Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ireland Team Talk/Gossip/Rumour Thread V

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭S12b

Who is that between Heaslip and Toner??

?width=630&version=2574412

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

b.gud wrote: »
    CZ5Jm_SWYAA2x5l.jpg:large

Genius. Schmidt is teaching them to get into the shape of a rugby ball, and then slowly inch towards the opposition tryline. This will completely throw off Luke Charteris, as the only Welshman who can see the global formation from his height. He won't know whether to tackle the big ball or the small ball. Given that Charteris made so many tackles last year, you take him out of the picture, we'll walk them in.

Offloads me arse, this is the kind of invention and progressiveness that wins you test matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,666 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

S12b wrote: »

Curveball - they've drafted pro tennis star Andy Murray into the squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Who is that breaking formation? Is it Conor Murray?

Typical, ever since he signed that contract he's been rubbish

Who is that breaking formation? Is it Conor Murray?

Typical, ever since he signed that contract he's been rubbish

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

No idea. Murray Kinsella said on Twitter that Ian Fitzpatrick and Harrison Brewer trained with them but it doesn't look like either of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Do Munster, Ulster and Connacht Academy players ever get to train with Ireland? I'm not trying to make a provincial point but I do often hear of Academy players training with Ireland and they always seem to be Leinster players. I suspect it's just because Ireland spend the vast majority of their time in Dublin.

I assume the other academy players get a shot when Ireland train around the island?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,819 ✭✭✭b.gud

bilston wrote: »
    Do Munster, Ulster and Connacht Academy players ever get to train with Ireland? I'm not trying to make a provincial point but I do often hear of Academy players training with Ireland and they always seem to be Leinster players. I suspect it's just because Ireland spend the vast majority of their time in Dublin.

I assume the other academy players get a shot when Ireland train around the island?

When they did the open session in Galway the Connacht team including a few academy players were involved

That's just Heaslip's arse double getting ready to stand in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭aimee1

before the RWC ireland had camps in cork [i think], galway, dublin and belfast and there was guys from each province at the training sessions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

They do when Ireland train outside of Dublin. At the training camps in Limerick/Cork/Belfast etc the other provinces are used but as you say Ireland mainly based in Dublin so Leinster academy players will do it more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭The Pheasant2

That's Sean Coughlan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

dub_skav wrote: »
    Confirmation of what we always suspected. Even the pros get very excited about free gear.
    Apologies if posted before (probably many, many times)

:pac: :pac: :pac:

That's Sean Coughlan

Who's that?

Who's that?

A winger from the AIL, not an academy player as such.

I'd love to see the Ireland Clubs team play a Wolfhounds team btw!

Who's that?

A Blackrock back 3/backrow player; think he's playing AIL these days

Madigan playing for Leinster to get game time or because Jackson's got the 22 jersey?

Madigan playing for Leinster to get game time or because Jackson's got the 22 jersey?

Ross Byrne is injured, so likely it's more out of necessity than any reflection on Irish selection.

Ross Byrne is injured, so likely it's more out of necessity than any reflection on Irish selection.

Isa too, who I suppose could have played 10.

A winger from the AIL, not an academy player as such.

I'd love to see the Ireland Clubs team play a Wolfhounds team btw!

How does an AIL player end up in an Ireland training session ahead of all the Leinster academy lads??

• Advertisement

How does an AIL player end up in an Ireland training session ahead of all the Leinster academy lads??

He was walking past the Aviva and had his boots with him? Could be anything really

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Sub academy member perhaps and some academy players maybe unavailable??? He is in the irish club international XV for 2nd year in a row. Not "just" an AIL player

He was named in the Ireland Club side this past week or so. Maybe one of the coaches recommended him?

On the topic of height we were discussing yesterday, here's Olding and BOD in the one pic.

RWC2023_Kingspan_rdax_80.jpg

double post

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,813 ✭✭✭CMOTDibbler

double post
    NSQJee5O.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

In other news, Tommy Bowe is taller than Henderson!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

NSQJee5O.jpg

BOD infront of Olding shows how small he really is.

How he made it as a world class centre when only 5'5" will always be a wonder.

He was named in the Ireland Club side this past week or so. Maybe one of the coaches recommended him?

