Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Body & Soul 2016 **No ticket sales / requests**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Very unlikely.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Sandwell

Not a chance. They'd be totally out of place on a Body & Soul lineup in 2016.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

And far too expensive to justify for BnS

I don't think they'd be hugely out of place, they just wouldn't be booked so close to a stand alone date like that, it would split the sales in half.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

I wouldn't be surprised if they were booked, they do so many shows here their asking price can't be that crazy. But on the other hand its actually a bit too obvious for Body & Souls liking, i kinda like to think while they would have been perfect a few years ago but since they ve been around so much B&S would vere away from it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

BadTurtle wrote: »
    I don't think they'd be hugely out of place, they just wouldn't be booked so close to a stand alone date like that, it would split the sales in half.
    i'd say B&S isn't far off being sold out, so although i'm not sure about Cork, if it was a Dublin gig it'd sell out even if they were at B&S.

i don't think they'll play but i wouldn't be hugely surprised, there isn't going to be a huge crossover of people who would buy tickets for both so the ticket sales wouldn't really be affected.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,195 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Please no Chic,

What's the capacity of body and soul and life festival this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

Apparently it was 10,000 last year so assuming they're doing another bump this year (maybe they won't?) it would be a capacity somewhere in 11,000 - 12,000.

Apparently it was 10,000 last year so assuming they're doing another bump this year (maybe they won't?) it would be a capacity somewhere in 11,000 - 12,000.

I reckon I'll be skipping Friday night this year. The queues on the way in were insane.

I reckon I'll be skipping Friday night this year. The queues on the way in were insane.

Skipping a whole day because of the queues? Aye they were horrendous. It was badly organised though with such a singular small entrance for the thousands filtering in. I'd like to think because it was one of the main complaints about last year that they might rectify the issue somehow.

• Advertisement

Skipping a whole day because of the queues? Aye they were horrendous. It was badly organised though with such a singular small entrance for the thousands filtering in. I'd like to think because it was one of the main complaints about last year that they might rectify the issue somehow.

I don't know how they would fix it, there is only one road into the site. I recall leaving dublin at around 4pm and I didn't have my tent up till after 9pm. Also I think I'm only capable of doing two nights/days at a festival as I'm getting older :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

I don't know how they would fix it, there is only one road into the site. I recall leaving dublin at around 4pm and I didn't have my tent up till after 9pm. Also I think I'm only capable of doing two nights/days at a festival as I'm getting older :pac:

The real problem was that they didn't open the site until 3pm, building up a huge crowd outside that took hours to bottleneck though the main gate.

They opened it earlier in past years and they didn't have this problem, hopefully they'll see sense and change it back.

Yeah they can't do much about the road I suppose but I think what I meant to refer to was the foot queues and the security checks on the way in. They took almost twice as long as some other festival queues. They could increase the amount of queue lanes, security checkers and wristband people to get the queue moving at a way faster pace maybe?

Aye I know what you mean. I'm still quite young but can't hack three day fests as much as I used to! Turned in relatively early on Sunday night (Monday morning :P) last year!

The real problem was that they didn't open the site until 3pm, building up a huge crowd outside that took hours to bottleneck though the main gate.

Oh really? Didn't know that. That's crazy!

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Sandwell

The line up has just got way better. http://nialler9.com/bodysoul-add-gloaming/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

The Gloaming, Hudson Mohawke, Neon Indian, David August & Gold Panda just announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭HausOfTony

Not too familiar with that many of the new acts announced, but I love discovering new acts in the lead up so who would be some top suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

The Gloaming!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

HausOfTony wrote: »
    Not too familiar with that many of the new acts announced, but I love discovering new acts in the lead up so who would be some top suggestions?

Although I have not personally seen him live, David August has a great live reputation.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Any idea how soon this will sell out?

• Advertisement

Wouldn't be surprised if it sold out in the next couple of weeks. As far as I can tell each tier of tickets is selling a lot faster than last year and they're on the last tier of them now.

HausOfTony wrote: »
    Gold Panda is very easy to listen to electronic music, reminds me of a more mellow Flume.
    Hudson Mohawke is much more uptempo, does a great DJ set. Has produced for Kanye West amongst others. Quite hip hop and trap indebted electronic music.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭HausOfTony

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Gold Panda is very easy to listen to electronic music, reminds me of a more mellow Flume.
    Hudson Mohawke is much more uptempo, does a great DJ set. Has produced for Kanye West amongst others. Quite hip hop and trap indebted electronic music.

Cheers, both sound like what I'd like. Going to check them out tonight :)

• Registered Users Posts: 31 FrewBrews

Anyone know if this is sold out? I went to buy a ticket there online and ticket master said it couldn't find any.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭GhostMutt30

FrewBrews wrote: »
    Anyone know if this is sold out? I went to buy a ticket there online and ticket master said it couldn't find any.

go to tickets on the Body & Soul website it'll send you straight to the link

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Dirk.Diggler

Is it possible to get a one day ticket to Body and Soul or have they been sold out?

Just saw that Neon Indian is part of the lineup and I would be willing to pay a lot of money just to see them. I can't go for the full 3 days but was hoping I could get a ticket for the day they are on.

Any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I don't think there is any single tickets for this, maybe the Sunday like EP.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Sunday tickets usually go on sale closer to the event I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭Rough Sleeper

Wednesday, 13th April 2016.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Dirk.Diggler

Sunday tickets usually go on sale closer to the event I think.

Cheers. I actually bit the bullet and bought a full 3 day ticket when I'll probably only be able to go for the one day. If more options become available, I'm sure I'll be able to sort something out.

Advertisement