Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

do you like McDonald's?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭VisibleGorilla

Their food tastes amazing and I have a hard time believing anyone wouldn't like the taste, they spend millions on food scientists so it tastes as good as it does.

That said it is not at all healthy and does not fill you up at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭dutopia

I like the breakfast sausage muffins, hash browns and coffee. Big Mac is nice enough but too small. Like the strawberry shake and ice-creams.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

rubadub wrote: »
    Some make out like there is some secret ingredient or something special about McDs that has them hungry again.

No secret ingredient IMO, just poor ingredients. Simple comparison. Which do you think will fill you more, a slice of white pan bread or a slice of wholegrain bread? The size is the same but the wholegrain slice will fill you much more.
    It can be relatively cheap if sticking to vouchers or eurosaver items. If you want ust 250-400kcal of food in many places it will cost a lot more. If you want 3000kcal it can be cheaper in other places.

kcal doesn't indicate satiety. McDonalds food (from my memory of it) does not satisfy hunger. Their product made with poor quality ingredients and it's just not very filling. So, while you can get a burger for €1, it's really a waste of €1 IMO. For such cheap prices too, what more can you expect but poor quality ingredients.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭svei

A couple of times and year I HAVE to have a Big Mac. Yummy. Sometimes of an evening if I fancy ice cream I'll go through the drive-thru near me and get a McFlurry or a sundae :)

Interestingly, someone I know who's having chemotherapy was told by the medical people to avoid takeaways as much as possible, but that if he had to have one then McDonalds had the best record for hygiene and so would be the least risky with a suppressed immune system.

My husband used to work in McDonald's as a teen (and my son works there part-time now) and he would always say that they are scrupulous about their hygiene. I would always choose McDonald's if I need to eat something quick. I've never had a dodgy tummy from it whilst I have had trouble from other fast food outlets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

Shenshen wrote: »
    I'd order a soft drink.

They've little to no vegetarian options, if I recall correctly, and I don't like their chips.

Womac is what my wife gets. basically a big mac with no meat :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

heroics wrote: »

What - just dry bread and brown lettuce, then? Not sold, sorry.

I got a bit curious and researched other McDonalds menus worldwide, some of them do have rather yummy sounding things on their menus - McFalafels, and McAloo Tikki burgers. But then I can't really see myself eating in a McDonalds if ever I visited India or Israel.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

heroics wrote: »

That's what I used to get well not a big mac but a cheeseburger with no meat patty in it.. You stuff if with chips them mmmmm she says while thinking Mcie D's for lunch

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭crazyman

Not a fan of McDonalds as I find their beef burgers too peppery and not nice. However on the rare occasion I am there I would get the Salsa Chicken Legend w/bacon.

I do have a soft spot for the XL Bacon Double Cheeseburger from Burger King which is very tasty. Don't get one too often but when the craving comes it hits the spot.

Stay away from the chips/fries in both.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,758 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Tilikum wrote: »
    Big Mac meal & a Big Mac!

Absolutely adore Big Macs. Not had a McDonald's in ages though.

I've never had a Big Mac.

People seem to think that's the maddest thing ever, for some reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭Stranger Danger

I often weigh takeaway food.

I often eat it.

Then I weigh myself.

Than I'll spend a couple of hours crying with shame.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I rarely have a McDonalds, I think I had it twice in the past five years. However both times I was really impressed with the freshness of the food. I think both times I had some kind of version of the chicken legends. Even the tomatoes and lettuce seemed super fresh.

I have never tried their coffee. I will be passing one tomorrow. I think I will grab a takeaway.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Bacchus wrote: »
    No secret ingredient IMO, just poor ingredients. Simple comparison. Which do you think will fill you more, a slice of white pan bread or a slice of wholegrain bread? The size is the same but the wholegrain slice will fill you much more.
    My point is that I do not think there is anything special about McDs food. Yet people make out like it is unusual, and usually only say it about McD

99% of the time I hear this "you feel hungry after an hour" about McDs, not BK, not KFC, not chippers or breakfast rolls or any other place selling low nutrition, poor ingredients junk which should be on a par with it. People will feel full on low quality food, if there is enough, which many takeaways do supply, like my 10 chicken balls being the same weight as 44 nuggets.

Surprised nobody has mentioned the story of the burgers and chips not going off.

