Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pleased with Eircom support...

Options
  • 12-10-2015 9:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

I live in West Cork. After a year with 100Mb fibre with Eir(com), never a problem, I got no connection on Saturday evening. Sunday still the same so I rang them, they said nothing could be done on a Sunday but to hold. Monday at 4pm a van shows up and the guy changes the socket in the wall. 
    Internet is back but very slow 10/0.1Mb, he says because they lowered my speed trying to 'sync' or whatever, and to ring support again to get full speed back.

So after he leaves I ring and they try to fix the speed issue. Long phone call ends inconclusively because speed is still slow but she said to wait a couple of hours and she'll ring back tomorrow. This evening at peak time I notice that indeed the speed is back to my usual "full" (60/70dl 15/20ul) and I was surprised that after dinner (9pm) the same lady calls me again asking how it goes.

I think this kind of support is very nice.

I have no relation with Eir just a customer, but I generally write about my shopping/support online experiences so here it goes.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Hungryhill wrote: »
    I live in West Cork. After a year with 100Mb fibre with Eir(com), never a problem, I got no connection on Saturday evening. Sunday still the same so I rang them, they said nothing could be done on a Sunday but to hold. Monday at 4pm a van shows up and the guy changes the socket in the wall. 
    Internet is back but very slow 10/0.1Mb, he says because they lowered my speed trying to 'sync' or whatever, and to ring support again to get full speed back.

So after he leaves I ring and they try to fix the speed issue. Long phone call ends inconclusively because speed is still slow but she said to wait a couple of hours and she'll ring back tomorrow. This evening at peak time I notice that indeed the speed is back to my usual "full" (60/70dl 15/20ul) and I was surprised that after dinner (9pm) the same lady calls me again asking how it goes.

I think this kind of support is very nice.

I have no relation with Eir just a customer, but I generally write about my shopping/support online experiences so here it goes.
    Hi Hungryhill, 

I'm delighted to hear this :-) 

Thanks for the positive feedback, I'll be sure to pass this on.

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Eir_Customer

Perhaps Eir should concentrate on the customers who are having everyday problems with your service.

It is quite antagonizing to see other customers getting a service while the rest of us have to resort to posting on these boards in an effort to get any service.

Lady calls back? this has to be a 1st

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

Perhaps Eir should concentrate on the customers who are having everyday problems with your service.

It is quite antagonizing to see other customers getting a service while the rest of us have to resort to posting on these boards in an effort to get any service.

Lady calls back? this has to be a 1st
    Hi Eir_Customer

We appreciate all feedback and also recognize positive feedback. I see you have another thread where you raised your issues and I will respond as soon as I can. Please note that there's a targeted 24 hr response timeframe here but I'll do my best to get back to you earlier than that.

Al

Advertisement