Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Building my first pc.

Options
  • 12-10-2015 9:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

I have finally after looking for the last month, decided on the parts I want to get.
    I know the prices roughly but wanted to know would any be willing to help me by finding the lowest possible price for these parts and then list the site. I don't want to sound lazy by asking for someone to look around for me but the only sites I know to look on are komplett and amazon. I have listed the parts below along with the cheapest price I could find.
    They are as follows:
    i5 4460 209euro
    GTX 960 2gb 215euro
    Western Digital Blue Cavier 1tb 65euro
    8 gb of ram ( you can choose make as long as its 2x4gb) 49euro
    Xfx 550w 80+ gold certified power supply. 87euro
    CiT goblin mesh case black/green. 31euro
    Best motherboard for the price of your choice.
    windows 8.1 119euro

please suggest other parts if you think they would be better as long as they are still in the same price range.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭beauf

a SSD is essential IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Jack kelly

I have considered it but I have a tight budget and if I got an ssd I might have to sacrifice the i5

"I know the prices roughly but wanted to know would any be willing to help me by finding the lowest possible price for these parts and then list the site."

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

The prices you're quoting are quite high and that's even taking into consideration the high delivery charge from Mindfactory.

Not sure why you'd insist on 2x4GB sticks of RAM. 8GB is currently a minimum which is being pushed against by newer games and they aren't going to go easier in the future. Better to get 1x8GB now and match it later when you need 16GB.

WZsgvdp.png
    +€30 shipping & ~€9 in PayPal fees = €620.

Wherever you found that case seems to be a good enough price, brings it a little over €650 for the hardware, +€119 for windows if you want to go the super-legit route = €770 which is €45 less than your proposed pricelist and includes an SSD.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭MRTULES

Nija

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Use skinflint.co.UK and set it to the German stores to find the lowest prices

• Advertisement

Thanks for all the help everyone really appreciate all.
    One last question , this may sound stupid but I don't have a clue how the windows keys work. I know you can buy them off sites like g2a but when booting the computer up for the first time do I have to have a old windows disk or...?

You can d/l a windows ISO from Microsoft and put it onto a USB drive, you just need the key to authenticate.

If I were to get a used window disk off a friend would that work and then all I would have to do is enter the key?

A new key, yeah. They'll recognize a reused key eventually if not immediately nowadays.
    Of course, the worst case scenario even then isn't too bad. Lack of wallpaper & and an infrequent nag message if you go that route, or that's what it is on my mates laptop anyway.

So just to clarify for the last time , If I buy a new key on g2a , put my friends disk in my computer and when it asks for the verification code I enter my new key it will work?

• Advertisement

It'll work, but knowing the likes of g2a the code MIGHT get found out later which can make reinstalls to new hardware a pain because Microsoft don't like their cheap keys selling to people they have deemed rich enough to pay in full.
    You don't need your friend's CD though, you can grab an ISO and burn it directly from Microsoft or make it into a bootable USB.

Advertisement