Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Notifications not making sound when browsing?

• 12-10-2015 8:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭

Hi
    I've just returned to iOS after a few years.
    Have a 6 Plus now.
    Is it normal that when I'm browsing or using my phone, the notifications show up on top of my screen but don't make a sound?
    I have volume turned up full and I have Do not disturb disabled and the rocker switch is on right position.
    I'm on latest software.
    I've done a full restore and set it up as new device.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭deep1

iggy wrote: »
    Hi
    I've just returned to iOS after a few years.
    Have a 6 Plus now.
    Is it normal that when I'm browsing or using my phone, the notifications show up on top of my screen but don't make a sound?
    I have volume turned up full and I have Do not disturb disabled and the rocker switch is on right position.
    I'm on latest software.
    I've done a full restore and set it up as new device.

Known issue with iOS 9.0.2, been there since 9.0.
    I am using 9.1 beta 5 and it is much improved. Also not only browsing,notifications sounds were intermittent in general which seems to be fixed now.

Check ->
    http://forums.macrumors.com/threads/problem-with-notifications-in-ios9.1922752/

Advertisement