Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Yogurt Starter?

Options
  • 13-10-2015 12:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,269 ✭✭✭

I'm going to have a go at making my own yogurt. I know you can use a natural yogurt as a starter but I'm wondering what ones would you guys recommend? Can I, for instance use a tub of Aldi's Duneen natural yogurt or do I need something else? I know that the yogurt must be live so I'm a big unsure of what to start with.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

Get a natural youghurt you like the taste of and use that.
    The germs in the starter will make the rest taste similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

Get a natural youghurt you like the taste of and use that.
    The germs in the starter will make the rest taste similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭nualaonthewall

I use Aldi Duneen Greek style as my starter yoghurt. It's delicious and works well, either with a yogurt maker or just in the oven with the light on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Phantom99

I use the glenisk natural yoghurt tub - a very nice and thick yoghurt. It makes a nice yoghurt but I think I'll try adding milk powder next time to thicken it a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 9,269 ✭✭✭squonk

I used Glenisk myself in the end. The yogurt came out very nice. I also added some powdered milk too which helped with the thickness.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Phantom99

squonk wrote: »
    I used Glenisk myself in the end. The yogurt came out very nice. I also added some powdered milk too which helped with the thickness.

Where did you get the powdered milk? I've had trouble finding it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Phantom99 wrote: »

:D:D:D:D

00044989.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,712 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

Phantom99 wrote: »
    You'll usually find it in supermarkets near the tea and coffees. Milk marvel would be a well known brand, but i've been picking up the mega tubs of tesco dried milk

Advertisement