Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Body & Soul 2016 **No ticket sales / requests**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

previous album for me

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Sandwell

That's a decent initial line up. Plenty there I'd like to see and plenty more I'd be curious about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

Decent lineup for me. already going to the picnic but would consider going to this whatever day wolf parade are playing

edit: can only do full weekend tickets? feck it I'll just go to both

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Just looking at the Air live schedule so far they are just down for the Friday 17th June at Best Kept Secret festival in the Netherlands, which leaves Saturday and Sunday hopefully where they might grace the Body & Soul main stage. http://www.songkick.com/artists/458149-air

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Just looking at the Air live schedule so far they are just down for the Friday 17th June at Best Kept Secret festival in the Netherlands, which leaves Saturday and Sunday hopefully where they might grace the Body & Soul main stage. http://www.songkick.com/artists/458149-air

Was plenty overlap with best kept last year too iirc

• Advertisement

Would love if they booked Scottish folk singer Dick Gaughan for one of the smaller stages like Wanderlust Stage from last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Would love if they booked Scottish folk singer Dick Gaughan for one of the smaller stages like Wanderlust Stage from last year.

That's one from oot of left field bodhrandude :)
    While they're at it, they could throw Andy Irvine up with him - they did an album together and all...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Looks like Air are down for Sat 18th of June at best Kept Secret, probably diminishes the hopes of getting them over for B&S unfortunately.

Looks like Air are down for Sat 18th of June at best Kept Secret, probably diminishes the hopes of getting them over for B&S unfortunately.

Thats probably a songkick page you are looking at, like Last FM it lists all the days of the festival and I'm sure Air is listed as Friday as well as the other days and they (Air) don't seem to have an official webpage to check their live appearances for BKS.

Edit: Just looked at the BKS website and they have their day splits up already, damn it. http://www.bestkeptsecret.nl/en/line-up/

Thats probably a songkick page you are looking at, like Last FM it lists all the days of the festival and I'm sure Air is listed as Friday as well as the other days and they (Air) don't seem to have an official webpage to check their live appearances for BKS.

Edit: Just looked at the BKS website and they have their day splits up already, damn it. http://www.bestkeptsecret.nl/en/line-up/

yeah it was the BKS website i was on. Shame, perhaps they'll turn up in Stradbally later in the year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭LaGlisse

Hey thinking of picking up tickets for this,what is the general campsite like in terms of messiness,is it EP levels or are people a bit more mature. Not a big drinker,gf doesn't drink at all,not in the mood for dealing with wnkrs at 5 in the morning acting the gob****e,is general camping OK or splash out for one if the other campsites?

LaGlisse wrote: »
    Hey thinking of picking up tickets for this,what is the general campsite like in terms of messiness,is it EP levels or are people a bit more mature. Not a big drinker,gf doesn't drink at all,not in the mood for dealing with wnkrs at 5 in the morning acting the gob****e,is general camping OK or splash out for one if the other campsites?

Go to the website and sign up for the Us&You Eco Campsite. It'll be clean, calm, separated from the rest of the campsites & have it's own security etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

Its better behaved that the picnic and a lot friendlier , although you can always get stuck next to someone you don't want to be stuck next to.
    Thats not to say people won't be up all hours, the sun comes up at 4am just as the music stopped and a lot of people power through back at the campsite for a few hours.

Us and you is the way to go if you want proper peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

There's also a quiet campsite according to the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

The campsite is a lot more relaxed than EP but still depends who you get camping next to. We camped literally as far away as possible from the car park and it was almost like a private campsite, loads of space all weekend and no eejits in sight! Although it was a hell of a trek with all of your equipment. The busy parts of the main campsite looked extremely squashy this year.. If they up the capacity at all I would think they would need to expand the campsite.

1 other thing,is there a village\ town nearby that you could go to watch the Ireland v Belgium match,its on at 2pm on the Sat. I'd imagine given the type of fest it is it won't be shown on site?

1 other thing,is there a village\ town nearby that you could go to watch the Ireland v Belgium match,its on at 2pm on the Sat. I'd imagine given the type of fest it is it won't be shown on site?

Most definitely won't be shown. Other things haven't been shown in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

I'd say a spin into town is required to see the match

Most definitely won't be shown. Other things haven't been shown in the past.
    I'd say a spin into town is required to see the match

Thats what I thought alright, fair enough I suppose. cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭BaronVon

Delvin and Clonmellon are a few miles either side of the venue, a couple of pubs in both.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Whipping Boy

infacteh wrote: »
    Delvin and Clonmellon are a few miles either side of the venue, a couple of pubs in both.

Google maps has Clonmellon as 3.4km away so a 40min walk.

Does that sound about right?

Would rather do that than try take the car out...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭BaronVon

Google maps has Clonmellon as 3.4km away so a 40min walk.

Does that sound about right?

Would rather do that than try take the car out...

Yeah, but a bad road to be walking. A taxi or hitching would be your best bet. Or stream the game to a phone/tablet!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

They will be asked quiet a bit about such a big game but i think Body and Soul will say no in the niciest way possible. Of all festivals B&S are very conscious of their aesthetic and atmosphere having a crowd gathered in one corner effing and blinding at a telly and bringing the worst out of people isn't part of it.

lbj666 wrote: »
    They will be asked quiet a bit about such a big game but i think Body and Soul will say no in the niciest way possible. Of all festivals B&S are very conscious of their aesthetic and atmosphere having a crowd gathered in one corner effing and blinding at a telly and bringing the worst out of people isn't part of it.

Ah yeah its fair enough,wasnt expecting them to show it tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Whipping Boy

infacteh wrote: »
    Yeah, but a bad road to be walking. A taxi or hitching would be your best bet. Or stream the game to a phone/tablet!

Interesting, cheers. Don't think I'll risk the stream...too much can go wrong! Few cans for the trip to the pub sounds like the best route :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

The mmoths album was definitely worth waiting for. Hope to hear this performed at body&soul 2016.

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

When I first saw the line-up was quite unimpressed. A little bit of listening later and am back to bemoaning the fact that there'll be too much to distract me at the festival to have a chance of seeing all these great acts.

Really feels like some thoughtful bookings and a real change from the run-of-the-mill "these guys again" type lineups elsewhere.

Badbadnotgood, wolf parade, st germain, cassy all new to me and really enjoying. Sun Kil Moon I knew already. Still lots to check out - Mbongwana Star sound interesting and I like what I've heard of Embrz.

For anyone going who doesn't know Mercury Rev, I strongly recommend checking them out. They have the potential to be a real highlight of my summer. Vid below:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

I was joking before when I said Chic hadn't played here in at least a fortnight and that I wouldn't be surprised if they headlined Body & Soul........ well they just got announced for a show at the Marquee Cork the Tuesday after B&S.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

lc180 wrote: »
    I was joking before when I said Chic hadn't played here in at least a fortnight and that I wouldn't be surprised if they headlined Body & Soul........ well they just got announced for a show at the Marquee Cork the Tuesday after B&S.....
    Thank fúck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Thank fúck

I don't think you get what I mean, if Chic are playing Cork on the Tuesday do you not think there's a substantial chance they are also in the country for Body & Soul the weekend beforehand?

Advertisement