Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Body & Soul 2016 **No ticket sales / requests**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭ESMITH29

Hi guys,

Quick question in relation to the payment plan tickets. I received my ticket before I made my final payment, but it only states that the price is 80 odd Euro. The full balance is now paid, so is it a case that I just use this ticket or am I to receive another?

I just want to clear this up before I land down there.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Hey folks will there be any screens showing the ireland match at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

ESMITH29 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Quick question in relation to the payment plan tickets. I received my ticket before I made my final payment, but it only states that the price is 80 odd Euro. The full balance is now paid, so is it a case that I just use this ticket or am I to receive another?

Thanks

no idea .. sounds like a phone call to ticketmaster

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Inmyownworld

Sirsok wrote: »
    Hey folks will there be any screens showing the ireland match at all?

Worth a shot?

http://www.petitionbuzz.com/petitions/get-body-and-soul-to-show-the-ireland-vs-belguim-game

Donna if it's time enough for them to sort it out even if they were going to give in to demand. But who knows!

Would be nice, especially since the match is at 2 and not likely to clash with too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭HausOfTony

ESMITH29 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Thanks

Rang Ticketmaster about this myself a few weeks ago! They said it will work just fine, they just sent them out before the second deposit as it was getting close to the event

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Peterd66

I know I will probably be shot for this but IMO......

The whole idea of the B&S is to get away from the real world and go into a parallel universe for a couple of days. They may a huge effort to make that happen. That is why it is less about the music and more about the experience than other festivals. (I do enjoy other festivals for the music as well!).

So I think they should not let the reality of the real world intrude via the game on a big screen.

I can understand people wanting to see the game and there are a number of ways they could do that, via web or saorview DVB-t plug in device for phone or go to the pub or even radio. If they put less effort into giving out and petitions and actually sort themselves out rather than expecting something to be layed on for them then perhaps that would show some dedication and also see the game.

Saying that I hope Ireland win on SAT at 14:00 in France and 16:00 in S.Africa - COYBIG!

Peter

• Registered Users Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

I heartily endorse the previous comment, even though I'll probably end up crouched around a phone when the match is on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 hughz111

Hey so I bought a ticket today off a girl from donedeal. Her name is on the ticket. Do you think this will be a problem for me? A litlle worried tbh :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

if i was a local, i'd jump on this serious business opportunity. hire a minibus and ferry people to the local pub for the game and back again, €20 return. get a cut from the pub as well, could make a fortune

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Inmyownworld

keane2097 wrote: »
    I heartily endorse the previous comment, even though I'll probably end up crouched around a phone when the match is on.

My sentiments exactly!

• Advertisement

if i was a local, i'd jump on this serious business opportunity. hire a minibus and ferry people to the local pub for the game and back again, €20 return. get a cut from the pub as well, could make a fortune

€5 ticket for our campervan TV. BYOB, limited spaces.

(not serious if anyone is wondering...)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭worded

First time there and cant wait ... .

Ive a 6 year old with me, any advice on what to bring along?

I hear ear plugs are a good idea for the little one ...

Any other things that are a good idea?

Is a lot off the ground paved
    Are wellingtons a must or will boots do?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Peesh89

hughz111 wrote: »
    Hey so I bought a ticket today off a girl from donedeal. Her name is on the ticket. Do you think this will be a problem for me? A litlle worried tbh :/

No not at all! People buy and sell tickets all the time. The name on the card used to buy it will be on the ticket.. Your mam could have bought your ticket etc

worded wrote: »
    First time there and cant wait ... .

Ive a 6 year old with me, any advice on what to bring along?

I hear ear plugs are a good idea for the little one ...

Any other things that are a good idea?

Is a lot off the ground paved
    Are wellingtons a must or will boots do?

Thanks

We have somehow managed to up until now not bring our little one. This year she is 11 and she is coming with a friend.

So many times over the years I have said "ah, she would love this". Now she's a tweenie, it will be interesting to see how she likes it (if at all).

For a six year old, I would say Soul Kids area will keep you busy. Ear plugs are a must. Apart from that it really depends on the child, but definitely leave some wellies in the car, just in case. It would be bad to be caught without.

Most of the ground is not paved. In fact there is very little paving, so good footwear with good socks essential.

Hope you have a ball.

Both of the unofficial apps are published:

Android app is on the Play Store:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.pablosoft.bands2016.unofficial

iPhone app in App Store:
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/body-soul2016/id1123895339?mt=8

If you installed the android app from dropbox, probably an idea to uninstall and get this version.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

Cheers Pablo, lifesaver as per usual :D

Anyway, I have to say I'm a little disappointed with the site layout this year, Us&You was basically arena adjacent last year and felt very secure and part of the action, it feels like they've placed it right at the fringe now. Handy for the car park at least but if anyone was going to come over the fence to rob tents (as happened last year apparently) that's where they'd go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

Cheers Pablo, lifesaver as per usual :D

Anyway, I have to say I'm a little disappointed with the site layout this year, Us&You was basically arena adjacent last year and felt very secure and part of the action, it feels like they've placed it right at the fringe now. Handy for the car park at least but if anyone was going to come over the fence to rob tents (as happened last year apparently) that's where they'd go.

Looking at this years map it was where the red and blue camping meets where they had people trying to jump the fence last year. This years location for Us&You near the entrance is a very busy route with a constant flow of people in and out. It's where I camped last year and not that far but got very full as beside the entrance is where most just drop heavybags and set up. Its a good area if they are trying to promote it as everyone has to pass it. It wasn't until the Sunday I found it last year.

See post on facebook site - I hope you are on commission:)
    "SAACS WELL CLOMNELLON SHOWING MATCH SATURDAY. Call Sean 085 855 6570 for taxi into Isaacs Well pub in Clonmellon Village to watch the match at 2pm. Foster pints are 3 for €10. Any two cocktails for €10. Pizza and any pint for €10. Breakfast served from 9am-11am. Off license. available. THREE LARGE SCREEN TV's."

Peter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭yeahimhere

I missed out on registering for the Green campsite this year (boo! but if anyone wants to give me theirs / have two spare I'd appreciate it! :D ) Trying to figure out where's the best place to set up now.

Can anyone go into the quiet camping area? and is it actually quiet?

Are both the Red and Blue campsites for general use?

If I remember correctly, the Red campsite this year is where the Green campsite was last year, is that correct?

Both of the unofficial apps are published:

Android app is on the Play Store:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.pablosoft.bands2016.unofficial

iPhone app in App Store:
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/body-soul2016/id1123895339?mt=8

If you installed the android app from dropbox, probably an idea to uninstall and get this version.

Thanks Pablo - would be lost without it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Enjoying this spotify playlist: https://open.spotify.com/user/emmy__c/playlist/68jTqeS6I8n0DoIfQQV6Yu

Finding some great bands I didn't know about that are playing. BadBadNotGood being a standout!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

For anyone who want's the old printed timetable or a backup plan if the battery on the phone dies check out the pdf in the below link

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B18Ml6kFqZ0IYjJUZklPa1dabmM/view?usp=sharing

Print on both sides, laminate and cut into quarters and you'll have postcard size timetables for each day.

Dudda wrote: »
    For anyone who want's the old printed timetable or a backup plan if the battery on the phone dies check out the pdf in the below link

Print on both sides, laminate and cut into quarters and you'll have postcard size timetables for each day.

Saint.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Anyone know how many places Us&You registration entitles you to? Is it 2 per email or just one?

Dudda wrote: »

Doing God's work ..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Anyone know how many places Us&You registration entitles you to? Is it 2 per email or just one?

Pretty sure it's just you. I seem to recall they mention each person has to register themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Peterd66 wrote: »
    I know I will probably be shot for this but IMO......

The whole idea of the B&S is to get away from the real world and go into a parallel universe for a couple of days. They may a huge effort to make that happen. That is why it is less about the music and more about the experience than other festivals. (I do enjoy other festivals for the music as well!).

So I think they should not let the reality of the real world intrude via the game on a big screen.

I can understand people wanting to see the game and there are a number of ways they could do that, via web or saorview DVB-t plug in device for phone or go to the pub or even radio. If they put less effort into giving out and petitions and actually sort themselves out rather than expecting something to be layed on for them then perhaps that would show some dedication and also see the game.

Saying that I hope Ireland win on SAT at 14:00 in France and 16:00 in S.Africa - COYBIG!

Peter

So thats a no they dont show it then? :(

As said above, think you had to register everyone in your party.

There was an option to tick at the bottom of the form whether you were sharing a tent or not.

Far as I know your name is ticket off a list when you go in and receive a wristband to allow you access. "names not down, yer not gettin' in"

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭kwat

Any word yet from anyone down there on the state of the ground?
    Need to pack the wellies?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭thebeerbaron

kwat wrote: »
    Any word yet from anyone down there on the state of the ground?
    Need to pack the wellies?
    Defo bring wellies!

Advertisement