Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

solicitor recommendations - car accident personal injuries

• 13-10-2015 9:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Was struck from behind recently. Injuries (soft tissue in my uneducated unqualified opinion) have not cleared up and physio/doctor bills will start mounting up soon. My passenger is the main worry for me, the injury(ies?) is (are?) interfering with work,sleep and leisure.

Can anyone recommend a solicitor to deal with - I found the insurance company incredibly adversarial to deal with in what should be a straighforward case.

I honestly have no idea what to do here. :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 919 ✭✭✭jbkenn

Hi all,
    Was struck from behind recently. Injuries (soft tissue in my uneducated unqualified opinion) have not cleared up and physio/doctor bills will start mounting up soon. My passenger is the main worry for me, the injury(ies?) is (are?) interfering with work,sleep and leisure.

Can anyone recommend a solicitor to deal with - I found the insurance company incredibly adversarial to deal with in what should be a straighforward case.

I honestly have no idea what to do here. :(

Highly recommend John Brooks
    Brooks & Company Solicitors  
    Address: Baldwin St, Mitchelstown, Co. Cork
    Phone *No numbers*
    No mess, no fuss, thoroughly efficient and effective.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭thebiglad

If you want to claim just go to PIAB - save yourself the legal fees or deduction from settlement, you will have to make a claim via PIAB anyhow.

Solicitor is not going to make your medical bills reduce or get them paid by the insurer any quicker.

If it is a straight forward rear end collision cannot understand why the insurer is giving you a hard time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

thebiglad wrote: »
    If it is a straight forward rear end collision cannot understand why the insurer is giving you a hard time.

I would have assumed I could just go to the PIAB and it was all going to be straight forward... until dealing with the pushy aggressive langer I got talking to in the the insurance company. Really negative experience with them, feel like they are trying to trip me up, would rather leave it to a professional.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 354 ✭✭apc

I would have assumed I could just go to the PIAB and it was all going to be straight forward... until dealing with the pushy aggressive langer I got talking to in the the insurance company. Really negative experience with them, feel like they are trying to trip me up, would rather leave it to a professional.

Why is your insurance company giving you so much grief if it a clear cut case of someone hitting you from behind. Get on to the person you are dealing with supervisor and report them. You are not claiming from them only through them, isnt going to cost them anything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

If your getting grief like that get a solicitor,a good one. Id recommend Ellen twoomey.80 o Connell street.
    She's very good at this kind of situation.
    Even if it's not this solicitor, definitely talk to one and see what they think of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

Any chance your insurance company covers sols fees if you were to make a claim after been in an accident?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 354 ✭✭apc

messrs wrote: »
    Any chance your insurance company covers sols fees if you were to make a claim after been in an accident?

Is their not some sort of legal costs cover included in your insurance as standard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

I'd recommend Mark Murphy on William Street! Have had great experience with him!

messrs wrote: »

Good point, the only time I take notice of that is to not tick that extra when it is offered as an extra if you get what I mean. Not sure what the story is with my current insurer, 123.ie who were very pleasant to deal with compared with the other crowd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

Good point, the only time I take notice of that is to not tick that extra when it is offered as an extra if you get what I mean. Not sure what the story is with my current insurer, 123.ie who were very pleasant to deal with compared with the other crowd.

My BF was insured through Britton Insurance, & I know when he was in a car crash his insurance covered his solicitor fees - but they picked what sol he used

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Kenny B

crazygeryy wrote: »
    If your getting grief like that get a solicitor,a good one. Id recommend Ellen twoomey.80 o Connell street.
    She's very good at this kind of situation.
    Even if it's not this solicitor, definitely talk to one and see what they think of it.

Twomeys - The best for something like this

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭pnpweirdo

Skuxx wrote: »
    I'd recommend Mark Murphy on William Street! Have had great experience with him!

Opposite, Ladbrokes on William st.

Thanks for the responses people, been up the walls here and haven't had a chance to follow these up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 604 ✭✭✭angeleyes

Would thoroughly recommend Lucy Collins - 55 O'Connell Street right next to the Limerick Leader office, extremely efficient, thorough and takes no nonsense.

Advertisement