Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airtricity door to door reps

Options
  • 12-10-2015 4:15pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 161 ✭✭

Did you boards members know Airtricity have a list of "do not call to" for their door to door reps and the reps have handheld device that tells them your house is on a "not to call to" database?

Do all companies that have door to door reps have these devices and such a list.I would like to get on the DNC list for all of them but i did not know about the handheld device and so thought if they had different reps in the future they would call again

I found out from a friend who had an issue with airtricity

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,457 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

The list isn't necessarily one that people are on because they asked to be listed. It could for example include existing Airtricity customers and houses which they know are rented and where the landlord is the registered customer so the tenants have no scope to deal with the various suppliers.

There is a scheme by which people can ask not to be cold-called on the phone, I'm not aware there is a similar scheme for door-to-door sales people. Having a large dog is probably the closest you'll find.

I had a knock on the door the other day from an American guy..... 'Hi, I'm with Bord Gais' says he. 'So am I' says I, 'for both gas and electricity' so off he went. Pity he didn't have a DNC list so he wouldn't be annoying BGE's existing customers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

If only it were as simple as registering yourself on a 'do not call' list...but it isnt. A big Dog is the only answer.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 161 ✭✭JonJones

Menas wrote: »
    If only it were as simple as registering yourself on a 'do not call' list...but it isnt. A big Dog is the only answer.
    I saw the email where airtricity say the have a dnc database and their reps have handheld devices that tell them a house is on it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

JonJones wrote: »
    I saw the email where airtricity say the have a dnc database and their reps have handheld devices that tell them a house is on it

Yes, they have a database. You don't ask to be added to their database. They use it to avoid calling to existing customers.

Yes, they have a database. You don't ask to be added to their database. They use it to avoid calling to existing customers.
    i don't care why they don't call here so long as they don't and they said in the email it can be used to opt out

• Advertisement

i don't care why they don't call here so long as they don't and they said in the email it can be used to opt out

Sorry, it was not clear what your issue was. Fine so, contact them and get on their list.

Apologies.

Sorry, it was not clear what your issue was. Fine so, contact them and get on their list.

Apologies.
    no problem . what i was wondering really was if all companes have this data base and handheld devices to tell them a house is a dnc. never heard of handheld devices for this before

no problem . what i was wondering really was if all companes have this data base and handheld devices to tell them a house is a dnc. never heard of handheld devices for this before

I can't speak for all but I know a couple of utility companies that definitely don't have such a thing.

Advertisement