Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Body & Soul 2016 **No ticket sales / requests**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

thunderdog wrote: »
    DJ kormac is a tasty surprise. Shame he is not bringing the brass lads with him but it will still be a great gig.

I haven't been to body and soul before. Which stages are covered ie tents? Is it just midnight circus?

Has the bulmers stage been released yet? If not I have a full listing I can post

Midnight Circus, Comedy Tent, Bulmers Lounge are all indoor.

Absolut Art Bar was new last year and I think had a very small covered area around the bar but was mostly outdoor.

The rest is essentially outdoor (Arbutus Yarns may have a very small tented area).

Reckless in Love now has its own "arena" (otherwise known as field) so tent also possible - I hope not though... dancing outdoors is more fun :)

All woods stages have a certain amount of tree cover going too...

• Registered Users Posts: 26 dadoffay

Yes - always do them at both Bns and EP and they always hit the spot (early afternoon is my time of choice).

One way of getting a shower without queuing as well.

Bring your own swimsuit/togs would be my main recommendation!
    Did the hot tubs with a few mates last year for the first time. Worth the price. Shower oh so good. Go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭smilgy

A friend of ours has decided to join us last minute this weekend. All of our group are camping in Us&You campsite. Is anybody not using theirs and could somehow transfer it to him? We would greatly appreciate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭mossy464

Are there showers in the standard campsite? If so what are they like?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Anyone looking for my unofficial android app, I have some bad news. Google suspended my app based on this policy. Despite the fact that the timetable data is public and I make it clear that it is an unofficial app. I can only guess that it was the use of some of B&S style graphics that caused the suspension.

I will push another version tomorrow evening without any B&S branding and hopefully it will get through this time.

In the meantime I put the apk on dropbox and you can install the app from here:
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5310151/BandS-2016/bands2016.apk

Update: Android app is on the Play Store:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.pablosoft.bands2016.unofficial

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭jmauel

mossy464 wrote: »
    Are there showers in the standard campsite? If so what are they like?

The showers are fine, obviously the queue gets very long.. Early morning is best

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Annual shameless festival plug

Stomptown brass on at 2.15am on Friday night on bulmers stage. Not much else happening at that time on Friday so no excuse not to have a look ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭paintitblack

Any word on who the 'Guest Appearance' is? Or are they just a band I've never heard of!

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭wotswattage

jmauel wrote: »
    The showers are fine, obviously the queue gets very long.. Early morning is best

They usually close for 2 hours at some stage, if you go just as they are reopening there is never a queue.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Peesh89

thunderdog wrote: »
    Annual shameless festival plug

Stomptown brass on at 2.15am on Friday night on bulmers stage. Not much else happening at that time on Friday so no excuse not to have a look ;)

Looking forward to it!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

Could anyone recommend a campsite close by for a one Nighter.

What is the story with taxis in the evening times ? are they readily available.

I will have a 4 and 5 year old so looking for the most convenient option for accomodation/travel Sunday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Is there any other maps available? I've to enter via gate C but it's not on the map?

Hey guys is there anywhere with a text list of the musical lineup not a stupid annoying web 2.0 picture fest, can't find anything.

http://www.irishtimes.com/culture/music/first-look-body-and-soul-stage-times-and-map-1.2682574

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Can a family campervan ticket be used in the standard campervan section?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

Effects wrote: »
    Is there any other maps available? I've to enter via gate C but it's not on the map?

All staff received a B&S handbook and it has 3 maps which are far more detailed at the back of that which show all the other entrances, staff camping, backstage area, deliveries, emergency routes, etc. Ask them to email you a copy.

Can a family campervan ticket be used in the standard campervan section?

Yes.

Dudda wrote: »
    Ask them to email you a copy.

Emailed and received. Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 ianeglington

Dead excited at this stage, just scrolling through here all day in work!!

Can anyone recommend any decent live bands to catch early in the day/afternoon on the Saturday/Sunday?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

for Sunday daytrippers last year: do you go in a different gate to the campers, or the same gate on the map that goes through the campsite?
    can't see anything on the info email/map about a different entrance.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Peterd66

Can anyone recommend any decent live bands to catch early in the day/afternoon on the Saturday/Sunday?

Depending on your taste christine Tobin is doing a set of L Cohen covers and Brian Deady very good "blue eyed" soul singer. Both on early Sat afternoon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Peesh89

Dead excited at this stage, just scrolling through here all day in work!!

Saturday
    Mother are taking of Reckless Arena so that'll be a cracker.
    Woodlands Stage:
    19.00-19.30 Saint Sister

Sunday
    Body& Soul stage:
    12.00 - 12.45: Slow Skies
    15.30 – 16.15: Rusangano Family

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

To add to the above
    Sunday
    Body & Soul stage:
    16:45 Sun Kil Moon

Woodlands Stage:
    19:00 Ae Mak

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭kwat

Any reports on how the ground is holding up down there - wellies needed?
    Fine last year so hopefully not

Unofficial iPhone app on the App Store. Timetables, Interactive Map, Itinerary, Reminders.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/body-soul2016/id1123895339?mt=8

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

Anyone looking for my unofficial android app, I have some bad news. Google suspended my app based on this policy. Despite the fact that the timetable data is public and I make it clear that it is an unofficial app. I can only guess that it was the use of some of B&S style graphics that caused the suspension.

I will push another version tomorrow evening without any B&S branding and hopefully it will get through this time.

In the meantime I put the apk on dropbox and you can install the app from here:
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5310151/BandS-2016/bands2016.apk

Can you update the 2015 app with the new 2016 one and get around it that way?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

Looking forward to catching Plutonic Dust again, stuck around in the Sugar Club after Rusangano Family's recent gig there and these played after them.

Dudda wrote: »
    Can you update the 2015 app with the new 2016 one and get around it that way?

I think they might not go for that. I reckon they have a watch on me. I will fire up another version in a couple of hours and we will see how it goes. If not, its dropbox and sideloading, but thats a crap way of doing it cos you cant do updates easily.

Will report back here before midnight.

frantic190 wrote: »
    Looking forward to catching Plutonic Dust again, stuck around in the Sugar Club after Rusangano Family's recent gig there and these played after them.

Looks and sounds just my cuppa tea. Added to a fast growing itinerary.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

What were the issues with queues last year? What time would be advisable to arrive at this year?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Easy Rod wrote: »
    What were the issues with queues last year? What time would be advisable to arrive at this year?

They increased the capacity without extending the opening hours so there were long queues to get in.

Advertisement