Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ireland Team Talk/Gossip/Rumour Thread V

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,076 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Neil3030 wrote: »
    Just to provide an update on Ralph (the cat), he appears to be chasing some sort of imaginary creature up the wall of the kitchen island. This may look bleak from a return-to-play perspective, but as any good clinician will tell you, a good assessment needs to compare to baseline, and Ralph's behaviour over the years is perfectly within this band of abnormality. So I am confident that he will be available for selection next week.

Could he play 15?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Quint2010 wrote: »
    Yes but can Ralph play second row or blindside like the world class POC and POM?

Well for obvious taxonomical reasons he lacks a bit of 'dawg', but he has a solid leap on him fairness (though where he will land, not even he knows most of the time).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

I'd say the next Lions tour will be either POM or Stander to captain as both are comfortably better than anyone else in their positions so are guaranteed to start.

:pac:

But with Heaslip nailed on at 8, they can't both start at 6.
    Stander to 7? :D

Edit: Actually, I remember the proclamation when POM came on the scene for Ireland that we finally had an out and out 7 to add balance to the backrow.
    So, he can slide over to 7.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,813 ✭✭✭CMOTDibbler

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

vienne86 wrote: »
    Could he play 15?

As some posters have alluded to, he is very much full back in the Rob Kearney mould (evidenced by him running into a solid oak door this morning).

If I don't see any of you until 3 on Sunday, have a nice weekend!

McGrath
    Best
    White
    McCarthy
    Toner
    Stander
    O'Donnell
    Heaslip

Murray
    Sexton
    Earls
    Henshaw
    Payne
    Trimble
    Zebo

Cronin
    Cronin
    Furlong
    Ryan
    Ruddock
    Marmion
    Madigan
    Dreamboat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭aimee1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Marmion. Finally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

Be the hokey. Marmion finally gets his call up.

Otherwise, it's as expected/leaked.

• Advertisement

Be the hokey. Marmion finally gets his call up.

Otherwise, it's as expected/leaked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭Thanos

great to see Marmion on the bench

CacmkcrUYAA5380.jpg:large

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

Bugger.

Joe says Marmion got the nod because he has a Twitter account and Reddan doesn't.

Tough but fair.

Marmion. Finally.

Delighted for him.

White at TH. And McCarthy in the row - form guy. Hope he settles in to international rugby after two year gap which largely resulted from Ian Evans doing a dance on his head.

I don't get Z at 15.

Press conference ****ed?

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

IRFU have screwed up the online video feed I think.

Joe says Marmion got the nod because he has a Twitter account and Reddan doesn't.

Tough but fair.

And because Boss's twitter handle is too stupid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Tomtom364

is that all the munster men in squad involved?

So since everyone has got their outrage in early we should expect to see some peace descend on this thread?

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Scythica

Ruddock more likely to come on for TOD or CJ? (Fantasy team discussion)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 287 ✭✭MLC61

Again the attention is on the bench. Why?

To date, my mantra has been "in Joe we trust". He hasn't done anything yet to change that. But I have a hollow feeling.

Average backrow against a world class.

Iffy back 3 (to be kind).

If Sexton goes off before half time, its close the eyes time.

vienne86 wrote: »

I don't get Z at 15.

Flaming-Z-compressed1-1400x972.jpg

awec wrote: »
    IRFU have screwed up the online video feed I think.

Seems so. Pity - would like to have heard what Joe has to say.

• Advertisement

dub_skav wrote: »
    Flaming-Z-compressed1-1400x972.jpg

They are generally the angles he runs with ball in hand all right.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Well it's unlikely looking at that team we will be playing a kick chase game.

MLC61 wrote: »
    Again the attention is on the bench. Why?

To date, my mantra has been "in Joe we trust". He hasn't done anything yet to change that. But I have a hollow feeling.

Average backrow against a world class.

Iffy back 3 (to be kind).

If Sexton goes off before half time, its close the eyes time.

