Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Raw 12/10/2015 *Spoilers*

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,755 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

while New Day are good, I still think they lost a bit of their edge by being pushed as faces first.
    they should have been heels first in place of Bo Dallas, who was completely wasted when they had him drop his streak against R ****ing Truth!

I think they are perfectly good and growing with (over) confidence by the week.

On Jerichos pod cast they noted they wanted to be heels from the off but Vince saw them as faces. Ah Vince.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

beakerjoe wrote: »
    While the angle may be over, I fear spiteful Vince will bury Rusev.

He might be the next Joke dancing Forgeiner if Vince has his way

Despite all of that though Rusev's talent shines through. The dude is fantastic and it's really, really pathetic to see him treated like he is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,234 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

This is pretty hit and miss but 2:11 made me laugh out loud...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

What country are you in watching it in Spanish, have you been in Mexico or something if you're going to be close enough to go to Los Angeles for Hell In A Cell?

Close enough to Mexico, yeah. There is a direct flight, quite cheap. I have friends in LA as well so an excuse to visit. Plus Undertaker, Lesnar, Hell in a Cell, should be a great spectacle live. Although admittedly if I was watching at home I wouldn't be mad to see them wrestle again.

I often wondered what it would be like to hear what the show is like from the Spanish announcers' perspective, and whether or not when the English speaking tables introduce them if they are doing the exact same thing only in Spanish, "Por supuesto junto a nosotros aquí en el ringside tenemos nuestros colegas que emiten en Inglés , Michael Cole , la lucha libre Dios JBL y el Salón de la Fama , El Rey , Jerry Lawler" or something to that effect.

They do their own commentary but then they also dub when people are doing promos; so they are kept very busy. When the cameras are on the English-speaking commentators they dub that as well. Poor lads never get a break. They dub everything in an excited, overly-dramatic way, like they don't try to copy the emotions of the people speaking which makes it quite funny. They use the word lucha a lot so obviously they aren't banned from using the Spanish word for wrestling. :D Can't imagine Vince being too happy with his "unique brand of sports entertainment/soap opera" being described as Lucha though.

The Spanish announce team are only introduced on PPVs but anyway everything you see on camera is the exact same, so the Spanish announce table aren't shown on Raw; and they show the English-speaking guys just when they are shown everywhere else, just being dubbed.

I was waiting for the Spanish announce table to break so I could hear their reaction. :D
    Not looking to poke holes in your above statement now, but is it as simple as just watching Raw for you and becoming interested in what's happening because you have watched it? I hear people saying all the time they aren't interested in what's happening, so they don't watch it. But if you are able to pick up interest in something again when you watch a bit of it.....it doesn't make sense to me. Anyway, I'm quite antisocial so I watch everything.

Depends if it's a good episode of Raw. I can't say anything last Monday made me get back into it again, other than the fact the four old legends are on next week, which isn't a good sign at all. So if it wasn't for that and the fact I am going to HIAC, I would have no interest at all; so no, I wouldn't say I am able to pick up interest again just like that.

RAWs are too long and a chore to watch, although I usually enjoy the PPVs when I watch them.

Me and a friend have a tradition of always watching the Rumble together again and every year at that point I get interested again because RAW becomes good, and usually I last for four or five months before coming bored again. The sad thing is that the reason I am interested in this period is because of all the old legends. But it's only because they are pushed and positioned as stars.

All the current guys that I like they have ruined. Seth Rollins was my favorite, and while I still enjoy his PPV matches, on RAW he's lost his last 19 matches or something so it's hard to take a guy seriously after that. He's been doing the same thing over and over on RAW since WrestleMania. Rusev was another favorite, so they broke him up from Lana and put him in boring midcard feuds. Owens, Ambrose and Cesaro are being positioned very much as mid-carders. Bray Wyatt has a great gimmick but these writers don't know how to make him interesting.

The weird thing is my favorite full-timer right now is John Cena, something I never thought I'd say. I'd be disappointed if he doesn't have a match at HIAC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,175 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Close enough to Mexico, yeah. There is a direct flight, quite cheap. I have friends in LA as well so an excuse to visit. Plus Undertaker, Lesnar, Hell in a Cell, should be a great spectacle live. Although admittedly if I was watching at home I wouldn't be mad to see them wrestle again.

They do their own commentary but then they also dub when people are doing promos; so they are kept very busy. When the cameras are on the English-speaking commentators they dub that as well. Poor lads never get a break. They dub everything in an excited, overly-dramatic way, like they don't try to copy the emotions of the people speaking which makes it quite funny. They use the word lucha a lot so obviously they aren't banned from using the Spanish word for wrestling. :D Can't imagine Vince being too happy with his "unique brand of sports entertainment/soap opera" being described as Lucha though.

The Spanish announce team are only introduced on PPVs but anyway everything you see on camera is the exact same, so the Spanish announce table aren't shown on Raw; and they show the English-speaking guys just when they are shown everywhere else, just being dubbed.

I was waiting for the Spanish announce table to break so I could hear their reaction. :D

Depends if it's a good episode of Raw. I can't say anything last Monday made me get back into it again, other than the fact the four old legends are on next week, which isn't a good sign at all. So if it wasn't for that and the fact I am going to HIAC, I would have no interest at all; so no, I wouldn't say I am able to pick up interest again just like that.

RAWs are too long and a chore to watch, although I usually enjoy the PPVs when I watch them.

Me and a friend have a tradition of always watching the Rumble together again and every year at that point I get interested again because RAW becomes good, and usually I last for four or five months before coming bored again. The sad thing is that the reason I am interested in this period is because of all the old legends. But it's only because they are pushed and positioned as stars.

All the current guys that I like they have ruined. Seth Rollins was my favorite, and while I still enjoy his PPV matches, on RAW he's lost his last 19 matches or something so it's hard to take a guy seriously after that. He's been doing the same thing over and over on RAW since WrestleMania. Rusev was another favorite, so they broke him up from Lana and put him in boring midcard feuds. Owens, Ambrose and Cesaro are being positioned very much as mid-carders. Bray Wyatt has a great gimmick but these writers don't know how to make him interesting.

The weird thing is my favorite full-timer right now is John Cena, something I never thought I'd say. I'd be disappointed if he doesn't have a match at HIAC.

Good post.

Nothing wrong with the Cena observation, he is the only guy on the roster that feels like a star and while I hate to say it, his matches do actually feel like PPV main events.

This is the problem when you are so obsessed with even stevens booking and your writers are ****e. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Exactly, Cena is the only one they really go out of their way to protect and always present as a star, and he feels like one. Well they at least try with Reigns but that's a whole other story.

They say all these things about Rollins being the big star and yeah they've given him a long run with the belt, but I think if they were serious about him they wouldn't book him to lose so much. He's lost 16 of his last 17 televised matches.

Advertisement