Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir does not care

Options
  • 12-10-2015 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

I need to express my disappointment with Eircom (Eir).  My parents have been customer's with your company for over 30 years.  Due to unforeseen circumstances their phone was cut off. Firstly let me explain why.  My mother developed dementia and as you can imagine she no longer has the ability to pay bills or understand them.  My father who is a heart patient took over paying the bills and has always paid above the amount required so his account would be in credit.  My father has been in hospital for that last 8 weeks and taking care of my parents has been a ordeal.  They live on their own and have no mobile.  Let me stress they are pensioners and are unable to use a mobile phone.  The phone was cut off because my father went into hospital and understandably the bill was not paid.
    This came to our attention when the phone was cut off.  I have no way of contacting my parents and neither do the home help, doctors or hospitals.
    I rang Eir today so see if anything can be done.
    I firstly spoke with Dave and gave a short explaination before i was placed on hold. The line dropped.  I called back again and had to explain my case again.  Its hard for me to even speak about such a horrible time in all our lifes.  I advised that they are long term customers, pensioners and feeble.  I had to speak to a supervisor Lorna who i must admit used to many rebuttals on the phone. I have never heard the word unfortantely used so many times in one call.  She advised that nothing can be done. I begged for the phone to be reconnected so I can contact my parents or if they became ill they could ring an ambulance or their family.  Again I was told unfortunaely we cannot help you.  One thing Lorna mentioned and this really made me annoyed - "it does not matter how long you are a customer or Eir weather you are with us for one year or twenty we treat everyone the same. I asked where is the loyalty? not with Eir I can assure you.
    Please if anyone reads this thread please understand I am contacting you out of concern.  We will pay the bill with our repayment plan but please reconnect their phone. They are your customers. I would appreciate a reply and a view on your thoughts of how you treat pensioners.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 CiaraB44

If possible can I please have an update

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭BreadnBuddha

CiaraB44 wrote: »
    I need to express my disappointment with Eircom (Eir).  My parents have been customer's with your company for over 30 years.  Due to unforeseen circumstances their phone was cut off. Firstly let me explain why.  My mother developed dementia and as you can imagine she no longer has the ability to pay bills or understand them.  My father who is a heart patient took over paying the bills and has always paid above the amount required so his account would be in credit.  My father has been in hospital for that last 8 weeks and taking care of my parents has been a ordeal.  They live on their own and have no mobile.  Let me stress they are pensioners and are unable to use a mobile phone.  The phone was cut off because my father went into hospital and understandably the bill was not paid.
    This came to our attention when the phone was cut off.  I have no way of contacting my parents and neither do the home help, doctors or hospitals.
    I firstly spoke with Dave and gave a short explaination before i was placed on hold. The line dropped.  I called back again and had to explain my case again.  Its hard for me to even speak about such a horrible time in all our lifes.  I advised that they are long term customers, pensioners and feeble.  I had to speak to a supervisor Lorna who i must admit used to many rebuttals on the phone. I have never heard the word unfortantely used so many times in one call.  She advised that nothing can be done. I begged for the phone to be reconnected so I can contact my parents or if they became ill they could ring an ambulance or their family.  Again I was told unfortunaely we cannot help you.  One thing Lorna mentioned and this really made me annoyed - "it does not matter how long you are a customer or Eir weather you are with us for one year or twenty we treat everyone the same. I asked where is the loyalty? not with Eir I can assure you.
    Please if anyone reads this thread please understand I am contacting you out of concern.  We will pay the bill with our repayment plan but please reconnect their phone. They are your customers. I would appreciate a reply and a view on your thoughts of how you treat pensioners.

Eir are a cold and heartless business, not a compassionate charitable organisation. 

They won't argue with you here either or make policy statements or comment on it.

Did you pay the bill?  If the bill hasn't been paid, they won't help.  You can bring the bill to the post office and pay it, then call them with the reference number.  They'll have you reconnected quite quickly then, but without the balance being settled and the reconnection charge paid, they'll be heartless.

Sorry for your troubles, but don't hold out any hope of them showing kindness.  It'll be lip service and no more than that.

