Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Body & Soul 2016 **No ticket sales / requests**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Whipping Boy

When is this announcement usually, folks?

It's the one festival (for me) where the line-up isn't a massive deal but there's always some nice surprises.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

around the start/middle of March, used to be at the same time as the Spring equinox but I don't think they kept to that last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭HausOfTony

around the start/middle of March, used to be at the same time as the Spring equinox but I don't think they kept to that last year.

Was a bit late last year cos they were trying to push tickets for their St Patrick's thing in IMMA right? Looking forward to seeing the line up, always discover some gems on it

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

as John Hopkins has no gigs planned for the rest of the year, and Tame Impala are in the US on the Thursday, i doubt it's real, and more than likely just ripped off from this image, seeing as the background bits around the bandnames is different:
    http://bodyandsoul.ie/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/HOMEPAGE-SLIDER-T4.jpg

Apparently Jon Hopkins is supposed to be releasing a new album at the end of this month, so we could be seeing him next year anyway.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

Sun Kil Moon have Body and Soul listed in their tour dates: http://www.caldoverderecords.com/tours.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

When we expecting a line up?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

Lads i notice that POD have Body and Soul now listed as one of the festivals they are involved in on their website. How long as this been the case? I only noticed it this year . Cool to see partners of the original picnics back together.

Just wondering are they going to try scale up things with this partnership, i know they were planning on building a bigger main stage because the current has just become way too small

the increased capacity and POD's money onboard could bode well for getting LCD Soundsystem who are around Europe at the time...

the increased capacity and POD's money onboard could bode well for getting LCD Soundsystem who are around Europe at the time...

I wouldn't go that far.

Whats the capacity now?

• Advertisement

Whats the capacity now?

I can't remember if it was 10,000 last year or 8,500 people.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Chic haven't been announced for any festivals so far this summer and they haven't played Ireland in at least a fortnight so I wonder will they be announced for B&S?

lc180 wrote: »
    Chic haven't been announced for any festivals so far this summer and they haven't played Ireland in at least a fortnight so I wonder will they be announced for B&S?

Aside from bringing Hopkins back two years in a row you can't blame B&S for being unimaginative so I'd surprised if Nile rodger's transit van showed up in ballinlough actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭roll

lc180 wrote: »
    Chic haven't been announced for any festivals so far this summer and:D they haven't played Ireland in at least a fortnight :Dso I wonder will they be announced for B&S?

please god no!

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭jmauel

when buying the installment version of the body and soul ticket, does anyone know when the second installment payment goes out??

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Peesh89

jmauel wrote: »
    when buying the installment version of the body and soul ticket, does anyone know when the second installment payment goes out??

I bought mine the other day and it said second instalment is out in April :)

I wouldn't be surprised if Air cropped up on the Body & Soul bill as the laid back style of their music would suit the vibe of the festival and seeing that they are touring around the end of May and around June it could be a possibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭PadraigOK

homepage-slider-111.png

Not going but some might find this of interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Not going either because I'll be at the euros but IMO that is a weaker line up than the past two or three years have been, still more to be announced I'm sure.

eh, it's grand, i guess....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

Have my ticket already but that's a really rubbish lineup...

Have my ticket already but that's a really rubbish lineup...

Think they added some of the bigger names after the initial announcement but ya thats bit underwhelming alright.

Air not being there is a missed trick.

By the way Ho99o9 ( pronounced Horror) should not be missed, purely for the look of shock on the daisy head band brigade

That line up doesn't exactly set me on fire, considering Sonar in Barcelona now possibly on the same weekend. I really want to see Air and I realise that they could still get added in the second announcement, so will wait to that. I'm getting mixed up now Air is announced for that other Barcelona festival Primavera and not Sonar.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

PadraigOK wrote: »

Not going but some might find this of interest.

While not mind blowing, there is some decent stuff in there.

St. Germain is something I have wanted to see for many years.
    Mbongwana Star should be good, one of my favourite albums from last year.
    Really enjoyed Slow Magic in 2014. Recommended
    Mercury Rev are good live band, at least the one time i saw them before.
    Missed Ho99o9 at EP last year... seemed to be either loved or hated :)
    Sun Kil Moon are good for B&S. A bit mellow for my tastes.
    Santigold.. not convinced on new album (yet).
    Junior Boys are not really my thing ..

need to look at some of the lesser known acts a bit more closely.

Was hoping for more, but not gonna complain. I could use the old cliché "gives me more time to wander and discover new stuff". Feck that, I want non-stop music all weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Had a look there, last years initial announcement only included one headliner (Flight Facilities) with SFA and Leftfield announced later. So for anyone who is going I'd be optimistic that there are still some big acts to be announced. As it stands is it possible that there have been no headliners announced yet? Not sure what I would make of Santigold and St. Germain as headliners. Floating Points is a shoe in to headline the Midnight Circus stage.

In fairness to Body & Soul they always get all of the best Irish every year so nobody will be stuck for anything to go to. A lot of my facebook friends seem happy with the line up but if I had my ticket already I'd be disappointed, maybe it's just my tastes.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

Was about to buy my ticket this week but that is bleak.... :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

Already have my ticket and I can't pronounce a lot of those bands, never mind not knowing who they are :pac:

BadBadNotGood have to be one my favourite bands recently. Their album 'III' is absolutely sublime. Highly recommend checking them out if you haven't.

Floating Points and Sun Kil Moon would also be big draws for me. Guess there's some musical exploring to do while waiting for the next announcement! Hopefully some bigger headliners.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Not the worst start. Ho99o9 were easily one of the best acts at EP last year, absolute lunatics (think Death Grips crossed with Young Fathers). Santigold was excellent at EP a few years back, would definitely go see her again. Interested in seeing Floating Points and Sun Kil Moon live after both released decent albums in the last while. Mercury Rev are decent live. Talos and Bitch Falcon are two I've been meaning to see for a while. Must check out St Germain.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

That line up doesn't exactly set me on fire, considering Sonar in Barcelona now possibly on the same weekend. I really want to see Air and I realise that they could still get added in the second announcement, so will wait to that. I'm getting mixed up now Air is announced for that other Barcelona festival Primavera and not Sonar.

Just seen that Jean Michel Jarre is playing Sonar on the 17th, any chance of getting him over for B&S i wonder?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

BadBadNotGood have to be one my favourite bands recently. Their album 'III' is absolutely sublime. Highly recommend checking them out if you haven't.

This one passed me by .. Have been listening to this for the last hour. Good recommendation.

Advertisement