Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Body & Soul 2016 **No ticket sales / requests**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Anyway to each their own. It definitely used to be the best festival in Ireland. Dunno anymore. Suppose you'd have to go to them all to say.

I go to a good few festivals every year (5 or 6) and B&S certainly would have the most consistent good feel atmosphere (IMO) of them all. If there is a better music festival in Ireland, I am unaware of it... any hints there?

I didn't witness any security corralling as i wasn't down there at the end any night. I thought the forest area was a little underwhelming last year.

in 2015 my absolute favourite festival weekend was the very excellent Spirit of Folk. The Saturday afternoon was just brilliant in terms of atmosphere, rather than any particular acts performing. They are taking a break for 2016 which makes me sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Peesh89

I go to a good few festivals every year (5 or 6) and B&S certainly would have the most consistent good feel atmosphere (IMO) of them all. If there is a better music festival in Ireland, I am unaware of it... any hints there?

I didn't witness any security corralling as i wasn't down there at the end any night. I thought the forest area was a little underwhelming last year.

in 2015 my absolute favourite festival weekend was the very excellent Spirit of Folk. The Saturday afternoon was just brilliant in terms of atmosphere, rather than any particular acts performing. They are taking a break for 2016 which makes me sad.

LOVED spirit of folk! Was so nice to get that chilled atmosphere after Electric Picnic. KnockanStockan would be my personal fave, then body and soul!

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭jmauel

Anyway to each their own. It definitely used to be the best festival in Ireland. Dunno anymore. Suppose you'd have to go to them all to say.

I've been to all the B & S's since the beginning and I think its definitely the best festival in Ireland.
    Obviously there have been differences year on year, and the odd glitch ..But I have to say that they are very good at learning from previous mistakes.
    So I am hopeful that the traffic & gate management on the Friday will be improved this year.
    I think that's the only thing they fell down on last year.
    The free policy change to alcohol, solved what I thought was a big problem a few years ago, binge drinking in the campsite leading to very messy punters.
    Relaxing this policy has made for a much more chilled festival with much less casualties..
    It has obviously got much bigger but crucially never lost its vibe, which is super friendly people up for craic, great music , wonderful art.
    Definitely my favourite weekend of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭kwat

jmauel wrote: »
    I've been to all the B & S's since the beginning and I think its definitely the best festival in Ireland.
    Obviously there have been differences year on year, and the odd glitch ..But I have to say that they are very good at learning from previous mistakes.
    So I am hopeful that the traffic & gate management on the Friday will be improved this year.
    I think that's the only thing they fell down on last year.
    The free policy change to alcohol, solved what I thought was a big problem a few years ago, binge drinking in the campsite leading to very messy punters.
    Relaxing this policy has made for a much more chilled festival with much less casualties..
    It has obviously got much bigger but crucially never lost its vibe, which is super friendly people up for craic, great music , wonderful art.
    Definitely my favourite weekend of the year.

Well the tickets this year say gates are at 12pm so hopefully that'll help in spreading out the arrivals and there won't be the same queues as there was last year.
    Hopefully the sound and layout in the woods will be a bit better too. They had to shut everything down early on the Saturday night due to the crowds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

Loved Spirit of Folk too. Thought it was the best with B&S second. Didn't know they weren't having it this year but remember them selling early bird tickets before Christmas.

• Advertisement

Anybody know when the bus tickets are on sale? Didn't get mine included in my ticket.

Just bought a new tent and chair and looking out for drink deals already, surprising myself by being so organized this year.

Just realized I asked the same question this time last year. Going so senile this could be my last festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Is this sold out? Some of my friends seem in a panic saying that there are no tickets available on ticketmaster..

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭maki

Is this sold out? Some of my friends seem in a panic saying that there are no tickets available on ticketmaster..

Full price tickets seem to be unavailable, but strangely enough the instalment tickets are still available.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Peterd66

Looks like is is sold out on TM but no official confirmation.

Website is a bit iffy at the moment - was showing details of some smaller area's yesterday but links gone today. Also FAQ's not responding.

Anyone know when the smaller stages/forests announce their acts?

Peter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Homesick Alien

Still available on the Ticketmaster app

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

This is quite nice. Only six more weeks people...

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Todd Terje

Anybody have any idea when the Sunday tickets are likely to go on sale? Cant go for the full weekend unfortunately!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 ThrillCosby

Todd Terje wrote: »
    Anybody have any idea when the Sunday tickets are likely to go on sale? Cant go for the full weekend unfortunately!

Interested to know this also

• Registered Users Posts: 6 mmcd93

hi fellow body & soulers first time going this year really looking forward to it and reading this tread has got me excited, just wondering what's the situation with security checks at the entrance to the festival are they really thorough or relaxed? much appreciate any responses :)

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭HausOfTony

mmcd93 wrote: »
    hi fellow body & soulers first time going this year really looking forward to it and reading this tread has got me excited, just wondering what's the situation with security checks at the entrance to the festival are they really thorough or relaxed? much appreciate any responses :)

Relaxed enough if I remember correctly

HausOfTony wrote: »
    Relaxed enough if I remember correctly

Ah great :) thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭jmauel

mmcd93 wrote: »

Hi, they are mainly checking for glass

jmauel wrote: »
    Hi, they are mainly checking for glass

Cool thanks 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 31 FrewBrews

With little over a month to go, do people want to talk about artist recommendations?

I'm really like Badbadnotgood and Santigold at the moment. BBNG's cover of "Flashing Lights" is amazing and I'm loving the majority of their work. I'm a massive Hip Hop fan and have been loving their collaborations with Tyler the Creator, Earl Sweatshirt and Ghostface Killah.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

FrewBrews wrote: »
    With little over a month to go, do people want to talk about artist recommendations?

I'm really like Badbadnotgood and Santigold at the moment. BBNG's cover of "Flashing Lights" is amazing and I'm loving the majority of their work. I'm a massive Hip Hop fan and have been loving their collaborations with Tyler the Creator, Earl Sweatshirt and Ghostface Killah.

BBNG on new Kaytranada album as well. Might be of interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

The Port Royal reggae area seems to be missing from the stages, please god there will be a reggae chill area hopefully.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

really want to go this but my camping days are behind me.

anybody got any recommendations for hotels/b+b/airbnb nearby?

I was told that capacity is 18k this year. It could be my last year

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

i'd be surprised, that's a huge jump, which i don't think is really reflected in the lineup, nor would I think the site as it is can accommodate that many, especially given that the stages seem to be the same.

The Absolut Stage Line Up.

13178873_10154818197189027_3475513086608976388_n.jpg?oh=cb5a1d183afa0aee916ab4135f078c33&oe=57E56690&__gda__=1474694297_9a706d01588e10018877e32e465fe551

Thats not bad for a small stage line up, quite a few of the acts were in the Midnight Circus bill in 2013, I enjoyed the Absolut stage last year, one of the more creative stages at the festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭richy

Hi guys. Couple of questions for people who have been there before.

How strict is the 24 cans or 750ml spirits or wine rule. Would prefer a mix of cans and spirits but the website says one or the other.

Are tickets allocated to campsites or can I camp pretty much anywhere besides restricted areas IE if I buy a ticket now can I camp with friends who booked a month ago etc from a different tier.

Is there buses going back to cork Sunday do you know and where would I find them. Gives the option on the website for bus included but doesn't specify to where. Presume it's dublin?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭HausOfTony

richy wrote: »
    Hi guys. Couple of questions for people who have been there before.

How strict is the 24 cans or 750ml spirits or wine rule. Would prefer a mix of cans and spirits but the website says one or the other.

Are tickets allocated to campsites or can I camp pretty much anywhere besides restricted areas IE if I buy a ticket now can I camp with friends who booked a month ago etc from a different tier.

Is there buses going back to cork Sunday do you know and where would I find them. Gives the option on the website for bus included but doesn't specify to where. Presume it's dublin?

In my own experience the drink allocation rule hasn't been strictly enforced, they've just been checking for glass which is prohibited! Yep you can camp anywhere bar the boutique and Eco option, family site etc which must be pre booked and as far as I know the official bus just goes from Dublin :)

Advertisement