Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Body & Soul 2016 **No ticket sales / requests**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

that ATM queue was a fcuking joke. thank god a cash rich friend bailed me out

surprised this thread not getting more reports back on the festival, was fairly lively beforehand

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

that ATM queue was a fcuking joke. thank god a cash rich friend bailed me out

surprised this thread not getting more reports back on the festival, was fairly lively beforehand

Yeah I know what you mean, with it being a festival friends would walk up to the atm queue ahead of you and go hows it going to a mate, before you know it the queue has more than doubled. :confused:

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭purple hands

Great weekend! The queue getting in on Friday afternoon was a bit of a free for all until you actually got to the zig-zagged barriers, but was still way quicker than last year. Security were all sound too.

It definitely felt a lot bigger this year and...how do I say this...seemed to be a more prevalent presence of "back-slapping bros"/cooler people than I :P

Really enjoyed BBNG, Floating Points, Neon Indian and Ibibio Sound Machine.

Hope everyone who drove managed to get out in one piece on Monday, could have done with a bit more direction/management of the exit strategy from the car park

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

I see the Metropolis Facebook page posted a subtle "Metropolis Festival 2016.... " message last night. Same organisers as Body & Soul? I wonder can we expect a lineup announcement soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

No there is no link at the moment it was just been discussed on the Overheard at Body & Soul facebook group. I presume if it does happen there will be an official confirmation either on the B&S website or their official facebook page.

Yeah, had a look over there .. pure speculation on behalf of some punters. Not saying that it won't move, but there is absolutely nothing concrete to suggest that that is happening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

ATM queues at festivals are always a joke. Bring enough cash for the whole weekend always.

Great great weekend. Shame about the muck on Sunday. I never really could get back into full on festival mode on Sunday, spent most of the day just trudging about and finding places to sit down and rest the weary feet. Friday and Saturday were serious craic though.

Music highlights for me were BadBadNotGood and Mbongwana Star. Also great craic was the Mother DJ takeover down at Reckless in Love on Saturday in the sun, the Stevie Nicks/Kate Bush singalong in the woods on Sunday and the Port Royale Jamaican place in general. The Gloaming and Santigold were underwhelming. Loved chilling out in the Walled Garden area as always!

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Sandwell

Great weekend. The only real negatives were the queue to get in on Friday and the weather on Sunday. I felt the atmosphere was really friendly and relaxed all weekend, as usual, not one iota of hassle or aggression. The music was only so so, however, and I get the impression that they cut the music budget substantially this year. I loved Mercury Rev, Mbwongana Star and Ibibio. FJAAK, Cassy and BadBadNotGood were decent. David August was interminably boring. Hud Mo was dreadful. The Gloaming were wasted on that stage at that time, a nice idea in theory but it didn't work. My two main highlights of the weekend were Mr Whippy in My House late on Friday and the Sunday Times party in Wonderlust on the Sunday night. Two excellent dj sets that took the crowd on a proper journey without having to throw in an overplayed anthem every second track. Absolut was fun anytime I popped in but the music was pretty dull crowdpleasing stuff (I heard Inspector Norse twice in the space of two hours at one point) and the crowd tended to be on the (harmlessly) messy side.

The Us & You campsite was extremely pleasant once again. All the folks camped around us were sound and there was no excessive noise late at night. I think I prefer the new location as it's closer to both the car park and to the food stalls in the Green campsite. The toilets were grim but that's to be expected I guess.

I really hope the rumours of it moving are just that. It's Ballinlough that makes B&S what it is. If you put that fairly mundane lineup on a green field site somewhere I couldn't see too many people bothering to go.

Taken on the Friday night at Port Royal Jamaican Village, why would you ever want to leave that, spent most of the weekend in here. :)

13466167_10208135953970774_1158397666095585342_n.jpg?oh=d8a74ab4673db4b8240b4e79ef715137&oe=58074DD5&__gda__=1476020444_ae6c90f910bd3e200a81de68b3b46b7f

Taken on the Friday night at Port Royal Jamaican Village, why would you ever want to leave that, spent most of the weekend in here. :)

13466167_10208135953970774_1158397666095585342_n.jpg?oh=d8a74ab4673db4b8240b4e79ef715137&oe=58074DD5&__gda__=1476020444_ae6c90f910bd3e200a81de68b3b46b7f

Cos it was constantly full of hippies smoking weed and listening to reggae? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

Sandwell wrote: »
    The music was only so so, however, and I get the impression that they cut the music budget substantially this year.

thought this year was the best lineup musically by far. curious what year you think was better

• Advertisement

Yeah, had a look over there .. pure speculation on behalf of some punters. Not saying that it won't move, but there is absolutely nothing concrete to suggest that that is happening.

Well apparently the lease is up for Ballinlough Castle after six years, it would be nice if they renewed it for Ballinlough again. Sorry I never met up with you Pablo for the BBNG gig, by then I was on various things, absinthe, trips, mdma and Guinness and met numerous people from previous Body & Souls so too many distractions going on. I need to work out this Samsung Galaxy 'Background Data Disabled' thing so I can download your app for Electric Picnic, my smart phone is quite an old model, a Galaxy II model. And I will make a concerted effort to make the Boards meet up for the Picnic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Who were the two djs after cassy? Kept the dancing going. Similar vibe

I thought the sound at a lot of the stages was excellent, in particular the absolut stage. Very crisp. Even some of the smaller stages in the walled gardens had great sound.

Highlights were kormac and interskalactic. I stayed for a few mins of the gloaming but wasn't feeling it. Skipped over to interskalactic.

I think that's the least amount of money I spent at a festival. Came with 100, came home with 75.

What was the small stage in woods close to performers camping? Still banging out tunes at 5am

thought this year was the best lineup musically by far. curious what year you think was better

bs2013.jpg

bs2013.jpg

Cheers! Saves me looking back over past lineups. These things are subjective of course but I felt this year's line up was cheap. None of the headliners were what I'd consider headliner material.

Does anyone know why they rotated the main stage? Was it for sound reasons? It meant that the view from most points on the hill was badly obstructed. In previous years even when a band drew a relatively small crowd to the front of the stage there was generally a good scattering of people along the hill which made for more of an atmosphere.

thunderdog wrote: »
    Who were the two djs after cassy? Kept the dancing going. Similar vibe

I thought the sound at a lot of the stages was excellent, in particular the absolut stage. Very crisp. Even some of the smaller stages in the walled gardens had great sound.

Highlights were kormac and interskalactic. I stayed for a few mins of the gloaming but wasn't feeling it. Skipped over to interskalactic.

I think that's the least amount of money I spent at a festival. Came with 100, came home with 75.

What was the small stage in woods close to performers camping? Still banging out tunes at 5am

Cassy I believe were two people, they actually closed the Midnight Circus at 1.50 am.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

Cassy I believe were two people, they actually closed the Midnight Circus at 1.50 am.

You sure? This is the only Cassy I know.

Nope, definitely not. Cassy is a woman and she finished sometime before two and two lads came on after her. No idea who they were. They sounded decent enough but I headed to Absolut shortly afterwards for Billy Scurry.

Nope, definitely not. Cassy is a woman and she finished sometime before two and two lads came on after her. No idea who they were. They sounded decent enough but I headed to Absolut shortly afterwards for Billy Scurry.

Check timetable she is the last act listed for Saturday night. http://bodyandsoul-website.9d0eguclh8c.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/BodySoul-2016-Weekend-Timetable-2.pdf

Yeah, and she finished as per timetable. Another act, not listed, came on after her.

• Advertisement

Yeah, and she finished as per timetable. Another act, not listed, came on after her.

I took the clip about 1 am, perhaps she was the DJ and there was a technician up there helping with sound problems which explains two people in the booth.

What was Billy Scurry like? What's he playing these days?

Pickpocket wrote: »
    What was Billy Scurry like? What's he playing these days?

Disco and house mainly. He was fairly decent on Saturday as far as I can recall.

Disco and house mainly. He was fairly decent on Saturday as far as I can recall.

Cool. I don't think I've ever seen him actually but some of my older friends hold him in very high regard. They'd be all techno heads though so I suspect he played it harder back in the day.

Pickpocket wrote: »
    Cool. I don't think I've ever seen him actually but some of my older friends hold him in very high regard. They'd be all techno heads though so I suspect he played it harder back in the day.

I believe so. I wasn't around back in the day either. My only previous time seeing him was warming up for Maurice Fulton last year when he played a class disco set.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Peterd66

Does anyone know why they rotated the main stage? Was it for sound reasons? It meant that the view from most points on the hill was badly obstructed. In previous years even when a band drew a relatively small crowd to the front of the stage there was generally a good scattering of people along the hill which made for more of an atmosphere.

I have only been this year and last year and thought the set up of main stage this year was much much better. Last year I felt the mainstage area was remote from the rest of the festival but this year it felt more part of it. Also because people were not sitting on the hill they went closer to the stage and got more involved IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Peterd66

Cos it was constantly full of hippies smoking weed and listening to reggae? :p

Would have to agree with you there!!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Peterd66 wrote: »
    I have only been this year and last year and thought the set up of main stage this year was much much better. Last year I felt the mainstage area was remote from the rest of the festival but this year it felt more part of it. Also because people were not sitting on the hill they went closer to the stage and got more involved IMO.

I preferred the symmetrical shape of previous years. Sound was better at it and it felt more intimate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

Yeah she defo finished and two guys came on. She was unreal.

• Advertisement

Neill Flynn and special guest - reckless in love on Sunday. Who was the special guest? Holy sh!t, best dance gig Ive been to in ages. It was insane. Good man yourself.

Caught Neil Flynn at Earthship in B&S Village at EP last year, Jon Hopkins, Blur then Donal Dineen and Neil Flynn, twas a great night, an excellent DJ and electronic musician.

Advertisement