Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit Card Cancellation

Options
  • 12-10-2015 10:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭

Hi,

I would like to cancel a BOI credit card and close the account.

Should I write to my branch or is there a different protocol?

Please can you advise on the process I should follow.

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Good Morning Billy Davey, 

Thank you for getting in contact with us here on Boards.ie and we're sorry to lean of your request to close your credit card account. 

To discuss closure of your account please call our Credit Card services team on 0818 251 251 / +353 5677 57747 and a representative will be happy to assist you. Before closing your account you must ensure the following: 
    • The credit card balance must be cleared in full
    • Please cancel any third party direct debits/subscriptions directly with the retailer
    • The account must have a E30 (23 pounds if sterling card) credit balance to discharge the Government Stamp Duty charges, if the billing address is within the Republic of Ireland. 
    [*]

Once you have submitted your closure request please then, destroy your card. 

Just to mention, the Government stamp duty is collected each year on behalf of the Revenue and is applied in arrears of all credit card accounts. Should you require further information on this levy please see here

We hope this helps and we would like to thank you for your business to date. 

Thanks, 
    Elaine 

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Billy Davey

Thank you for your reply. I will ensure that there is a €30 credit balance to cover the stamp duty.

Is there a reason I need to phone that number? Can I just send a written instruction? Please can you provide me with the address?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi Billy Davey, 

Thanks for coming back to us. 

Of course, if you wish to send your closure request in writing you can either pop this into your nearest BOI branch or post it directly to the following address: 

Bank of Ireland 
    Account Closures Department, 
    Operations Centre, 
    Cabinteely, 
    Dublin 18.

We hope this helps and if you need anything else, please don't hesitate to post again. 

Thanks, 
    Elaine 

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Billy Davey

Thanks for your help Elaine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

Thanks for your help Elaine
    You're very welcome Billy Davey,

Get in touch with us again if you need anything else, thanks.

Nicola

• Advertisement
Advertisement