Peter Smyth would've been his coach at schools level

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Harry FM

I heard off the 42 that Joe ran with this team yesterday
    1-McGrath
    2-Best
    3-White
    4-McCarthy
    5-Ryan
    6-O'Brien
    7-van der Flier
    8-Stander

9-Murray
    10-Jackson
    11-D.Kearney
    12-McCloskey
    13-Payne
    14-Trimble
    15-Zebo

I get the sense that sexton wasn't there because he's still carrying the knock from the wasps match and Henshaw is obviously playing for Connacht this weekend but why were toner, Heaslip and R.Kearney all in bibs? Fitzgerald is now a doubt for the Wales match too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Pink Fairy

I would think that 5-6 of those players haven't a hope of starting bar a massive injury crisis?

Harry FM wrote: »
    I heard off the 42 that Joe ran with this team yesterday
    1-McGrath
    2-Best
    3-White
    4-McCarthy
    5-Ryan
    6-O'Brien
    7-van der Flier
    8-Stander

9-Murray
    10-Jackson
    11-D.Kearney
    12-McCloskey
    13-Payne
    14-Trimble
    15-Zebo

I get the sense that sexton wasn't there because he's still carrying the knock from the wasps match and Henshaw is obviously playing for Connacht this weekend but why were toner, Heaslip and R.Kearney all in bibs? Fitzgerald is now a doubt for the Wales match too.

Because thats not really the 'team' and they were being rested for various reasons. White, VdF, and Zeebs have no chance of starting, though Z might be a bench option now if Fitz is really out.

Otherwise they all are either starting, or have hopes of starting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Because thats not really the 'team' and they were being rested for various reasons. White, VdF, and Zeebs have no chance of starting, though Z might be a bench option now if Fitz is really out.

With Moore injured and Ross not fit yet, White is probably next in line for the 3 jersey. Agree on VDF and Zebo.

What is the word on Ross ?
    Would expect Joe to go with him if passable fit at all.

What is the word on Ross ?
    Would expect Joe to go with him if passable fit at all.

Not due back until this week or next

• Advertisement

aimee1 wrote: »
    Not due back until this week or next

Dodgy so. Probably still have to bench though. Worrying.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 41 Civil Joe

It's time to start transitioning from Heaslip and R Kearney and build for the future.

Civil Joe wrote: »
    It's time to start transitioning from Heaslip and R Kearney and build for the future.

Almost, but not quite. Thats what the spring tour and AIs are for. We have a 6N Grand Slam to win first with Heaslip and Rob integral to that success.
    I could see Rob slipping off his nailed on position in 6N 2017 alright.

I find it really bizarre that Henshaw was released. He would be a nailed on starter at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

I find it really bizarre that Henshaw was released. He would be a nailed on starter at this stage.

Getting game time with Connacht. Nothing else.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 41 Civil Joe

Almost, but not quite. Thats what the spring tour and AIs are for. We have a 6N Grand Slam to win first with Heaslip and Rob integral to that success.
    I could see Rob slipping off his nailed on position in 6N 2017 alright.

Payne should be 15. R Kearney has done v little in the past season and a half

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 27,350 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

See nothing wrong with going with Furlong and White.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Harry FM

[/QUOTE]

Otherwise they all are either starting, or have hopes of starting.[/quote]
    Add your reply here.
    I know it's probably not the team he'll go with, I expect Heaslip, Toner and R.Kearney all to start. It's interesting though, do you think Joe could have future plans for O'Brien at 6?

Similarly, Payne.

It is a position crying out for one of the young Turks to seize. But for the moment, Rob's the man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

Ross will absolutely 100% not be involved next weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Because thats not really the 'team' and they were being rested for various reasons. White... have no chance of starting, though Z might be a bench option now if Fitz is really out.

:confused:

He was our second choice all throughout the world cup and the player in front of him has since been injured. Moore is also injured. Why on earth would he have no chance of starting?

Bazzo wrote: »
    :confused:

He was our second choice all throughout the world cup and the player in front of him has since been injured. Moore is also injured. Why on earth would he have no chance of starting?

I was unaware Ross was a non starter and presumed he would be playing his customary 60 minutes. Sure, White is right in it then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,076 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Only just read about Luke getting injured yeserday. Just when he seemed to be putting together a good run injury free. Hope it isn't serious.

He has only played 1 game (against a Russian club side) since November....couldn't send him into the 6 Nations against Roberts and Davies that cold!!

A good hard game against the Scarlets will do infinitely more for him than a few days training in Carton House.

won a 6n, played in a RWC and part of a Leinster side who took Toulon all the way to extra time in ERCC semi final. Hardly nothing

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement