Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ireland Team Talk/Gossip/Rumour Thread V

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Will be watching Furlong & White, Stander and Henshaw and thinking that we'll need big games out of each of them to do well here.

TOD aswell - our only natural 7 vs 2 natural 7s in Warburton and Tipuric is gonna be key

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭Mahatma Geansai

Wales' pack is a serious group. AWJ is POC with hair and a Welsh accent, and he's going to be licking his lips at the thought of jumping v a heavy back row and an ageing McCarthy.

I think you're being a little generous to AWJ. He has about 3 hairs left on the top of his head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,998 ✭✭✭leakyboots

AWJ is a class act, as a player and a man. There was some match recently and he was protesting against the ref at binning one of the opposition players, felt there was nothing in it (can't remember was it a late tackle or handbags).

Him and Tipuric could cause mayhem, tough job keep them under wraps

AWJ is a class act, as a player and a man. There was some match recently and he was protesting against the ref at binning one of the opposition players, felt there was nothing in it (can't remember was it a late tackle or handbags).

• Registered Users Posts: 24,767 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Podge_irl wrote: »
    Meh, he's not wrong. It's a rubbish international second row.

It's not great I know, but then that wasn't the point of my post. He has become a parody of himself regardless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

If we could sign one international player for Ireland, I'd pick AWJ. He's phenomenonal.

leakyboots wrote: »

It was Ospreys Leinster and it was a near tip tackle.

It was also Dan Biggar I am fairly certain who said it. He always does this sort of thing, seems to be part of who he is being the biggar man.

ooooooh... see what I did there, :cool::cool::cool:

I think you're being a little generous to AWJ. He has about 3 hairs left on the top of his head.

Different AWJ?
    http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2016/jan/19/alun-wyn-jones-resigns-dual-contract-ospreys-wales-rugby-union

Plenty of stuff left up there! I know plenty of people who'd give a lot for that much coverage and still don't consider themselves bald :pac:

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Different AWJ?
    http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2016/jan/19/alun-wyn-jones-resigns-dual-contract-ospreys-wales-rugby-union

Plenty of stuff left up there! I know plenty of people who'd give a lot for that much coverage and still don't consider themselves bald :pac:

Alun-Wyn-Jones3.jpg

Looking a wee bit thin indeed emmet.

• Advertisement

If we could sign one international player for Ireland, I'd pick AWJ. He's phenomenonal.

He'd fit right in !!

RUGBYU-Lions-081021zz76.jpg

awec wrote: »
    Alun-Wyn-Jones3.jpg

Looking a wee bit thin indeed emmet.

That's in bad lighting conditions, anyone would look crap there :pac:

That's in bad lighting conditions, anyone would look crap there :pac:

I reckon he'd look more beastly if he just did a POC and took a mach 3 to it.

At least we know now though, given your strong response to this, that you are a balding man.

It was Ospreys Leinster and it was a near tip tackle.

It was also Dan Biggar I am fairly certain who said it. He always does this sort of thing, seems to be part of who he is being the biggar man.

ooooooh... see what I did there, :cool::cool::cool:

No, it was definitely AWJ and it wasn't against Leinster.

Found it - http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/classy-act-sportsmanship-left-rugby-10744386

awec wrote: »
    At least we know now though, given your strong response to this, that you are a balding man.

<
    Pretty accurate image of me tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 4,817 ✭✭✭b.gud

This pic from todays training would seem to indicate that Kearney and SOB will indeed miss out

INPHO_01013476.jpg

• Advertisement

SOB looks about as happy as a bullock facing castration

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Pink Fairy

Neil3030 wrote: »
    Housemate's cat just full on ran head first into my bedroom door. Guess you need to have seen it but was bloody hillarious.

(Trying to lighten the mood around here :( )

Is it following the return to play concussion rules?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,813 ✭✭✭CMOTDibbler

As Seanie would no doubt tell you, a bullock has already been there, done that and worn the teeshirt ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 27,325 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

A bullock is already castrated by definition is it not?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,817 ✭✭✭b.gud

oooh emmet just got burned by his lack of livestock knowledge

2600506-2041811479-tumbl.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Scythica

b.gud wrote: »

This just made me burst out laughing in the office, spraying tea everywhere and now everybody knows I've not been working on that report I promised..

http://www.stjames.ie/Departments/WardsA-Z/B/BurnsUnit/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

Surely Rob being out would have made the McCloskey selection automatic, with Payne moving to 15 ? Whatever about the Payne v Rob debate, putting Zeebs there gives me the creeps and think our chances have sunk like a stone if its true. I'd have Payne there first, Henchie there second, Dave there third, and a toss-up between Earslie and Zebo then.
    I was optimistic about this 6N. Serious chance of G Slam, with this Wales game the most crucial one. But now.....
    Christ on a bike, Joe, what are you doing ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭aimee1

Surely Rob being out would have made the McCloskey selection automatic, with Payne moving to 15 ? Whatever about the Payne v Rob debate, putting Zeebs there gives me the creeps and think our chances have sunk like a stone if its true. I'd have Payne there first, Henchie there second, Dave there third, and a toss-up between Earslie and Zebo then.
    I was optimistic about this 6N. Serious chance of G Slam, with this Wales game the most crucial one. But now.....

