Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First shotgun Baikal MP-43

Options
  • 12-10-2015 6:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭

Well lads picked up my first shotgun this weekend.Baikal MP -43 E with auto safety and ejectors.Practiced on a few clays may practice on a few crows before season.One thing i hate is the plastic buttpad as the recoil isnt the lightest other than that really impressed with the gun.

Can any of ye reccomend a rubber recoil pad thats not to expensive on ebay or online that would fit nice so i dont have to shape it or even better if its possible to get a baikal rubber butt pad from other models that would fit my baikal. Thanks in advance,1shot16

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭cookimonster

That's a nice clean looking gun.
    Before you go off spending money, try to get someone to look at you shooting. It may be your technique that may need adjusting. If you get your mount or cheek weld wrong you'll know all about it with bruises. If you add a butt pad you'll lengthen the Length of Pull and may affect your handling on the other hand if the gun is too short this will improve it. A short stocked shot gun can be a bitch to shoot , especially in an English stock.
    From your posts your used to shooting air rifle and .22lr so it may just be a transition from no felt recoil to felt recoil.
    The sxs are designed for hunting and a day on the clays may be felt a bit more compared to a sporter or trap gun. Plus heavy hitting cartridges will give more recoil, so stick to 7.5 28g for clays and a 6 32g will see you right with feathered, game, 4-5 32g for rabbits.

Best of luck and safe shooting

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Congrats on the new gun. Been a long wait for ya.

If you cannot get sorted with a recoil pad drop me a PM. Have a box of spare ones here. Surely something will fit.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

most of the time recoil pads need to be fitted, its not a big job if you know someone that knows how to use a belt sander properly then all you need is some stock oil and sandpaper etc...
    it just takes time which can then equal an expense.. however as said you should have someone look to see that you are mounting the gun properly etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭1shot16

That's a nice clean looking gun.
    Before you go off spending money, try to get someone to look at you shooting. It may be your technique that may need adjusting. If you get your mount or cheek weld wrong you'll know all about it with bruises.From your posts your used to shooting air rifle and .22lr so it may just be a transition for not recoil to felt recoil.
    Plus heavy hitting cartridges will give me recoil, so stick to 7.5 28g for clays and a 6 32g will see you right with feathered.

Ye there is hardly a mark on her :D Ye i only have shot .22 air rifle and .22lr nothing with alot of recoil before!Id say i was shooting the thing arse way to be honest hahaYe got a slab of 7.5 28g eley olympic and 6 32g eley super game!
    Cass wrote: »
    Congrats on the new gun. Been a long wait for ya.

If you cannot get sorted with a recoil pad drop me a PM. Have a box of spare ones here. Surely something will fit.

Ye thanks it was a long painful experience haha got their in the end though :D Thanks might take up on that offer :)

Advertisement