Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Body & Soul 2016 **No ticket sales / requests**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

seems BBNG are on Friday (Sonar on Sat, Netherlands on Sun), St. Germain on Saturday (facebook) and Santigold is on Sunday (at Sonar on Fri + Sat).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

do they check wristbands between the "arena" and campsite, or is it all the one now with no checks between them?
    haven't been since they introduced the freeflow system and can only go on the Sunday this year, but want to kip in a friend's tent on Sunday night.

Yeah they check the wristbands going in and out, it's nothing like the checks at EP though so if you time it right you might get in with a crowd at the end of the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Yeah they check the wristbands going in and out, it's nothing like the checks at EP though so if you time it right you might get in with a crowd at the end of the night.
    ah right, i suppose i could just say i thought the exit was that way :pac:

worst case scenario i'll just sleep in the car i suppose!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

Rfrip wrote: »
    Listening to Daniel August all day. He is amazing.

David August :P Probably the only thing on the line-up I'm really looking forward to!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

ams wrote: »
    David August :P Probably the only thing on the line-up I'm really looking forward to!

Oh lol!! Il be a while trying to find Daniel at the weekend!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Set list help requested.... Not enough time to listen to everything and setlist.com pretty useless for the electronica guys...

Mr. August - anyone care to list off a few tracks semi guaranteed to be in his set

HudMo - any killer tracks not listed below that I really should be checking out as he's likely to include them????
    Chimes
    Scud Books
    Ryderz
    FUSE

To contribute back, all y'all should totally be putting time into Mercury Rev. Carwash Hair and Frittering are two stone cold classics from their early days which I cannot wait to hear live - and overall their set will be full of goodness.

10 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

HudMo - any killer tracks not listed below that I really should be checking out as he's likely to include them????
    Chimes
    Scud Books
    Ryderz
    FUSE

i say just watch his coachella set, it might be similiar. torrent is on iptorrents if you've an account

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭harryd2

ams wrote: »
    Rfrip wrote: »
    Listening to Daniel August all day. He is amazing.

arrgh... I've been listening to Daniel, and digging him :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

So we can probably expect timetable out on Monday I'm guessing?

Weather looking fair to middling so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Yeah I reckon David august will be this years Jon Hopkins in terms of popularity.

He has a tasty boiler room set on YouTube. Hopefully we'll get something similar at body and soul.

Two Irish bands worth checking out-too fools and saint sister. Too fools would fall into the funk category while saint sister are two singer songwriter girls.

Both interesting bands. Also for anyone into their classical music, check out the carducci quartet. Think they are on Sunday afternoon which will be a nice relaxing break after all the electronic music and all that goes with it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Easy Rod wrote: »
    So we can probably expect timetable out on Monday I'm guessing?

Weather looking fair to middling so far!
    Tomorrow I believe

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Peesh89

Adding Rusangano Family to the Too-Fools and Saint Sister list.
    The energy they have/bring is just unbelievable.
    I'll be telling everyone and anyone I bump in to/make friends with in a toilet queue to go see them.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭DanielSwords

Can you buy bus tickets in advance of this or do you pay when getting on the bus? I assume its a similar story to electric picnic in terms of the buses departing?

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭HausOfTony

Peesh89 wrote: »
    Adding Rusangano Family to the Too-Fools and Saint Sister list.
    The energy they have/bring is just unbelievable.
    I'll be telling everyone and anyone I bump in to/make friends with in a toilet queue to go see them.

Saw them at Knockanstockan and they do a great show!

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭partay pooper

Can you buy bus tickets in advance of this or do you pay when getting on the bus? I assume its a similar story to electric picnic in terms of the buses departing?

I hope so I need to book tickets soon

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Sandwell

Looks like gates are opening at 12 this year. Just received this from Us&You:

"The Us&You campsite opens at 12pm Friday 17th of June and closes at 2pm Monday 20th of June."

Yep, gates open at 12.

Says so on the tickets ;)

Yep, gates open at 12.

Says so on the tickets ;)

Ha, I hadn't noticed. Hopefully it will help reduce the queues somewhat after last years's shambles.

Yeah was fairly traumatic last year getting in there, i'd say it'll ease it somewhat.

Don't understand why the don't open it at 10am or thereabouts, be easier on everybody.

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

Has anyone here registered for the us and you campsite and isn't going or doesn't want to camp there. I'm looking for a spot. Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Just listening to David August's Boiler Room set, he has got a lovely ambient groove but he doesn't have the trippy crunchiness of Hopkins, no car engine drone synthesizers there, but not bad at all. He is one hell of bouncer to his own tunes, not referring to security either, his body is bouncing all over the place so lively enough.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭useded

Anybody have any experience getting the last bus from Dublin on Friday in previous years? I'll be cutting ti fine for 6pm, but wondering if there'll be any breathing space to show up at 6.15

Agree with bodhrandude on Mr. August being on the ambient groove end of things.

This lady seems a little more up-tempo. Set below best appreciated by not watching the very boring video...

Cassy was excellent the couple of times I've seen her. Very lively. She's probably the dj I'm most looking forward to on the line up. She has a solo album coming out pretty soon so it could possibly be a live show. Hope not, though. I'd rather see her dj.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭HausOfTony

Sandwell wrote: »
    Cassy was excellent the couple of times I've seen her. Very lively. She's probably the dj I'm most looking forward to on the line up. She has a solo album coming out pretty soon so it could possibly be a live show. Hope not, though. I'd rather see her dj.

Only got around to looking her up tonight, will definitely be checking her out

Tomorrow I believe

You have me all excited now - full timetable out today???

I see they have confirmed The Gloaming for 10.30 Friday night

You have me all excited now - full timetable out today???

I see they have confirmed The Gloaming for 10.30 Friday night
    So they said on shítter:
    'Hey, the day by day schedule will be announced a week before the festival!'

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭thebeerbaron

anyone stayed in the green campsite?

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭CdeC

Hi Y'all,

Really looking forward to the weekend.
    Anyone registered for the Us&You campsite and isn't using it. I've a couple of tent buddies who are not registered and it is now closed.
    PM me please. : )

• Advertisement

anyone stayed in the green campsite?
    Yeah it was nice in 2014 when I was last there. Lots of space, clean, nice toilets that are well ventilated

Advertisement