Why not? It's a 23 man game

Scythica wrote: »
    Ruddock more likely to come on for TOD or CJ? (Fantasy team discussion)

Heaslip usually goes the 80 so most likely would be one of then to go at 60.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,458 ✭✭✭kuang1

PTH2009 come out come out wherever you are...

We're goosed.

• Advertisement

A long time since we only saw 5 Leinster guys in the XV. 5 Munster, 3 Ulster, 2 Connacht.

That's a spread that should keep everyone happy. Right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

It's election time Buer. It's the season for unsubstantiated numbers.

I say this every time. F*cking twitter handles! :rolleyes:

Also: Strauss should be on the bench ahead of Cronin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭Mahatma Geansai

Delighted to see Marmionn finally given a shot. Reddan and Boss needed to be phased out. Great opportunity for him and against the country where he was raised too.

My opinions about the rest of the team are well stated over the last few days. Saying them again now will only result in another stream of personal abuse and bullying anyway, which I would rather avoid.

It'll be a huge task, but hopefully we put on a good performance and get the win.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

stephen_n wrote: »
    Well it's unlikely looking at that team we will be playing a kick chase game.

I reckon we'll still see a fair bit. Trimble and Earls are both very strong chasers and the Welsh back three isn't anything too special.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,899 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

A long time since we only saw 5 Leinster guys in the XV. 5 Munster, 3 Ulster, 2 Connacht.

That's a spread that should keep everyone happy. Right?

Doesn't mean anything I only see Green when Ireland play

in fairness there would be at least 4 more Leinster players but for injury

I think it is good that they have been replaced by people first choice for their club and have good game time

Tomtom364 wrote: »
    is that all the munster men in squad involved?
    Eight by my count. More than one third. Is that a record in the last few years?

We have zero problems with our wingers at least. Earls and Trimble could be first choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,225 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

That back line looks rather tasty. If they get any sort of quick ball then they could do some damage. Unfortunately that's rather unlikely as the tight five looks a bit dodgy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Utah_Saint

Pity they didn't give us Big Mc back if they knew he wasn't involved

• Advertisement

Zzippy wrote: »
    I say this every time. F*cking twitter handles! :rolleyes:
    And every time you fail to realise that that's only on the twitter announcement. :pac:

Delighted to see Marmionn finally given a shot. Reddan and Boss needed to be phased out. Great opportunity for him and against the country where he was raised too.

My opinions about the rest of the team are well stated over the last few days. Saying them again now will only result in another stream of personal abuse and bullying anyway, which I would rather avoid.

It'll be a huge task, but hopefully we put on a good performance and get the win.

so who would you have picked? We have 10 guys injured, POC retired so its not like we are picking this team from a full deck.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

aimee1 wrote: »
    so who would you have picked? We have 10 guys injured, POC retired so its not like we are picking this team from a full deck.

Peter Clohessy at loose head for a start...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 27,325 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Teferi wrote: »
    Let's play a game called 'spot the boggers'...

Whoa whoa whoa! I'm a proper Dub thank you very much.

Alas my mother...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Not sure how that front row will stand up. Second row lacks a bit of dog. TOD is a bit meh and Zeebs doesn't fill me with confidence at the moment.

Delighted for Stander and great to see Marmion on the bench. I'm excited to see what Ryan does off the bench, the big angry head on him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

aimee1 wrote: »

I asked him this yesterday and he didn't reply so don't expect him to tell you.

Teferi wrote: »
    I asked him this yesterday and he didn't reply so don't expect him to tell you.

realistically this is about as strong a side as possible we can put out on sunday allowing for the current injuries and retirement of POC. I also asked yesterday but got no reply either

Utah_Saint wrote: »
    Pity they didn't give us Big Mc back if they knew he wasn't involved

The rumour is that McCloskey has been released and will be benching for Ulster tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭captbarnacles

Wales have come in by .06 on betfair since the squad announcement. The market has spoken.

• Advertisement

Wales have come in by .06 on betfair since the squad announcement. The market has spoken.

They are evens now on PP.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement