Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Body & Soul 2016 **No ticket sales / requests**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

I want to try this app too, got a smart phone myself so will check this out.

so it will be done...

bodhrandude... on android you can download last year's app for EP or B&S if you wanna see how it works ..
    B&S: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.pablosoft.bands2015
    EP: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.pablosoft.electricpicnic2015

or iPhone:
    EP: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/electric-picnic-2015/id1033102236?ls=1&mt=8

For some reason the iPhone B&S one is not showing up ... have no idea why not.

will do a B&S 2016 in the next few weeks .. not sure if I will get an up to date map .. seems to be a few changes this year ..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭RINO87

Hopefully one of the traders sees sense and puts up a big screen for the euros.... I know its not what the festival is about etc etc, i bloody love body and soul, only missed one of them but i bloody love the football too!! I'm coming back from the euros to go to B&S!! Remember when the hidden agenda guys finished out the festival in 2014 with sunchyme because the world cup was on, it was all sorts of amazing! If Ireland get a result on the saturday the buzz will be unbelieveabl

....no wait it was samba de janiero wasn't it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭RINO87

You miss out on that great collective atmosphere by watching it on your phone, I'm not saying that there should be a stage dedicated to it, but if one of the bars screened it they would make a fortune. That money could, and should be put back into the festival. B&S caters for all sorts, why not have a small section catering for the football?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

RINO87 wrote: »
    Hopefully one of the traders sees sense and puts up a big screen for the euros.... I know its not what the festival is about etc etc, i bloody love body and soul, only missed one of them but i bloody love the football too!! I'm coming back from the euros to go to B&S!! Remember when the hidden agenda guys finished out the festival in 2014 with sunchyme because the world cup was on, it was all sorts of amazing! If Ireland get a result on the saturday the buzz will be unbelieveabl

....no wait it was samba de janiero wasn't it!

http://youtu.be/E8dDGqSjFPA

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 31 FrewBrews

How much cash is recommended for this? I'll most likely only be buying food and a couple of pints as I'll be bringing in drink.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

FrewBrews wrote: »
    How much cash is recommended for this? I'll most likely only be buying food and a couple of pints as I'll be bringing in drink.
    Bring a cooler/eskie for your drink and it'll stay cold til Sunday afternoon, if you keep it in the shade. I only bought about 2 pints there in 2014.

RINO87 wrote: »
    You miss out on that great collective atmosphere by watching it on your phone, I'm not saying that there should be a stage dedicated to it, but if one of the bars screened it they would make a fortune. That money could, and should be put back into the festival. B&S caters for all sorts, why not have a small section catering for the football?

B&s have never catered for any sporting events so I don't see why they would start now. Whether it be GAA, football or whatever. There are always going to be fans wanting to watch something like it's their religion.

The lions tour was on a couple of years back which was a big deal for me but I didn't expect to see it. I personally hope B&s stick to their guns and the euros isn't on because it would definitely change the atmosphere to something I don't want.

FrewBrews wrote: »

Any type of food seems to be a tenner, pints were 6.50 I think last year. Depends on how much your gonna eat and drink really!

I always have a plan on what il spend which I never stick to as I just loose the complete run of myself on arrival!!

Jesus I can't wait

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭HausOfTony

Has anybody else on the deposit scheme (2nd half due on June 1st) received their ticket? Weird cos EP don't send theirs out til all installments are paid? I'm sure it will still scan fine once both payments are made

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Laurel_Patente

HausOfTony wrote: »
    Has anybody else on the deposit scheme (2nd half due on June 1st) received their ticket? Weird cos EP don't send theirs out til all installments are paid? I'm sure it will still scan fine once both payments are made

I have my ticket but the money hasn't been taken out of my account yet, as you say second half will probably be deducted from the account at the start of June

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 boopdedoop

Probably way too late to be considering this but time got away from me, I was hoping to find somewhere to crash the Thursday before (bnb, hotel whatever), the list on their website won't work for me, can anyone recommend anywhere to look that's relatively close by? Probably all booked by now but worth a shot :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 mmcd93

Anybody doing a bus from Galway? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭CdeC

Hi All,

An English friend of mine wants to go to body and Soul but she mightn't be able to get into Dublin Airport until 8pm.
    What would be the best way for her to get out to the festival or is it even possible? For a reasonable cost that is.

Thanks,

CdeC

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

CdeC wrote: »
    Hi All,

An English friend of mine wants to go to body and Soul but she mightn't be able to get into Dublin Airport until 8pm.
    What would be the best way for her to get out to the festival or is it even possible? For a reasonable cost that is.

Thanks,

CdeC

look here ..

http://getthere.ie/dublin_airport-athboy/

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Peesh89

I've been told that they'll be closing the gates at 11pm on Friday night (obviously reopening on sat) so keep that in mind as well.. Had to ask as I'm coming straight from a wedding!

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Reading between the lines of the write-up on the Second Nature area and some of the names on the Absolut Art Bar list (Mother DJs for example...), could it be that Reckless in Love is no more at B&S, and more generally after some issues with overcrowding last year that they are trying to make the woods less of a late night party zone than in previous years???

Focussing attention on the Main Stage and Midnight Circus fields (which has Absolut Art Bar...)

Perhaps too many people at the festival these days to have us all partying in the woods?

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Peterd66

That was my reading of it as well, no Reckless in Love, which is a pity as having Mother there all day Sat was great.

Peter

il be annoyed at that now tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭HausOfTony

Rfrip wrote: »
    il be annoyed at that now tbh

Same here

Weekend tickets seem to be sold out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Thank god I got my bond paid last week, roll on Body & Soul. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Are you actually sure it is sold out, there is no indication on their website or facebook page, usually they would be the first markers that it would be sold out.

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/promo/wuw75x

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Are you actually sure it is sold out, there is no indication on their website or facebook page, usually they would be the first markers that it would be sold out.

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/promo/wuw75x
    Not sure but if you try and get some on TM site it says none available

Devastated to be missing The Gloaming on Friday night.. what a way to watch the sun go down!

Peesh89 wrote: »
    Devastated to be missing The Gloaming on Friday night.. what a way to watch the sun go down!

Is the set list up yet?

Heads up there Body&Soulers. Less than 30 weekend tickets left.

Is the set list up yet?

No but The Gloaming have announced they'll be playing at twilight aka gloaming on Friday night..

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭richy

Whats the crack with small gazebos? Says on the site they arent allowed but noticed a couple at picnic two years ago and I think they said the same?

If no gazebos are allowed, any other things to keep the sun/rain off my head?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

richy wrote: »
    Whats the crack with small gazebos? Says on the site they arent allowed but noticed a couple at picnic two years ago and I think they said the same?

If no gazebos are allowed, any other things to keep the sun/rain off my head?

$_35.JPG

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,834 ✭✭✭Alkers

Any ideas whether awnings are allowed in the camper van area?

Advertisement