Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Body & Soul 2016 **No ticket sales / requests**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

kwat wrote: »
    Any word yet from anyone down there on the state of the ground?
    Need to pack the wellies?

Yeah I've heard from a volunteer that it's pretty muddy already due to rain over past week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭worded

We have somehow managed to up until now not bring our little one. This year she is 11 and she is coming with a friend.

So many times over the years I have said "ah, she would love this". Now she's a tweenie, it will be interesting to see how she likes it (if at all).

For a six year old, I would say Soul Kids area will keep you busy. Ear plugs are a must. Apart from that it really depends on the child, but definitely leave some wellies in the car, just in case. It would be bad to be caught without.

Most of the ground is not paved. In fact there is very little paving, so good footwear with good socks essential.

Hope you have a ball.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭worded

Are maps / event guides given out or is it a must to print your own and use an ap?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

worded wrote: »
    Are maps / event guides given out or is it a must to print your own and use an ap?

No maps or timetables are given out that I have ever noticed.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

So i've just decided to go :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

We have somehow managed to up until now not bring our little one. This year she is 11 and she is coming with a friend.

So many times over the years I have said "ah, she would love this". Now she's a tweenie, it will be interesting to see how she likes it (if at all).

For a six year old, I would say Soul Kids area will keep you busy. Ear plugs are a must. Apart from that it really depends on the child, but definitely leave some wellies in the car, just in case. It would be bad to be caught without.

Most of the ground is not paved. In fact there is very little paving, so good footwear with good socks essential.

Hope you have a ball.

Just curious why ear plugs are required ?

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭GhostMutt30

am all excira now. Anyboday any idea what traffic will be like coming from Athboy in the evening prob around 7ish?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Barr wrote: »
    Just curious why ear plugs are required ?

Loud sound will break your ears. Doubly so for children.

am all excira now. Anyboday any idea what traffic will be like coming from Athboy in the evening prob around 7ish?

There's an IFA tractor protest in Athboy at 6.40pm so I'd avoid.

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

worded wrote: »
    First time there and cant wait ... .

Ive a 6 year old with me, any advice on what to bring along?

Hi - we've been bringing kids for five years now, counting this one. The older kid (five!) is a HUGE fan and is very unhappy at not being brought to EP as well, but that's another story...

Anyhow, we bring ear protectors and I would definitely recommend them although probably less critical for a six-year-old than a babby.

I would say wellies are absolutely a must for a kid unless you've got them in some sort of hiking boots (unlikely). There is essentially no paving and there's been plenty of rain this week. Any shoes you bring should be ones you are happy to get very beaten up...

Other things we bring...
    Snacks to eat at the tent
    Some toys or books from home so they've something familiar to play with

That's all I can think of right now but PM me if you've got any more specific questions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

festival might be showing the game after all

https://www.facebook.com/BodyandSoulIreland/posts/10157003989305514

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101

Evening folks. Heading to this tomorrow, just back from holidays so feels a bit rushed atm. Few Q's here if anyone can help!

If just getting a lift/dropped off at festival - assuming you just jump out at Gate A1 and walk from there? How far roughly to main camp site?

Also, how much cash do you think you'd need roughly if you had 24 cans? Rather not bring bank card tbh.

Cheers!

Why wouldn't you bring a bank card?
    Bring more cash than you think you'll need. Always stupid queues for the ATM machines.

Also, friend of mine ran out of cash on the Sunday night about 11pm, went to ATM and it had gone. No cash for the rest of the night to buy booze.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101

Effects wrote: »
    Why wouldn't you bring a bank card?
    Bring more cash than you think you'll need. Always stupid queues for the ATM machines.

Plan to properly *enjoy* myself......:pac:

Also is it a free for all with the campsites?

Bring €400 in that case. Campsites seem to be a free for all and badly packed from Friday afternoon. Unless you're booked into the eco campsite, which has closed now.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭callmekenneth

Folks can anyone let me know the craic with bringing drink into the campsite? Are they strict on 3 wines or a slab and a wine or one wine and a spirit? Seems harsh. I understand they will not let you bring drink back from car park a second time, I'm just wondering how strict they are in the initial entry, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Not very strict in previous years. Don't bring any glass.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

I plan to leave drink in the car and come back for it if needed, is this a good or bad idea? Sorry im a b&s newb!

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭kwat

Sirsok wrote: »
    I plan to leave drink in the car and come back for it if needed, is this a good or bad idea? Sorry im a b&s newb!

Bad idea. All alcohol has to be brought in on the first trip. You won't get back in with any more booze.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

kwat wrote: »
    Bad idea. All alcohol has to be brought in on the first trip. You won't get back in with any more booze.

Thats that plan fecked so! May have to try sneak it all in so!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭proudi

any body know how long the bus takes from custom house quay to the festival :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26 dadoffay

proudi wrote: »
    any body know how long the bus takes from custom house quay to the festival :)

The last 2 years, our Fri 3pm bus took 90min, 60min to get there and 30min close to the entrance area. Judging by the faces of drivers in waiting cars, that's really good going.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭proudi

dadoffay wrote: »
    The last 2 years, our Fri 3pm bus took 90min, 60min to get there and 30min close to the entrance area. Judging by the faces of drivers in waiting cars, that's really good going.

thanks! any idea how reliable the bus early sunday is? need to be back in dublin before 3

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭richy

Forgot the wellies and am currently in wicklow. Anyone know if Dunnes sell them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

B&S live on Facebook now with a sneak preview of the site.

https://www.facebook.com/BodyandSoulIreland/videos/10157004852815514/

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭CorkClaire82

Can only go Sunday this year unfortunately but better than nothing. What entrance do the day trippers go in do people know? Planning on meeting people in there so would be good to know the route I'm going.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭ocli64

Loving the app Pablo nice job!

Long shot but does anyone has 1 spare us and you code? 3 of us registered months ago and my boyfriend got a ticket last minute this week so it'll be the 4 of us into general camping unless we get lucky.

I was really looking forward to trying it out this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

What is the closing time for the bars?

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Northernsoul

Jaaaaaysis Lads! This time tomorrow night, wha?? Can't tell ya how excited I am for this! I'm a big festival head, Primevera in Barcelona 2 weeks ago, Picnic in a few months, & I've been to everything from Coachella & Ultra in the states to Dance Valley and The Love Parade in Berlin. (namedropping over!) ...But I'm a B&S virgin and I'm not not sure why, but I've never been as excited the night before any of the others. Dunno why! It better be good now or I'm gonna lose the bap altogether. ...I'm seriously you guys! ;) any last minute recommendations ? Must-sees that may not be that well known?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Jaaaaaysis Lads! This time tomorrow night, wha?? Can't tell ya how excited I am for this! I'm a big festival head, Primevera in Barcelona 2 weeks ago, Picnic in a few months, & I've been to everything from Coachella & Ultra in the states to Dance Valley and The Love Parade in Berlin. (namedropping over!) ...But I'm a B&S virgin and I'm not not sure why, but I've never been as excited the night before any of the others. Dunno why! It better be good now or I'm gonna lose the bap altogether. ...I'm seriously you guys! ;) any last minute recommendations ? Must-sees that may not be that well known?

Mbongwana Star. One of the best albums of last year. Certainly in my top 5 albums of 2015. Shocked that they have not been mentioned in this thread to date.

Advertisement