Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

do you like McDonald's?

• 12-10-2015 11:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭

I know not many people like McDonald's b/c of their quality of food but I think it's OK in fairness. Better than some places. So if you where to go to a McDonald's restaurant what would you order, and do or don't you like the food and why?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

I'd order a soft drink.

They've little to no vegetarian options, if I recall correctly, and I don't like their chips.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Their coffee is good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

I can take it or leave it, not to bothered at all, Altho the pic I saw doing the rounds on FB last week about the woman who ordered the chips in McD on Grafton Street has put me right of!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,454 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

I do enjoy their double cheeseburger but I don't exactly shout that from the rooftops.

Also, at only €2, its perfect for the frugal man on the go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

I don't really like anything there. It is just passing something hand to mouth. I find the other large chains consistently bad in the last few years too. None of them stand out quality wise, but I find McDonald particularly bad, and all that grease, on their measly cheese burgers. The burgers are never hot like they should be even if you customise them, they seem like they have been sitting around somewhere too long before they have had the cheese, salad, sauces etc put on them.

• Advertisement

Mr E wrote: »
    Their coffee is good.

It is better than Starbucks, but still not so good. Maybe if you like caffe filled with cream and syrups. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

McNuggets..... Oh god, so good...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

I like them. Not regularly, but now and then. I never understood the hate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,457 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I don't mind it at all. Would happily have it for a quick fix but I'd rarely go out of my way for it. I do think it gets a harder deal when it really shouldn't. It's cheap and fast food and people shouldn't really expect any more. If I want a filling fresh and super tasty burger I'll go somewhere else.

If you're eating a €2 burger, it's hardly going to fill you or be a staple of your diet but it does the trick and tides you over.

I'd usually order a double cheeseburger or one of their guest burgers (found the McMor burger quite nice actually the two times I had it).

I always ask for them with no pickle as it means they're made fresh (as in fresher then sitting on the tray for the last half hour).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I think the food is bland. Their ice cream sundaes are good though when they don't skimp on the sauce.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Buona Fortuna

Mr E wrote: »
    Their coffee is good.

It is and its almost a surprise, when you taste it.

Used to eat them all the time in the UK. It was convinient and a break from the madness that was the everyday grind.

Since moving back I've had a McD's twice in 8 years. Quite like their Sausage and Egg McMuffin though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

I think the food is bland. Their ice cream sundaes are good though when they don't skimp on the sauce.

Hehe - I remember having quite a laugh when I first saw their "Taste is a powerful thing" ad. I'm not sure if they realised that what they're saying is that there is taste out there, just not in their food? It seemed very self-deprecating to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,898 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

It is better than Starbucks, but still not so good. Maybe if you like caffe filled with cream and syrups.

It's better than a lot of the over-roasted crap out there that's being flogged for €2.60 a pop. If you work in an industrial area the nearest McDonald's is often the only option for an anyway decent coffee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,436 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I've a bit of a problem for sausage and egg mcmuffins. Its just as well they stop selling them that early.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Shenshen wrote: »
    Hehe - I remember having quite a laugh when I first saw their "Taste is a powerful thing" ad. I'm not sure if they realised that what they're saying is that there is taste out there, just not in their food? It seemed very self-deprecating to me.

Hate those ads so much and would go so far as to say they shouldn't be allowed on TV. Seriously, they have honey on their list of foods as people are making disgusted faces. What kind of message does that send to children?

As for McDonalds itself, I wouldn't set foot in the place to use the toilet. Bland, tasteless, sad food compensated with salt and ketchup to add flavour. Not to mention you'd be hungry again in an hour. I've never understood the logic behind how people think McDonalds saves you money either. You'll be snacking/eating again in no time, costing you more money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭Milly33

Think the place is fine never had a problem with it.. Actually wait there was the difference in the veggie options in different countries.. France used to have fab veggie selection. Think they do have a lot more than they used to have.. Used to love calling to get a cheeseburger happy meal with not meat patty in it.. mmmm yummiee.

Burgers are great.
    Chicken nuggets are great.
    Coffee is the tits nicest one you will get
    Chippies spot on, for skinny fries...

Went to burger king recently and well lets say it didn't end well, food was mank and well it didn't react well...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,431 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Not a fan at all and if there was a line of fast food outlets, McD's would be bottom of the pile for me. If I was pushed, a milkshake or an ice cream. Only fast food outlets I actually like are supermacs and small town Italian-type take aways where the regular burgers have fried onions in red sauce!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,647 ✭✭✭squonk

I'd prefer Supermacs but McD's isn't the worst provided you alter your expectations to suit where you're going. Big Mac and fries is pretty good to fill a void. It's nice as a treat. I haven't had a big mac in ages but I'll enjoy my next one whenever it'll be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Buona Fortuna

Remember our first trip to Paris (I think it had just been liberated), we were young and not so wordly wise. We were starving and in an unfamiliar place. There were loads of restaurants with inviting smells but menus all in French (who'd have thought), so we dived into a McD's.:o

A triumph of convenient, safe mediocrity over ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

L1011 wrote: »
    I've a bit of a problem for sausage and egg mcmuffins. Its just as well they stop selling them that early.

Ruining L1011's life in 3... 2... 1...

They aren't hard to make and taste just as good.

Just use pork mince and sage (very important) to make the patties.

Muffins from Marks & Spencer.

There are online tutorials on how to do the egg right.

Easy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭Milly33

Supermacs really, ohhh no they are like the worst of the worst...

The international M!!! Was laughing at the one in Disney where you get a scratch card and you might get like free drinks, coffee or shake..We used to just scratch them all and their faces at the counter were like ye just aren't getting this are ye... Still got the freebie

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

A couple of times and year I HAVE to have a Big Mac. Yummy. Sometimes of an evening if I fancy ice cream I'll go through the drive-thru near me and get a McFlurry or a sundae :)

Interestingly, someone I know who's having chemotherapy was told by the medical people to avoid takeaways as much as possible, but that if he had to have one then McDonalds had the best record for hygiene and so would be the least risky with a suppressed immune system.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,347 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Their jacks are generally quite clean. So, if I'm close to one, and need to go, then, yes. I like McDonald's. Jacks.

Thier 'food'? No. Not at all. I was stuck for hot food about two years ago at about 2 am, driving back from a gig, having given up all shyte 'food' about a year previously. Thought 'what harm, just this once', and stopped in to get a qpounder meal. Within ten minutes the farting started. The belly began to rumble, and at home I was straight up the stairs for a puke. Never again - I thought. Same situation happened a couple of months ago. Chanced it again, with the same result.

It seems, once you've gotten shyte food out of your diet, your body adjusts and simply won't tolerate it any more. I shudder to think what it does to the system of regular eaters...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

It's a guilty pleasure but if youre in a rush and on the go, yea.

The chips are amazing, dunk them good into the BBQ sauce (which is usually perked on the dashboard or passenger seat), followed closely by a nugget getting the same treatment.. lovely. Wash it all down with that spray soda drink they serve, 80% ice. Done n done.

Feel like **** after usually but hey that's the price for eating instant cardboard.

Still leagues better than Supermacs, BK, etc in my book.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Tilikum

Big Mac meal & a Big Mac!

Absolutely adore Big Macs. Not had a McDonald's in ages though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,273 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

I do enjoy 2 double cheeseburgers and 1x6 chicken nuggets when I can't be arsed making dinner. Rare occasion though and grand for €6.

No more sour tasting milkshakes too. They must have changed dairy supplier in the last few years. They used to be nasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Help!!!!

Having spent 20 years in London really put me off McDonalds the quality of food was absolute garbage. Food could be sitting for hours on shelves already cooked + the fact I could have a pint & a meal in a pub for roughly the same price meant I didn't need to go.
    Now that I'm back home I've found the food surprising nice, cooked fresh ( maybe its just the one in Kilkenny ) even my wife enjoys it & shes very fussy.
    I find SuperMacs ( again Kilkenny ) to be terrible, I don't want my burgers swimming in sauce

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

If ever a thread needed a poll!

NO btw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

It doesn't fill you up though :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Bacchus wrote: »
    Not to mention you'd be hungry again in an hour.
    I put this down to the simple fact that the portions are smaller than most places. That supersize me documentary was a joke, if you followed the same rules in almost any hotel in Ireland he would have been fatter, and if you followed the rules of it in mcdonalds here you would not be getting nearly as much food.

Some make out like there is some secret ingredient or something special about McDs that has them hungry again.

I often weigh takeaway food. In my local chinese a portion of chicken balls weighs the same as 44 chicken nuggets, you get a huge bag of chips, big curry sauce and chicken balls for 7.50. Most takeaways give ridiculous size portions. Eat 44 nuggets, 3-4 large McD's chips and about 15 curry sauces and see if you are hungry after an hour.

Small portions are one thing I like about them, you can get a passable double cheese burger for €2 and eat it in a nice seat with a selection of papers to read. Most chippers would be 2.50+ for a single cheeseburger.
    Bacchus wrote: »
    I've never understood the logic behind how people think McDonalds saves you money either.
    It can be relatively cheap if sticking to vouchers or eurosaver items. If you want ust 250-400kcal of food in many places it will cost a lot more. If you want 3000kcal it can be cheaper in other places.

Advertisement