Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Body & Soul 2016 **No ticket sales / requests**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Peesh89 wrote: »
    Anyone ever done the hot tubs in the sanctuary?

Yes - always do them at both Bns and EP and they always hit the spot (early afternoon is my time of choice).

One way of getting a shower without queuing as well.

Bring your own swimsuit/togs would be my main recommendation!

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭culline

Could anyone tell me if there is bus travel back to Dublin on the Sunday (at any time)?. My GF is working early Monday has to leave Sunday. Any advice/help is appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭thebeerbaron

culline wrote: »
    Could anyone tell me if there is bus travel back to Dublin on the Sunday (at any time)?. My GF is working early Monday has to leave Sunday. Any advice/help is appreciated!
    http://bodyandsoul.ie/tickets/ here it is

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Paulee80

Has anyone got plans or suggestions for watching the Ireland match at 2 on the Saturday? I don't think there's any plans to show it anywhere on the site..

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭thebeerbaron

Paulee80 wrote: »
    Has anyone got plans or suggestions for watching the Ireland match at 2 on the Saturday? I don't think there's any plans to show it anywhere on the site..
    They wont be showing it.
    Nowhere to go.
    Radio it is

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Peesh89

They wont be showing it.
    Nowhere to go.
    Radio it is

Seeing some people getting proper narky about it on B&S's FB page.
    I can understand why they're not showing it.
    I think what they've suggested with radios would be gas craic..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

Wow, the aggro about the match is completely unfounded. People have smartphones, radios etc and the match fixtures have been known for a good while. Is it really that big of a deal?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Wow, the aggro about the match is completely unfounded. People have smartphones, radios etc and the match fixtures have been known for a good while. Is it really that big of a deal?

Completely agree! Every second person on the comments section is asking about the match

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Paulee80 wrote: »
    Clonmellon is the nearest village, about 30-40mins walk. only a few mins drive.

doubt there'd be any taxis hanging around, nearest town would be Athboy although dunno if there's any taxi companies there.

if there's a decent number of you, you could ring a 7-seater taxi from Kells which is about 15mins drive away. not sure it'd be worth their time coming all the way out to you for a 3min drive otherwise.

Rfrip wrote: »
    Completely agree! Every second person on the comments section is asking about the match

For the craic they should put out an announcement that they're cancelling the free-flow policy on alcohol and going back to the system they had before that - give people something different to moan about...

• Advertisement

"Dear Festival Goers,
    We would like to take this opportunity to tell you that we've cancelled everything else happening at 2pm on Saturday due to the high demand of people on facebook wanting to watch the match. Every stage, screen, vendor and tent will be required to show it. K Thx Bai xox"

• Registered Users Posts: 9,814 ✭✭✭Charlie

It doesn't have to be one extreme or the other. Surely if a lot of people are asking after it, it tells you the demand is there. Would there be that much of an issue if the match was shown on one screen?

With the weather due to be good on the Saturday, watching the match outdoors, in a festival setting, would be a great little bonus for those eager to watch it.

The official timetable seems to have a fair few acts on it that are not listed anywhere on the main website - a little odd...

Examples:
    Basciville @ 7pm Fri on the Main Stage (meh)
    Kormac @ 10.45pm Sat @ Absolut Art Bar (yay!)

Not too surprising with the fringe stages I guess but I'd have thought all the Main Stage acts and a relatively well known local act like Kormac would be listed.

Anyone else spotted any hidden gems?

The official timetable seems to have a fair few acts on it that are not listed anywhere on the main website - a little odd...

Examples:

Not too surprising with the fringe stages I guess but I'd have thought all the Main Stage acts and a relatively well known local act like Kormac would be listed.

Yeah only copped kormac yesterday too! Happy days!
    Mysterious guest appearance on Sunday evening as well.

Things keep catching my eye and I'm wondering were they there before and I was just blind or are they new additions..

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭liamtimdusty

Examples:

Sunday Times @ Wanderlust stage also not listed anywhere.
    Sunday night, times tbc

https://boilerroom.tv/residents-hour-colm-k-sunday-times/

Charlie wrote: »
    It doesn't have to be one extreme or the other. Surely if a lot of people are asking after it, it tells you the demand is there. Would there be that much of an issue if the match was shown on one screen?

With the weather due to be good on the Saturday, watching the match outdoors, in a festival setting, would be a great little bonus for those eager to watch it.

Ah was only having a lol, can see both sides of the argument but just think how aggro some people are being on Facebook, Twitter and the likes is a bit exessive..

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Peterd66

so it will be done...

bodhrandude... on android you can download last year's app for EP or B&S if you wanna see how it works ..
    B&S: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.pablosoft.bands2015
    EP: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.pablosoft.electricpicnic2015

or iPhone:
    EP: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/electric-picnic-2015/id1033102236?ls=1&mt=8

For some reason the iPhone B&S one is not showing up ... have no idea why not.

will do a B&S 2016 in the next few weeks .. not sure if I will get an up to date map .. seems to be a few changes this year ..

Updated the rest of Clashfinder in eager anticipation of your B&S 2016 App.

(Had a look at the Muddy one on Android - not bad - but still a bit buggy and doesn't work off line. But it lacks the simplicity/usability of yours)

Thanks,
    Peter:D

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Laurel_Patente

A lot of fans there would like to watch the match, especially after last night's result leaves us right in the competition. However, it's disrespectful to any acts booked to play at that time and people have options of watching on phones or listening in on radio. You make your trade off when you buys your ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Peterd66 wrote: »
    Updated the rest of Clashfinder in eager anticipation of your B&S 2016 App.

(Had a look at the Muddy one on Android - not bad - but still a bit buggy and doesn't work off line. But it lacks the simplicity/usability of yours)

Thanks,
    Peter:D

I noticed the clashfinder is pretty much up to date, which is great .. thanks for that.

I had a run at the apps last night. I have done the iPhone one and submitted to App Store (its not the prettiest app you will ever see, but it works and includes a proper map using google maps that works offline). Seems to be about 48 hour wait on the App Store reviews at the moment, so probably tomorrow night, Thursday morning by the time that is available.

I plan to have a go at the Android one tonight and hopefully (99% sure) will have that published tonight and on the Play Store in the morning.

A lot of fans there would like to watch the match, especially after last night's result leaves us right in the competition. However, it's disrespectful to any acts booked to play at that time and people have options of watching on phones or listening in on radio. You make your trade off when you buys your ticket.

You can purchase a DVB-T receiver for about €20 that will allow your phone/tablet pick up Saorview without using 3/4G or data allowance. Like this one on Amazon.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01CYA23ZI

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

You can purchase a DVB-T receiver for about €20 that will allow your phone/tablet pick up Saorview without using 3/4G or data allowance. Like this one on Amazon.

That's class, never heard of those before

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Have you used one of those in Ireland or are they for the UK digital which is a different format?

I have used this one in Strandhill in Sligo and have had no issue picking up Saorview channels.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00CWUF45M

• Registered Users Posts: 31 FrewBrews

Is there a silent disco at any time at B&S? It's been one of my groups highlights at EP so I was just curious.

FrewBrews wrote: »
    Is there a silent disco at any time at B&S? It's been one of my groups highlights at EP so I was just curious.

I never found one in the past 5 years or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

For the craic they should put out an announcement that they're cancelling the free-flow policy on alcohol and going back to the system they had before that - give people something different to moan about...

wait... what! i haven't been here since 2012.

can you just move between campsite and arena with your beers glastonbury style?

edit:
    quick read of website says this is true. unreal for an irish festival. what year did this start? NOW i see why they've the drink limits, not too bad now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭charlie_says

Hey guys is there anywhere with a text list of the musical lineup not a stupid annoying web 2.0 picture fest, can't find anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

Hey guys is there anywhere with a text list of the musical lineup not a stupid annoying web 2.0 picture fest, can't find anything.

I posted one a bit back in the thread, although there have probably been small additions since, like I don't think Reckless in Love was announced at this stage.
    frantic190 wrote: »
    BODY&SOUL STAGE / MIDNIGHT CIRCUS
    The Gloaming / Santigold / St Germain / Hudson Mohawke / Floating Points (live) / Mercury Rev / Neon Indian / Girl Band / BadBadNotGood / Wolf Parade / Sun Kil Moon / Junior Boys / David August / Cassy / Optimo / Gold Panda / Mbongwana Star / Ibibio Sound Machine / Tanya Tagaq / Slow Magic / Jambinai / Ho99o9 / Ninos Du Brasil / NAH / Brian Deady / Bleeding Heart Pigeons / Rusangano Family / FJAAK / EMBRZ / Bitch Falcon

ON THE WOODLANDS STAGE
    Holly Macve / Talos / Saint Sister / Elm / TooFools / Forrests / Mario Batkovic / Daithí / Somadrone / Myles Manley / Plutonic Dust / Loah / Ocho / Aine Cahill / ÆMak / Elephant / We Eat Electric Light / Ailbhe Reddy / Ollie Bell / Niamh Regan / PRESENTED BY MUSIC NETWORK: Séamus Begley, Catriona McKay & Chris Stout / OKO / Christine Tobin / Bangers and Crash Percussion Trio / The Carducci Quartet / Donal Lunny, Máirtín O’Connor & Zoë Conway

ON THE PAGODA STAGE
    Daniel McDermott / PolyGlove / BARQ / Auxiliary Phoenix / The Ocelots / Joni / Tracy Bruen / Katie Laffan / Shrubs Duo / Farah Elle / Feather / Apollonia Tribal Bellydance / Floating Ballroom / Publicity Machine / Johnny Rayge / El Grey / Roisin El Cherif / Candlelit Tales & Infinity Program: The Story of Eithlinn / Marangvla A&V / Arash

ON THE ABSOLUT STAGE
    Deadbots / Rory Phillips / Billy Scurry / Timmy Stewart / This Greedy Pig DJs / DJ Deece / Fish Go Deep / Get Down Edits / Lumo DJs / Kelly-Anne Byrne / R.S.A.G Live / Mother DJs / Claire Beck / Johnny Moy / Donal Dineen / The Dirty Dubsters / Modern Magic / Baz Hickey / Aoife O’Neil / Tiny Choons / Cyril Briscoe / CiCi Cavanagh / Eddie Kay / The Painted Lady / Stevie G / Colm K / Marquis D’alton / Mix & Fairbanks / Ciara Brady / Rob Le Nan / Colin Perkins / Colin Devine / Just Damien / Soul Friends DJ Set.

BULMERS LOUNGE
    White Mice (Sinead White) / Stomptown Brass / The Bonny Men / Tracy Bruen / My Fellow Sponges / Tongue Bundle / Laurie Shaw / Rue / Landless / The Shaker Hymn / Steven Sharpe / Steve Bennett / Vernon Jane / ZASKA / After the Ibis.

Can't imagine much more to be added tbh. There's also the Lighthouse Cinema, spoken word, the Arbutus Yarns stage/area, theatre and other stuff that has all more or less been announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

DJ kormac is a tasty surprise. Shame he is not bringing the brass lads with him but it will still be a great gig.

I haven't been to body and soul before. Which stages are covered ie tents? Is it just midnight circus?

Has the bulmers stage been released yet? If not I have a full listing I can post

• Advertisement

I'm a Clashfinder fan - go to http://clashfinder.com/s/bands2016/ and if this view isn't to your taste, select the Mobile view option (http://clashfinder.com/m/bands2016/?user=07espi.m4) which is a text listing of stages and times.

Can be easily printed out and customized to only show acts you're interested in as well.

Advertisement