Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post Office Savings Account

• 12-10-2015 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

This may seem like a silly question, but are you able to put money into your post office account in any post office, not just your local one?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

You can lodge, and withdraw, from standard deposit accounts at any Post Office.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 RockDaddy

BuffyBot wrote: »
    You can lodge, and withdraw, from standard deposit accounts at any Post Office.

I just found my old An Post savings book cleaning out a filing cabinet. A very small amount in it!

I haven't used the account in 17 years!. Would this be deemed dormant an shut down or could I go and withdraw the money?

• Moderators Posts: 6,864 ✭✭✭Spocker

Yes, it's likely been classed as dormant at this stage; it's still your money though, so you should be able to withdraw it after presenting the book, proof of ID (Passport, Driving Licence) and proof of address, like a utility bill in your local post office. Once those details works its way through the system, about a week or so, you'll be able to withdraw the funds.

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/money_and_tax/personal_finance/financial_institutions/dormant_bank_accounts_in_ireland.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭JTMan

rm1996 wrote: »
    This may seem like a silly question, but are you able to put money into your post office account in any post office, not just your local one?

Yes with deposit accounts. Just be careful not to open a Smart Current Account. Reviews of this product are awful.

Advertisement