Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Body & Soul 2016 **No ticket sales / requests**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭richy

HausOfTony wrote: »
    In my own experience the drink allocation rule hasn't been strictly enforced, they've just been checking for glass which is prohibited! Yep you can camp anywhere bar the boutique and Eco option, family site etc which must be pre booked and as far as I know the official bus just goes from Dublin :)

Cheers haus. I can drive but the thought of leaving a day early (Sunday) alone and hungover driving back to cork is giving me night mares already :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

frantic190 wrote: »
    heh, they said yesterday that they'd go onsale in the first week of June.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I'm not happy with the price increase for the volunteer bond, it was 139.50 last year for the bond, this year its 169.50, WTF! Its certainly not reflected by the line up this year so there must be major changes to the site or something but if they are going to increase by 30 euros I'm going to be demanding food tokens as well when I'm doing my shifts.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 24 drawde55

Bit disappointed by the line up over all, what's the general consensus on more additions? The line up on the website shows the gloaming as top tier headliners with everyone else 2nd tier (smaller text), surely there must be another headliner? Santigold is good enough but not a headliner compared to the quality of acts in recent years

• Advertisement

drawde55 wrote: »
    Bit disappointed by the line up over all, what's the general consensus on more additions? The line up on the website shows the gloaming as top tier headliners with everyone else 2nd tier (smaller text), surely there must be another headliner? Santigold is good enough but not a headliner compared to the quality of acts in recent years

Maybe its just Saturday and Sunday headline acts, Friday will probably be a normal night in the woods with some music in the Midnight Circus. The Absolut stage on the other hand has quite a decent electronic line up of DJs and there is always a good buzz round there. For the second year now a prominent reggae headliner is missing from the early Sunday evening line up but I'm hoping they still might procure the mighty Toots and the Maytals.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

BODY&SOUL STAGE / MIDNIGHT CIRCUS
    The Gloaming / Santigold / St Germain / Hudson Mohawke / Floating Points (live) / Mercury Rev / Neon Indian / Girl Band / BadBadNotGood / Wolf Parade / Sun Kil Moon / Junior Boys / David August / Cassy / Optimo / Gold Panda / Mbongwana Star / Ibibio Sound Machine / Tanya Tagaq / Slow Magic / Jambinai / Ho99o9 / Ninos Du Brasil / NAH / Brian Deady / Bleeding Heart Pigeons / Rusangano Family / FJAAK / EMBRZ / Bitch Falcon

ON THE WOODLANDS STAGE
    Holly Macve / Talos / Saint Sister / Elm / TooFools / Forrests / Mario Batkovic / Daithí / Somadrone / Myles Manley / Plutonic Dust / Loah / Ocho / Aine Cahill / ÆMak / Elephant / We Eat Electric Light / Ailbhe Reddy / Ollie Bell / Niamh Regan / PRESENTED BY MUSIC NETWORK: Séamus Begley, Catriona McKay & Chris Stout / OKO / Christine Tobin / Bangers and Crash Percussion Trio / The Carducci Quartet / Donal Lunny, Máirtín O’Connor & Zoë Conway

ON THE PAGODA STAGE
    Daniel McDermott / PolyGlove / BARQ / Auxiliary Phoenix / The Ocelots / Joni / Tracy Bruen / Katie Laffan / Shrubs Duo / Farah Elle / Feather / Apollonia Tribal Bellydance / Floating Ballroom / Publicity Machine / Johnny Rayge / El Grey / Roisin El Cherif / Candlelit Tales & Infinity Program: The Story of Eithlinn / Marangvla A&V / Arash

ON THE ABSOLUT STAGE
    Deadbots / Rory Phillips / Billy Scurry / Timmy Stewart / This Greedy Pig DJs / DJ Deece / Fish Go Deep / Get Down Edits / Lumo DJs / Kelly-Anne Byrne / R.S.A.G Live / Mother DJs / Claire Beck / Johnny Moy / Donal Dineen / The Dirty Dubsters / Modern Magic / Baz Hickey / Aoife O’Neil / Tiny Choons / Cyril Briscoe / CiCi Cavanagh / Eddie Kay / The Painted Lady / Stevie G / Colm K / Marquis D’alton / Mix & Fairbanks / Ciara Brady / Rob Le Nan / Colin Perkins / Colin Devine / Just Damien / Soul Friends DJ Set.

BULMERS LOUNGE
    White Mice (Sinead White) / Stomptown Brass / The Bonny Men / Tracy Bruen / My Fellow Sponges / Tongue Bundle / Laurie Shaw / Rue / Landless / The Shaker Hymn / Steven Sharpe / Steve Bennett / Vernon Jane / ZASKA / After the Ibis.

Can't imagine much more to be added tbh. There's also the Lighthouse Cinema, spoken word, the Arbutus Yarns stage/area, theatre and other stuff that has all more or less been announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

Lighthouse Cinema stage is the only one with times announced and I know it's still early but I've started a clashfinder http://clashfinder.com/s/bands2016/

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Peesh89

I like that there's someone equally as excited.
    I was going to ask did anyone know if/when the app was going to be out or what it was called but then decided people would think I was mental because it's so early.

I just want a festival. pls.

Dudda wrote: »
    Lighthouse Cinema stage is the only one with times announced and I know it's still early but I've started a clashfinder http://clashfinder.com/s/bands2016/

Am I going to go to Stop Making Sense yet again?! Its always great craic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Am I going to go to Stop Making Sense yet again?! Its always great craic

One of the great concert movies .. if not the greatest

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Peesh89 wrote: »
    I like that there's someone equally as excited.
    I was going to ask did anyone know if/when the app was going to be out or what it was called but then decided people would think I was mental because it's so early.

I just want a festival. pls.

I was just thinking last night if there would be an appetite for the unofficial app again this year .. was only a couple of hundred users last year ..

Gimme all the festival apps.

I'm the annoying friend with a colour coded timetable/excel sheet printed out...

• Registered Users Posts: 3 gabe265

Yeah, i've been using your B&S app for the past two years to make itineraries for my friends to ignore.

Granted, it's not a very big festival so there's no real risk of missing what you want to go see, but it is handy to have as a reference/reminder.

I usually get bananas and miss everything regardless

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Peterd66

I was just thinking last night if there would be an appetite for the unofficial app again this year .. was only a couple of hundred users last year ..

Please do - I would be lost without your app for this and EP. I also like a tipple and the app keeps me on track so as not to miss anything

It wouldn't be the same without it.

Peter

Peterd66 wrote: »
    Please do - I would be lost without your app for this and EP. I also like a tipple and the app keeps me on track so as not to miss anything

It wouldn't be the same without it.

Peter

I want to try this app too, got a smart phone myself so will check this out.

I have to post this to the power of Santigold, from the 2009 Sasquatch festival, one dude turns a field into a dance revolution for Santigold's Unstoppable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Wasn't aware that Wolf Parade are playing at this. The new EP is the sh1t!

C'mon tae fcuk and talk about festivals, I'm in the mood for talking about festivals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

I think il be spending a lot of time in the absolute bar this year. Great line up and it had a really great atomosphere. The staff were all so sound aswell unlike the knobfest of Bacardi bar at EP

Rfrip wrote: »
    I think il be spending a lot of time in the absolute bar this year. Great line up and it had a really great atomosphere. The staff were all so sound aswell unlike the knobfest of Bacardi bar at EP

So true, there is a great buzz at the Absolut, it was one of my favourite places along with Port Royal.

Just checking out Floating Points there, was expecting this DJ fellah, there is an electronics guy there, but a whole lot more besides, live band and orchestra and a cool sound. A latter day electro prog rock sound, I'd say they would be an interesting watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

Just checking out Floating Points there, was expecting this DJ fellah, there is an electronics guy there, but a whole lot more besides, live band and orchestra and a cool sound. A latter day electro prog rock sound, I'd say they would be an interesting watch.

sounds like absolute muck to me. i loved king bromeliad and nuits sonoroes when they came out and was expecting big things for the album. then we get that shíte album with an even more pretentious and boring liveshow. i'll wander over for a look at primavera hoping that he might be playing those 2 aforementioned bangers but i doubt it.

look at one of the youtube comments on that live video for feck's sake! puke

9hrGtpr.png

</rant>

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Sandwell

sounds like absolute muck to me. i loved king bromeliad and nuits sonoroes when they came out and was expecting big things for the album. then we get that shíte album with an even more pretentious and boring liveshow. i'll wander over for a look at primavera hoping that he might be playing those 2 aforementioned bangers but i doubt it.

9hrGtpr.png

</rant>

Lol. Have to agree. I loved his early records but the album is a total snoozefest. I can see why it's done well though. There's a huge market for that kind of mid-tempo, noodly electronic music.

9hrGtpr.png

</rant>

Yeah have to admit some of that is rather self indulgent, but there will be other stages. I liked when Shepherd went off on his own sometimes, he makes some nice electronic sounds kinda like Holden, Jaar and Hopkins in that regard. I don't know if Floating Points is touring with the band but would like to see him do a standalone show without the group. I also noted George that you took the one comment that disagreed with the music, everyone else raved about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

the youtube comment that disagreed with the music? nah that guy is loving it. he's finding himself!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭dearg lady

Probably been asked already but any idea when the day by day breakdown is announced??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

dearg lady wrote: »
    Probably been asked already but any idea when the day by day breakdown is announced??
    Usually 2-3 days before but people start putting a list of times together themselves as artists post their times on Facebook etc. The lighthouse cinema tent is the only one known so far.

• Advertisement

I'M JUST SO EXCITED.

Advertisement