Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IFI Horrorthon 2015

Options
  • 13-10-2015 2:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭

This being the horror section, best place to discuss it! IFI's Horrorthon starts next Thursday (22nd Oct) and runs until Monday (26th). I made a playlist of almost every trailer for this year's Horrorthon, in order of their screening:

If it doesn't play one after the other, click here

FILMS THAT DON'T HAVE A TRAILER ON YOUTUBE:
    The Invitation "While attending a dinner party at his former home, a man thinks his ex-wife and her new husband have sinister intentions for their guests."
    Emelie "After their regular babysitter can't make it, the Thompson family turns to her friend Anna to supervise the children while they go out to celebrate their anniversary."
    Scherzo Diabolico "A bored accountant kidnaps his boss’ teenage daughter, but is unprepared for the brutal vengeance she seeks following her release from captivity."
    I included an interview, only thing on YT. Here's a (useless) clip from Vimeo
    Richard Standley Shorts Programme
    Short Film Showcase
    Surprise Film
    The Nesting Trailer embedded on this page. "Following the tragic death of his fiancée, heartbroken Jody retreats to an isolated farmhouse, in which he is plagued by supernatural occurrences suggesting her presence."

Which ones are you interested in?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Going through these trailers, these are the ones that stuck out to me:

Turbo Kid - 80s action movie throwback with gore (great fodder for last movie of the night)
    Last Girl Standing - story of a girl 'post-horror-film', she survived a massacre but the killer has come back for her
    Goodnight Mommy - mother has facial plastic surgery and her twin kids don't believe that's her under the bandages
    Deathgasm - NZ metal horror/comedy
    Worry Dolls - little wooden trinkets cause curse/voodoo/possession
    Nina Forever - horror comedy/drama: ghost of bloodied ex gf appears when ex-bf tries to sleep with new girl
    The Hallow - Home invasion by creatures, set in the woods
    JeruZalem - 2 american girls on holiday, gates of hell open
    Tales of Halloween - Anthology short horror films (10)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Turbo Kid is an awful lot of fun, Goodnight Mommy is not nearly as good as the trailer would lead one to believe.

Turbo Kid is an awful lot of fun, Goodnight Mommy is not nearly as good as the trailer would lead one to believe.

Woah those films are old? Or were they part of another film festival?

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Woah those films are old? Or were they part of another film festival?

TK was released on blu/dvd a couple of weeks ago, GM was viewed using other sources.

Cool bananas. Gotta pick up tickets! I wonder why Horrorthon is a week early this year. Halloween night is the friday afterwards :confused:

Have you heard anything about The Invitation, Emelie, Scherzo Diabolico or The Nesting? It's like pulling teeth trying to find information beyond the sparse IMDB page!

• Advertisement

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Cool bananas. Gotta pick up tickets! I wonder why Horrorthon is a week early this year. Halloween night is the friday afterwards :confused:

Have you heard anything about The Invitation, Emelie, Scherzo Diabolico or The Nesting? It's like pulling teeth trying to find information beyond the sparse IMDB page!

Its always run over the October Bank Holiday, it just happens to fall early this year, will prolly be the same next year then back to around actual Halloween the following year.

I wouldn't say the organisers are too unhappy though given that a lot of cinemas will likely be screening horror stuff Halloween weekend so having their event the weekend before maximises potential footfall.

Havnt heard anything of the above you mentioned either. The listings this year are massively underwhelming IMO so I've not put any effort into researching.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Arkaron

What was the surprise film?

The Witch.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Arkaron

Oh cool, any good?

Advertisement