Eir are a cold and heartless business, not a compassionate charitable organisation. 

They won't argue with you here either or make policy statements or comment on it.

Did you pay the bill?  If the bill hasn't been paid, they won't help.  You can bring the bill to the post office and pay it, then call them with the reference number.  They'll have you reconnected quite quickly then, but without the balance being settled and the reconnection charge paid, they'll be heartless.

Sorry for your troubles, but don't hold out any hope of them showing kindness.  It'll be lip service and no more than that.
    Hi BreadnBuddha, thanks for coming back to me. I totally agree with you.  I don't even think they will reply, the supervisor on the phone was not even able to empathise with my complaint either. I will keep trying though. Even if it is to spread the word about this company and the unfairness of service they provide. Thanks again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

If possible can I please have an update
    Hi CiaraB44, 

I'm very sorry to hear of the ongoing issues you are having. I understand this is frustrating considering everything else that is going on. 

Would you like to PM me your details and I'll look into this for you. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Thanks Tracey, I have sent you a PM.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Would have thought there'd have been data protection implications here. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Would have thought there'd have been data protection implications here. 
    Hi colm_mcm

We can assure you that all relevant data protection procedures will be followed.

Thanks
    AL

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Eir_Customer

Tracy

Did you have any luck using boards.ie?

I am in a similar position, looks like I am going to be cut off despite phone the care team, emailing for months old issues that Eir are just ignoring.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭davo2001

At the end of the day, if bills are not paid, the service will be cut, what you do expect a company to do? Offer a free service? While i understand its a a hard time for you OP, the reality is that you or your parents need to pay for a service that is being offered.

davo2001 wrote: »
    At the end of the day, if bills are not paid, the service will be cut, what you do expect a company to do? Offer a free service? While i understand its a a hard time for you OP, the reality is that you or your parents need to pay for a service that is being offered.
    Dave, I understand that and they always have paid for the service. I was only looking for a bit of compassion from a company that we have dealt with for over 30 years. Your response seems to me that you have no sense of reality. This is the real world.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭davo2001

Dave, I understand that and they always have paid for the service. I was only looking for a bit of compassion from a company that we have dealt with for over 30 years. Your response seems to me that you have no sense of reality. This is the real world.
    On the contrary, I am the one living in the real world, you on the other hand seem to think that since you have paid for a service in the past, that this entitles you to a free service in the future. Sorry buddy, the world doesn't work like this.

How many sob BS stories do you think these companies hear everyday as excuses for people not paying their bills? 

Sorry if the truth hurts.

On the contrary, I am the one living in the real world, you on the other hand seem to think that since you have paid for a service in the past, that this entitles you to a free service in the future. Sorry buddy, the world doesn't work like this.

How many sob BS stories do you think these companies hear everyday as excuses for people not paying their bills? 

These are two Old Age Pensioners who have always had their bill in credit.  Most companies put their customers first, and work with them to give them the best balance between service, and getting payment.  Most companies in a circumstance like this would contact the customer either by phone or by mail to let them know that their bill is in arrears.  To simply cut off two dependant, OAPs without any advance contact, notice or warning, and the same two OAPs who up to this point have been loyal, paying customers always in credit is more than harsh.  It does not tally well with how most companies operate, and it also puts my parents at risk without the use of a phone.  My point is not that they should get a paid service for free, but simply that the first action is not to disconnect them without any discussion or without any possibility of an alternative course of action.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

These are two Old Age Pensioners who have always had their bill in credit.  Most companies put their customers first, and work with them to give them the best balance between service, and getting payment.  Most companies in a circumstance like this would contact the customer either by phone or by mail to let them know that their bill is in arrears.  To simply cut off two dependant, OAPs without any advance contact, notice or warning, and the same two OAPs who up to this point have been loyal, paying customers always in credit is more than harsh.  It does not tally well with how most companies operate, and it also puts my parents at risk without the use of a phone.  My point is not that they should get a paid service for free, but simply that the first action is not to disconnect them without any discussion or without any possibility of an alternative course of action.
    Hello CiaraB44

I have sent you a private message clarifying eir accounts position on your query.

Thank you

Al

Advertisement