RK out, so full back cover steps in so not to cause more disruption in the team.

I'd move Henshaw to 15 before I'd move Payne there. Payne at 13 is critical considering who we are up against.

aimee1 wrote: »
    RK out, so full back cover steps in so not to cause more disruption in the team.

Agree, that is a valid aim, but within reason. Not when it sinks the whole ship. Of all the selections that might have been possible, agreeing with them or not, I did not see this one coming, and it is the most depressing one possible. Pfecking hell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Just to provide an update on Ralph (the cat), he appears to be chasing some sort of imaginary creature up the wall of the kitchen island. This may look bleak from a return-to-play perspective, but as any good clinician will tell you, a good assessment needs to compare to baseline, and Ralph's behaviour over the years is perfectly within this band of abnormality. So I am confident that he will be available for selection next week.

Just to provide an update on Ralph (the cat), he appears to be chasing some sort of imaginary creature up the wall of the kitchen island. This may look bleak from a return-to-play perspective, but as any good clinician will tell you, a good assessment needs to compare to baseline, and Ralph's behaviour over the years is perfectly within this band of abnormality. So I am confident that he will be available for selection next week.

Hopefully thats true. Jeepers, we need something. Squad starting to look seriously injury depleted all of a sudden when it had looked like our strength in depth was decent for once.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭budhabob

Most relevant and entertaining post i've read on here in a long time - bravo.

Honestly I think this is some kind of double speak just as an excuse for why he has been left out this week. He is clearly the form cat in Ireland so far this year.

Typical conservatism.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,616 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Beginning to fear we're gonna get mullered tbh.

Honestly I think this is some kind of double speak just as an excuse for why he has been left out this week. He is clearly the form cat in Ireland so far this year.

Typical conservatism.

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

errlloyd wrote: »

maxresdefault.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

errlloyd wrote: »

We'll have none of this talk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

As Seanie would no doubt tell you, a bullock has already been there, done that and worn the teeshirt ;)

Let's play a game called 'spot the boggers'...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Johann plays for Germany anyway

I'm in emmets camp here, didn't know there was a difference.

Teferi wrote: »
    Let's play a game called 'spot the boggers'...

This is the game played by entrepreneurial inner-city riff-raff on Henry St. on the 8th of December each year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,813 ✭✭✭CMOTDibbler

Agree, that is a valid aim, but within reason. Not when it sinks the whole ship. Of all the selections that might have been possible, agreeing with them or not, I did not see this one coming, and it is the most depressing one possible. Pfecking hell.
    You're usually pretty good with the bizarre wind-up posts, so I'm kinda walking around this one and poking it with a stick to see if it will bite...

That said, not sure why this is causing you so much angst. It makes perfect sense to me. If we're depending on our full back to get us out of trouble, we're alreday in deep doo-doo. Much better to be cutting them off at the pass imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,458 ✭✭✭kuang1

Is the press conference live online? If so could anyone provide a linky link please?

It is scheduled for 2.00?

I steer well clear of both tbh

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

I would imagine if Kearney had been a long term injury and ruled out weeks ago Schmidt may have looked at changing things up, especially with McCloskey looking like a viable option in thr centre.
    With it seemingly being a last minute thing it's not surprising that he'd take the option that causes least disruption.

I'm not overly confident with the choice but I am not at all surprised by it.

If Kearney Senior is indeed out, to quote Mses Beckham (née Adams), Brown, Bunton, Chisholm and Halliwell - I'll tell you what I want, what I really, really want:

15 Henshaw
    13 Payne
    12 McCloskey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

kuang1 wrote: »
    Is the press conference live online? If so could anyone provide a linky link please?

It is scheduled for 2.00?

http://www.irishrugby.ie/news/36834.php#.VrSe5zaLRTY

1:45

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

I steer well clear of both tbh

I see what you did.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

Must be a serious contender for Lions captain in NZ..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

Yes but can Ralph play second row or blindside like the world class POC and POM?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,817 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Quint2010 wrote: »

Well if Gatty gets the job it will surely be Sam Warburton again...but yes I agree...I'm a huge fan of AWJ's. Best second row in Europe and a class act.

Quint2010 wrote: »

I'm not sure about AWJ as a captain. He doesn't do much promotional work with the media and just doesn't strike me personally as a leader on the pitch, doesn't talk enough and no one seems afraid of him like they would with someone like the legendary POC. A lot of people seem to just dislike him and he doesn't come across well in interviews, media often have a go at him too.

I'd say the next Lions tour will be either POM or Stander to captain as both are comfortably better than anyone else in their positions so are guaranteed to start.

:pac:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement