Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Body & Soul 2016 **No ticket sales / requests**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Oh brilliant. Didn't realise they did day tickets. Only live down the road and wanted to go just for a day cos doing Glastonbury so weekend is not an option. Subscribing to thread. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭Rough Sleeper

I don't suppose there's an offo at this, selling cans at an inflated mark-up? Running out of booze in the wee hours of the morning sounds a bit grim.

I don't suppose there's an offo at this, selling cans at an inflated mark-up? Running out of booze in the wee hours of the morning sounds a bit grim.

Just bars. No place where you can buy cans, bottles of wine or spirits.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Just bars. No place where you can buy cans, bottles of wine or spirits.

Hhhmm, only live down the road. Thinking 'ping' opportunity. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 boopdedoop

Any idea of the alcohol limit this year? Checked on their site but it just says there'll be more info in the coming weeks, was it 24 cans + bottle of wine or spirit or only one of those last year? :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭HausOfTony

boopdedoop wrote: »
    Any idea of the alcohol limit this year? Checked on their site but it just says there'll be more info in the coming weeks, was it 24 cans + bottle of wine or spirit or only one of those last year? :-)

It was like 24 cans and a bottle of wine or 2 bottles of wine and a bottle of spirits or something?

Was it strictly enforced? I didn't have that much alcohol with me but don't remember being checked for such

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭proudi

hey. does anyone here know when the day by day break down will be announced? Can't afford the weekend but hoping a few i want to see will be on the sunday. Is it usually before sunday tickets go on sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 iasc87

First time heading to Body & Soul this year. Can anyone give me some information on what to expect? Is there many stages/hidden areas/late night areas? What's the crowd like? Are the long queues to get in due to extensive bag searches or just the high volume of people? Any info would be very much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Sandwell

iasc87 wrote: »
    First time heading to Body & Soul this year. Can anyone give me some information on what to expect? Is there many stages/hidden areas/late night areas? What's the crowd like? Are the long queues to get in due to extensive bag searches or just the high volume of people? Any info would be very much appreciated.

There are lots of small stages scattered around and many of them stay going late. All music stops at a set time however. It depends on the night. Friday and Saturday go later.

The crowd is pretty relaxed and friendly. Fairly mature, lots of people in their 20s and 30s. I've never seen any aggression at it although I'm sure it attracts a few idiots like any other event of its size.

The long queues were due to the volume of people. Searches were harmless enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

did they open later last year or increase capacity or something?

i don't remember any long queues in previous years, certainly nothing like last year from what i saw/read.

• Advertisement

I think they may have both increased capacity and opened later. It led to an absolute meltdown which I really hope won't be repeated this year. It was the one sour note of an otherwise brilliant weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭GhostMutt30

I've been twice before the first two years it was held I think 2010 and 2011, am going back this year how much has the festival changed since then? Is the layout much different or has the atmosphere changed much?

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭kwat

Last year was my first year at it.
    Queues going in on the Friday were ridiculous. Gates didn't open till 3pm and about a two hour queue to get in at that stage. No order on queue and only a few people putting on wristbands. Hope they sort it this year. Not many searches really.
    Once inside it was great though. Loads of different areas to get lost in, but not as big as the Electric Picnic site, so if you did lose anyone in your group you'd find them again pretty easily.
    Only issue was the sounds in the stage in the woods, which was crap. It also had to finish early one of the nights (think it was the Saturday) as it was getting too crowded. Again, hope it's sorted this year.
    Ended up in the Chai Wallah tent late on Saturday and Sunday night, which was hopping, and seemed to go on the latest.
    Can't wait :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

kwat wrote: »
    Last year was my first year at it.
    Queues going in on the Friday were ridiculous. Gates didn't open till 3pm and about a two hour queue to get in at that stage. No order on queue and only a few people putting on wristbands. Hope they sort it this year. Not many searches really.
    Once inside it was great though. Loads of different areas to get lost in, but not as big as the Electric Picnic site, so if you did lose anyone in your group you'd find them again pretty easily.
    Only issue was the sounds in the stage in the woods, which was crap. It also had to finish early one of the nights (think it was the Saturday) as it was getting too crowded. Again, hope it's sorted this year.
    Ended up in the Chai Wallah tent late on Saturday and Sunday night, which was hopping, and seemed to go on the latest.
    Can't wait :)

Pretty much my experience of it last year too, long queues to get in and by the time I was in and had the tent set up it felt like the Friday was half over! It was almost getting dark by the time we were ready to go and see a few acts on the Friday evening. Sound in the woods was poor alright they had it in a different area to 2014, thought the sound was much better the year before. I also ended up at the Chai Wallahs on the Saturday & Sunday night, tunes were brilliant in there!

Definitely recommend going to Body & Soul, there are so many brilliant small stages which great music going on that you will never be bored. The free flow policy with the drinks is a huge factor in how good it is too, you waste barely any time in the campsite.

Girl Band have just been announced

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

HausOfTony wrote: »
    Girl Band have just been announced

This is good. Real good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Yeasayer have a gap in their calendar the Saturday of BnS
    http://pitchfork.com/news/63679-yeasayer-announce-tour-share-new-track-silly-me/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

boopdedoop wrote: »

Must have updated the website from when you posted. Same as last year as far as I remember. Below is from the FAQ page:

"There will be ample bars at the festival selling drinks at reasonable prices, one of the revenue streams we rely on to fund the festival. However, festival-goers are permitted to bring a personal allocation of their own alcohol into the festival. Personal quota as follows: 24 cans of beer/cider and 2 bottles of wine per person (no glass permitted on site) OR 1 bottle (750cl) of spirits and 2 bottles of wine per person (no glass permitted on site). Your allocation must be brought into the festival at the time of first entry. Alcohol will not be permitted on re-entry.

