked a silk road tent this week so all set ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 19 mirsiam

Hi Guys, does anyone know if you can buy a 1 day ticket? Think I can only make it on the Sunday :(
    Any advice....is it even worth me going for the 1 day??! I haven't been before. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

yeah you can buy Sunday tickets, they sell out fairly quickly I think though.
    it's worth it if you don't have too far to travel. I wouldn't be coming from Cork or something for the day though...

• Advertisement

yeah you can buy Sunday tickets, they sell out fairly quickly I think though.
    it's worth it if you don't have too far to travel. I wouldn't be coming from Cork or something for the day though...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

lc180 wrote: »
    Any rumours on lineup this year?

Would LCD be a realistic headliner? They are in Europe that time of the summer. Also I could see Belle & Sebastian making an appearance.

Was discussing just this with a friend last week. Really hope this happens. Saturday night main stage headliners would be epic and so much better than another EP appearance. I suspect that they may be out of the price range though. Still we can hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

LCD Soundsystem will be too expensive for BnS

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

Not a hope LCD will be at B&S, unfortunately.

Not a hope LCD will be at B&S, unfortunately.

What makes you so sure

• Registered Users Posts: 6,833 ✭✭✭Alkers

Does anyone know whether you can use an awning beside caravans / campers at body and soul?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Simona1986 wrote: »
    Does anyone know whether you can use an awning beside caravans / campers at body and soul?

Yes, generally..
    One year we were very early arriving and they asked it to take it down, but things got more relaxed as more folk got set up..

Edit: If I remember rightly, last year they were asking if you had an awning and allowing extra room, though I might be confusing that with EP..

What makes you so sure

It's too small of a festival and their price would be much much higher than what B&S would be spending on acts. I hope I'm wrong, nothing would make me happier, but if they're going to ANY Irish festival this year it'll be Picnic.

It's too small of a festival and their price would be much much higher than what B&S would be spending on acts. I hope I'm wrong, nothing would make me happier, but if they're going to ANY Irish festival this year it'll be Picnic.

I'd put Nick Cave on a par with LCD Soundsystem in terms of popularity. It's unlikely that LCD would do it, but its not impossible.

I'd put Nick Cave on a par with LCD Soundsystem in terms of popularity. It's unlikely that LCD would do it, but its not impossible.

That Nick Cave set a couple of years back is one of the greatest live sets I have ever had the pleasure to witness/hear.

I really don't believe that LCD Soundsystem is within the budget, but we can still dream and hope... ;)

• Advertisement

***UPDATE***

This popped up briefly on their FB page earlier, since been removed:

<Image removed - this is not an official Body & Soul image (they've contacted us) and info on it is incorrect>

PS, if anyone has a spare hat, I'm feeling mighty peckish.

Holy ****! I hope that's real!

Actaully didn't a lot of those acts play already?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭Lights On

If that lineup is real, they've really outdone themselves this year! LCD and Tame Impala?? Yes please!

Starting to feel a bit bad for EP though, lots of names you'd be thinking for them this year have been popping up at the smaller festivals :o

as John Hopkins has no gigs planned for the rest of the year, and Tame Impala are in the US on the Thursday, i doubt it's real, and more than likely just ripped off from this image, seeing as the background bits around the bandnames is different:
    http://bodyandsoul.ie/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/HOMEPAGE-SLIDER-T4.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭HausOfTony

John Hopkins should be Jon Hopkins too right?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

When i seen it first i knew it was too good to be true . Although could see LCD and Tame Impala popping up at Forbidden Fruit unless LCD do their own headline show in Kilmainham

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

The design also looks like someone just typed out the text on top of the background image using MS Paint.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭freddiemoore

HausOfTony wrote: »
    John Hopkins should be Jon Hopkins too right?

I smoked pot with Johnny Hopkins.

Listening to Saul Williams' new album, really liking it. Hope he tours this new album in Europe. Would be good for B&S I think.

• Advertisement

here is another wonderful suggestion ;)

the nonkeen album is a total stunner. They seem to be touring Europe in May ... Perfect B&S act I would say.

Last year Kiasmos, this year nonkeen. Perfect ... :)

So just Saul Williams and nonkeen .. thats all we need :)

Advertisement