Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Body & Soul 2016 **No ticket sales / requests**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Would you so grateful if anyone up there early today could come on here and let us now what the ground is like

Wishing everyone and safe and amazing weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭harryd2

Rfrip wrote: »
    Would you so grateful if anyone up there early today could come on here and let us now what the ground is like

Wishing everyone and safe and amazing weekend

I'll be there shortly after noon..
    I'm pretty sure ground conditions are fine at the moment at there's not so many people around.
    When the crowds hit, if there's any rain then the problems can start.
    I'll update this thread, if the conditions are not good when I get there :)
    Safe travels all and have a blast for 3 days in our parallel universe!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101

Story with getting dropped off if you have a ticket already? Where do you get dropped?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭UrbanSprawl

Jaaaaaysis Lads! This time tomorrow night, wha?? Can't tell ya how excited I am for this! I'm a big festival head, Primevera in Barcelona 2 weeks ago, Picnic in a few months, & I've been to everything from Coachella & Ultra in the states to Dance Valley and The Love Parade in Berlin. (namedropping over!) ...But I'm a B&S virgin and I'm not not sure why, but I've never been as excited the night before any of the others. Dunno why! It better be good now or I'm gonna lose the bap altogether. ...I'm seriously you guys! ;) any last minute recommendations ? Must-sees that may not be that well known?

If I was going Wolf Parade would be my must see band.

Bag packed - very little in there. Lets do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Does the 24 cans need to be visible/shown going in? Would be alot easier if I could break up the slab in stick in different compartments on the bag.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Santi101 wrote: »
    Does the 24 cans need to be visible/shown going in? Would be alot easier if I could break up the slab in stick in different compartments on the bag.

I plan do the latter (with some scope for rounding errors ;)) . Can't imagine they'll be counting your cans really, just checking for glass and stuff if anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭harryd2

Santi101 wrote: »
    Bag packed - very little in there. Lets do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last few years they had a vague look in my bags for cans... nothing too intense..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

ocli64 wrote: »
    Loving the app Pablo nice job!

Glad you find it handy. Feel free to leave a review and keep my numbers up.

Glad you find it handy. Feel free to leave a review and keep my numbers up.

Downloaded yesterday - fantastic. Fair play.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭GhostMutt30

any word from the site yet? hows the ground holding up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 Nechtan

Queues seem to be EVEN worse than last year. Absolute joke

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Nechtan wrote: »
    Queues seem to be EVEN worse than last year. Absolute joke

Bus queue was pretty insane as well, just got on one having waited an hour or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Nechtan

Amirani wrote: »
    Bus queue was pretty insane as well, just got on one having waited an hour or so.

Queue for carpark was fine but queue for wristbands is brutal

well they're showing the football tomorrow

Body&Soul is about uniting people for a weekend of celebration. We want everyone to have an incredible experience this weekend. Screening the football wasn't a part of our plan initially, but we pride ourselves on being a festival full of surprises... So we're thrilled to announce that, thanks to RTÉ2, we will screen the IRL v BEL match this Saturday in the Midnight Circus Tent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

Body&Soul is about uniting people for a weekend of celebration. We want everyone to have an incredible experience this weekend. Screening the football wasn't a part of our plan initially, but we pride ourselves on being a festival full of surprises... So we're thrilled to announce that, thanks to RTÉ2, we will screen the IRL v BEL match this Saturday in the Midnight Circus Tent.

Sellouts!!

To be utterly selfish, I'm not happy about that

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭liamtimdusty

Anyone there already? Any info on drink checks, ground conditions etc would be appreciated!

Anyone there already? Any info on drink checks, ground conditions etc would be appreciated!

I've heard queues are ridiculous. Drink checks very lax

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Weather on Sunday looks HORRIBLE.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Queue for performers wrist bands is about 50 mins. Small queue but moving very slowly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭jones 19

Whats the weather doing there now lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭LaGlisse

Nice buzzkill start to the day

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

LaGlisse wrote: »
    Nice buzzkill start to the day

That was always the danger likely..

Bad decision on B&S's part imo - you're supposed to be in a festival bubble - the less intrusion from the real world the better, in my book.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭milehip

Looks like a bad idea to show that debacle, and now the rain is on the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Jaysis, so glad I didnt bother getting a ticket for the Sunday. Fecking filthy out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Cars will struggle getting out of the fields tomorrow. I went home today and it was fairly swampy driving out

There was a car badly stuck already earlier today. got a bit lucky getting out myself

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭charlie_says

I enjoyed most of Floating Points and St. Germain.

Was only there for about 5 hours so didn't see much else.

Much more pleasant crowd than electric picnic.

A bemusing amount of people wearing sunglasses in the rain and twilight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Apparently all cars need to be towed out of the car park now (according to Facebook posts) - gonna be some mess trying to get away tomorrow..

Glad I didn't follow through on looking for a last-minute Sunday ticket - was very tempted to go down to see Sun Kil Moon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭dmm82

Absolutely super weekend! ! The 4 hours spent in the car park trying to get out didn't even take away from how good the weekend was. Lesson learnt, don't fall asleep in the car with the radio on and then wake up surprised the battery's dead !! But people were so nice, from borrowing jump leads to pushing cars close so they could jump start us, to waiting for the nice tractor man to pull us out to the road. Great adventure! ! Happy to be home now but can't wait for the next festival! !! #heartwarming weekend 💜💜💜

Advertisement