Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three repair attempts - mobile phone nerworks

Options
  • 13-10-2015 9:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭

As I'm sure we all know, mobile networks insist that they must be given three repair attempts on a faulty phone before they'll replace it.

This goes against the whole 'repair must be permanent' law, correct?

So how is it that these companies are still insisting on it, and haven't gotten in trouble with someone over it?

Is there anyone to report these companies to, when they do this to customers?

Just curious because I've seen it on numerous boards threads, and ended up buying a new phone twice when a phone company failed to repair my phone, failed to replace it when repair failed, and then sold me a second faulty phone and did the same again :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭crazyderk

I used to work in the phone industry, the rule used to be 1 repair attempt for 1 fault and if the same fault developed it would be swapped if a different fault appeared it would be sent off for repair and then if a different fault appeared again then it would be swapped.
    3 different faults for 3 different repairs was deemed acceptable I believe as each repair was permanent.
    Over time and turnover of staff this rule just became 3 repairs and that's it regardless if its the same fault.

I believe the best course of action is to let it be repaired once, if the same fault happens again you send a letter to the phone company asking for a replacement or refund and if they refuse you go to the small claims court.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Oh yeah, I know how to deal with the situation :) just wondering are there any regulatory bodies for this since it's so common.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭crazyderk

Oh yeah, I know how to deal with the situation :) just wondering are there any regulatory bodies for this since it's so common.

ComReg supposedly but I find they're useless

• Registered Users Posts: 69,038 ✭✭✭✭L1011

A threat to take Meteor to court over it got a phone replaced immediately. That was before they contracted out the running of the shops though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

crazyderk wrote: »
    ComReg supposedly but I find they're useless
    Competition and Consumer Protection Commission
    http://www.consumerhelp.ie/

• Advertisement
Advertisement