My point is that I do not think there is anything special about McDs food. Yet people make out like it is unusual, and usually only say it about McD

99% of the time I hear this "you feel hungry after an hour" about McDs, not BK, not KFC, not chippers or breakfast rolls or any other place selling low nutrition, poor ingredients junk which should be on a par with it. People will feel full on low quality food, if there is enough, which many takeaways do supply, like my 10 chicken balls being the same weight as 44 nuggets.

Ok, I'd say the same thing about those other fast food places too... this thread was only about McDonalds so I didn't extend my opinion to the likes of BK, KFC, etc.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Dial Hard wrote: »

Mr. Dizzy only had his first Big Mac recently and really enjoyed it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

I've never had a Big Mac either. Would usually get something chicken based, or go to Supermacs.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 89 ✭✭MJI

No. their food is garbage, it might be fit for dogs but not human beings

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Bacchus wrote: »
    Ok, I'd say the same thing about those other fast food places too... this thread was only about McDonalds so I didn't extend my opinion to the likes of BK, KFC, etc.
    Far enough, but if this thread had been about KFC or breakfast rolls I doubt it would have been mentioned. As I said it is almost invariably singled out mcds for some odd reason -if one place is singled out and not just junk food.

I even googled hungry after burger king and get hits about feeling hungry after a big mac, none about BK.

This one tries to give some explanation about the big mac
    http://fox4kc.com/2015/09/25/infographic-claims-to-show-what-happens-in-first-hour-after-you-eat-a-big-mac/

Far enough, but if this thread had been about KFC or breakfast rolls I doubt it would have been mentioned.

We'll never know now ;)

McDonalds probably gets the brunt of that argument because they are the biggest of em all.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭HiGlo

McDonald’s coffee is good.

For me, what McDonalds is missing is a standard middle of the road burger… Like, the Hamburger is too basic. And their middle of the road burger is the Big Mac which is way too big for me.
    There’s a quarter pounder which is, again, a bit boring.

In comparison Burger King has the Whopper/jr whopper which is a proper burger in my opinion. Bun, meat, salads… The only McDonald’s burger with salad accompaniments is the Big Mac.

When I go to McDonalds I just get a hamburger, 6 chicken nuggets & a drink. I find their chips a bit hit and miss and not filling enough so the nuggets replace chips for me! Haha

Love McD's brekkie.... Sausage & egg McMuffin... yum...

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭murfilein

i want to say "no", but considering how often i go there to get a double cheeseburger or chicken burger from the euro-menu would contradict the "no"... so i'll be open: yes i like mcdonalds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭HiGlo

I've never had a Big Mac either...

Looks too big for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,311 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Their food tastes amazing and I have a hard time believing anyone wouldn't like the taste, they spend millions on food scientists so it tastes as good as it does.

Spend a while eating all fresh and non-processed and come back to me then about the taste! :D

Their r&d people don't spend those millions figuring out how to make the best tasting and most succulent meat pattie, or the breadiest tasting bread. Their task is to firstly make it taste non-offensive to the largest proportion of non-discerning palates, and secondly to make that process as automatable and reproducible as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭NOS3

L1011 wrote:
    I've a bit of a problem for sausage and egg mcmuffins. Its just as well they stop selling them that early.

In the U.S, They recently started doing all day breakfasts. Could catch on here. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Its okay. Nothing special I eat it now and then.

As mentioned €2 Double Cheeseburgers are handy when in a rush and need something.

Good snack between pubs :D

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭XplaygirlX

Mr E wrote:
    Their coffee is good.

Yep, there coffee is amazing OP, especially the lattes :)

messrs wrote:
    I can take it or leave it, not to bothered at all, Altho the pic I saw doing the rounds on FB last week about the woman who ordered the chips in McD on Grafton Street has put me right of!!

What pic? If theres a link can you send it, I have never seen it
    Thanks OP :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Purely for post-pub nosh... but I'd still prefer BK or any other fast food / kebab shop.

Can't fathom it sober.
    Just feel awful after it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

Mr E wrote:
    Their coffee is good.

Backhanded compliment of the year :-)

Tilikum wrote:
    Absolutely adore Big Macs.

Me too, I haven't had one in a while tho. Might get my fix tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

Sugary salty dogsh1t is what it is. Try taking the meat out of the 1/4lber and eat it alone. Good luck. The victory of convenience and marketing.

Advertisement