Sunday ticket holders are not permitted to bring alcohol into the festival site.

Families entering the festival at any time with sealed plastic bottles or cartons of fluids for their children will be permitted.

Our FREE-FLOW POLICY: There will be no further searches once you have been admitted to the festival. Liquids of any sort, alcoholic or non-alcoholic can be brought wherever you wish. Do note, however that no glass containers are permitted on site whatsoever but decanting services are available at the main entrance where 1 litre plastic bottles are available for €1.

There are also free water points throughout the site.
    "

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭jmauel

Has anyone here camped in the Us & You green campsite at previous years B&S?? A friend wants us to camp there but I think the main campsite would be more craic, due to friends being able to pop over to your tent etc...
    It seems to me only people who register can access the Us & you campsite .. It also looked like it was on the side of a hill last year, not great for camping..
    Has anyone experience of this??

jmauel wrote: »
    Has anyone here camped in the Us & You green campsite at previous years B&S?? A friend wants us to camp there but I think the main campsite would be more craic, due to friends being able to pop over to your tent etc...
    It seems to me only people who register can access the Us & you campsite .. It also looked like it was on the side of a hill last year, not great for camping..
    Has anyone experience of this??

Camped there last year. It's quieter, yes, and they will only let in people who have preregistered so it takes a fair bit of organisation to get all your friends into it. I read somewhere the location is being changed this year to somewhere near the main entrance from the car parks, further again from the action if that's what you're after. Personally, I'll be camping there again as I appreciated the extra space and quieter atmosphere. People actually cleaned up after themselves and the place didn't look like a landfill on Monday morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 gabe265

Sandwell wrote: »
    Camped there last year. It's quieter, yes, and they will only let in people who have preregistered so it takes a fair bit of organisation to get all your friends into it. I read somewhere the location is being changed this year to somewhere near the main entrance from the car parks, further again from the action if that's what you're after. Personally, I'll be camping there again as I appreciated the extra space and quieter atmosphere. People actually cleaned up after themselves and the place didn't look like a landfill on Monday morning.

This is my experience of it too, it is quieter, but that's mostly because there's no messers, there's still people up drinking around their tents. It is a bit of hassle making sure everyone in your group is registered, but well worth it. Definitely can't beat the smug feeling of leaving your nice tidy campsite Monday morning and having to walk through the bombsite of the main campsite to get to the car park!

The eco campsite was in a fenced off area to the right of where you came into the main campsite after getting your wristband in 2014, sounds like they're moving it back to there so.

Does anybody know if this is close to selling out?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Hard to say but it's on the final tier of tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

I heard on Monday that there were only 500 tickets left. Could possibly be no grounding to this it all but worth considering.

More campervan tickets on sale Friday @ 12.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 mikeydublin

I could see this selling out very very soon, end of month people getting payed and all that, I can imagine there will be very little tickets left come May.

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Homesick Alien

I've been twice before the first two years it was held I think 2010 and 2011, am going back this year how much has the festival changed since then? Is the layout much different or has the atmosphere changed much?
    It's unrecognisable. I was there those first two years too and it was incredible. 2000 people, sun shone the whole weekend. It was seriously utopian. Now I think it's up to 16000 capacity. The site is at least twice as big. The main stage is on its own now, isolated from the rest of the festival and there's a second tent stage like the electric arena, can't remember what it's called. The atmosphere is definitely different but that's not to say not enjoyable. I've never not had a good time there, just enjoy it a little less every year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

It's unrecognisable. I was there those first two years too and it was incredible. 2000 people, sun shone the whole weekend. It was seriously utopian. Now I think it's up to 16000 capacity. The site is at least twice as big. The main stage is on its own now, isolated from the rest of the festival and there's a second tent stage like the electric arena, can't remember what it's called. The atmosphere is definitely different but that's not to say not enjoyable. I've never not had a good time there, just enjoy it a little less every year.

I think capacity is about 10,000. Certainly was not anywhere near 16,000 there last year. Midnight Circus tent is nowhere near as big as Electric Arena, closer to the Cosby Stage tent.

In the last few years, although it has being steadily growing, it is for me, hands down the best festival in the land.

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Homesick Alien

I think capacity is about 10,000. Certainly was not anywhere near 16,000 there last year. Midnight Circus tent is nowhere near as big as Electric Arena, closer to the Cosby Stage tent.

In the last few years, although it has being steadily growing, it is for me, hands down the best festival in the land.

You're right it was 10k - dunno where I got 16k from. I just remember massive crowds being corralled through the woods once by security once the music ended last year, something I'd never witnessed before. It was actually a bit intimidating.

I meant that the tent is the second stage equivalent of the Electric Arena in proportion to the main stage which is a lot smaller than EP main stage.

Anyway to each their own. It definitely used to be the best festival in Ireland. Dunno anymore. Suppose you'd have to go to them all to say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

They free-flow policy really makes it a very stress free event once you're in and you've got the tents set up.

Hopefully they keep the numbers down to 10,000 and learn from last years disaster and open the site before noon.

Advertisement