Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newsstand on iOS9?

• 13-10-2015 9:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭

Just updated to iOS9. but cant seem to find nessstand. :confused: Has it been removed or renamed?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Annie_Oakes

Hi,

It was replaced by 'News' in iOS 9.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭shane1981

Strange, I've searched for News on my phone and gone through all the folders but theres no sign of it :confused:
    I assume that as an apple app , i couldn't have deleted it.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Annie_Oakes

Oh you're right, I just checked mine and I don't have news, I just remember hearing that it was going to change to News. Maybe they removed it for certain countries where there isn't much content available?

I only used Newstand for viewing a running magazine but ive paid for an annual subscription and I cant access it now. I ll get on to Apple about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,650 ✭✭✭squonk

When you upgrade to iOS 9 newstand is discontinued however all your magazines that lived in Newsstand are now in a folder on your main screen called Newsstand. If, for whatever reason, the folder wasn't created, you should still have your magazine app somewhere on your device. If it's not, then just download the app again and restore your purchases.

I thought Newsstand was quite a useful corner of iOS to hold magazines. While they were fundamentally apps, they weren't quite the same as regular apps either and I thought Newsstand served a purpose of categorising them in it's own launchboard. News is by no means a decent substitute from what I've seen. News seems to me to be merely another Flipboard type application which serves a purpose but is different from Newsstand. The death of Newsstand is one of the big things that annoys me about iOS9

• Advertisement

thanks squonk. I ll just redownload the magazine app.

Im on the apple support chat at the moment. They have asked me to change region settings to USA to bring up News. Dont think Ill bother.

Out of curiosity, I changed to USA region, did a hard reset and News appeared on home screen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,158 ✭✭✭shanec1928

its only in the us and the uk atm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

shanec1928 wrote: »
    its only in the us and the uk atm

US on 9.0.x, and UK on 9.1 beta I believe.

Advertisement