Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tuning a remote to a tv

• 12-10-2015 6:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭

I have an old beko t.v. and a new remote that is supposed to work many types of tv.

My problem..... the tv has only 3 buttons, one to alternate between volume and program and the other two to press up and down.

How do I get this remote to work the tv???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Keplar240B

I have an old beko t.v. and a new remote that is supposed to work many types of tv.

My problem..... the tv has only 3 buttons, one to alternate between volume and program and the other two to press up and down.

How do I get this remote to work the tv???

I have an old beko as you describe
    It works at 38 khz Infrared frequency and requires a 3 digit hex code the first being a prefix of 8 for each key so 82B is mute
    For example

I know this as I have a project that decodes remotes at that freq

Do you have a specification or documentation for your remote ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Keplar240B wrote:
    Do you have a specification or documentation for your remote ?

Yeah but I can't do anything as there are no buttons working not even power button

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

You need to enter a code into the remote to get it to operate the tv.There should be a list of codes for the remote.

magentis wrote: »
    You need to enter a code into the remote to get it to operate the tv.There should be a list of codes for the remote.

Ah yes, there are a lot of 4 digit codes.

Is it going to be one of them specifically or if i just put them all in will it work?

Plz

• Advertisement
Advertisement