Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ireland Team Talk/Gossip/Rumour Thread V

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,767 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Zzippy wrote: »
    Absolutely they are rumours, but they have been printed in the paper of record, so they probably have some basis, and are worth discussing here.

My point about Henshaw stands. I'm all for players being moved by the union to develop them best for the national team, provided we are not unduly weakening provinces by doing so. Whether a player wants a move or not appears to be irrelevant to Nucifora, going on the Ah You and Madigan rumours. So why should Henshaw move to Leinster just because he apparently wants to, if it is not going to develop him better than he is developing at Connacht, with better coaching, and in the process weakening a province by removing a star player?

Well for starters the idea that Moore would be moving to Connacht alone is ridiculous, and for me is enough to call a lot of this stuff into question. But either way while there's no harm discussing it there's precious little point in getting worked up over it. Even if it is true I don't think there is any way in a single season to do the good work for the national side without damaging in some way(s) provincial sides. Varying contract end dates and varying needs across the board means that it might take a couple of seasons to balance out. After all the IRFU can't move a player from the province he's currently contracted to, but they're also limited in how they can move a guy into a position that has a contracted player in it as well.

If we are going that way I'm sure contracts will be managed with that in mind, so you'll have a lot of guys finishing up contracts around the same time so that moves can be better facilitated etc. If true this isn't the finished article, but just one step on the way to a bigger end. And overall the provinces and the national side should be stronger for it. And maybe we'll need to take a bit of short term pain for the longer term gain. If it's managed well and works out for everyone involved in a few years time then surely that would be a good thing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

molloyjh wrote: »
    Well for starters the idea that Moore would be moving to Connacht alone is ridiculous, and for me is enough to call a lot of this stuff into question. But either way while there's no harm discussing it there's precious little point in getting worked up over it. Even if it is true I don't think there is any way in a single season to do the good work for the national side without damaging in some way(s) provincial sides. Varying contract end dates and varying needs across the board means that it might take a couple of seasons to balance out. After all the IRFU can't move a player from the province he's currently contracted to, but they're also limited in how they can move a guy into a position that has a contracted player in it as well.

If we are going that way I'm sure contracts will be managed with that in mind, so you'll have a lot of guys finishing up contracts around the same time so that moves can be better facilitated etc. If true this isn't the finished article, but just one step on the way to a bigger end. And overall the provinces and the national side should be stronger for it. And maybe we'll need to take a bit of short term pain for the longer term gain. If it's managed well and works out for everyone involved in a few years time then surely that would be a good thing?

You should be a politician! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

For starters these are just rumours. Secondly even if these are true I'd be fairly sure they aren't the only moves being looked at.

We've seen plenty of these kinds of rumours that turned out to be false so it's best to take it all with a pinch of salt.

EDIT: As for the rumours of Henshaw wanting the move, they are rumours as much as the moves themselves. You can't pick and choose what you want to have backed up by fact just to suit your outrage in fairness.

The only rumours I've seen of Henshaw wanting to move are on here. There is mention in the media of the irfu encouraging him and several other players to move so similarly you can't say "Oh the irfu is trying to force a Madigan move" then turn around and say "No doesn't apply to Robbie he obviously wants to move".

At the end of the day are all rumours

No, it's the same thing. I never said making a player move or stay is a bad thing. I think players should be moved where it will improve their development first of all, to benefit the national team. That kind of move is best for a player like Madigan, whose gametime is limited by better players ahead of him in his position, but whose potential is greater than that of players in his position at other provinces. Or for players who would benefit from better coaching at another province. Neither apply to Henshaw, who is a mainstay of any team he plays for, already getting all the gametime he needs, and who is getting the best coaching possible already. How would playing under Cullen benefit his development better than being coached by Lam?

It may not at all, but that isn't thing to consider when looking at this. Ignoring totally where a player wants to play when there are options that don't hurt development is a recipe for disaster. You look after them where you can. And sometimes you can't, but that doesn't mean you ignore all of them all the time.

You should be a politician! :p

download1.jpg

It may not at all, but that isn't thing to consider when looking at this. Ignoring totally where a player wants to play when there are options that don't hurt development is a recipe for disaster. You look after them where you can. And sometimes you can't, but that doesn't mean you ignore all of them all the time.

Agreed. But inferior coaching is definitely a reason not to encourage a move. You do need to give Cullen and his team time to bed in, but initial signs are not encouraging. It's been widely said lately that Connacht are the best coached team in Ireland - why would you risk a player's development by deliberately moving him to a different coaching setup.
    The player's needs can be considered, but so should the teams - if you weaken a team by moving a marquee player who doesn't actually need to move, that doesn't help the national team develop. Four strong provinces is supposedly the aim, but is that just lip service?

Agreed. But inferior coaching is definitely a reason not to encourage a move. You do need to give Cullen and his team time to bed in, but initial signs are not encouraging. It's been widely said lately that Connacht are the best coached team in Ireland - why would you risk a player's development by deliberately moving him to a different coaching setup.
    The player's needs can be considered, but so should the teams - if you weaken a team by moving a marquee player who doesn't actually need to move, that doesn't help the national team develop. Four strong provinces is supposedly the aim, but is that just lip service?

Are Leinster really struggling that badly? We were missing 23 players to the RWC and injury at one point in October yet we're still in the top 4 with 1 game in hand. The Wasps game was a disaster, but that was the internationals second game back with 4 injuries to the first choice back line and another 3 injuries in the pack during the first half. And yet still we dominated possession and territory. There have been issues, but there was always going to be when trying to integrate almost the entire starting XV into the new set-up like that. We'd all have taken a LBP in Bath if we're honest. Personally I'm happy enough with the initial signs.

And where were Connacht in Lams first few months in charge? It's all well and good pointing to how well you're doing now with a settled coaching team and players. No such direct comparison can be made to Leinster, at least not yet.

As I said earlier there are too many restrictions on what the IRFU can and can't do for us to judge anything at this stage. Especially when it's just rumour. When you take a step back there are potentially real positives to this, but we'll only know with time if those have been achieved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,813 ✭✭✭CMOTDibbler

To be fair to Cullen, initial signs have been mixed. He's effectively had two season starts; one without the international players and one with. It's taking time for everyone to bed in and the season will be a struggle. But Pat Lam also took time to get things working the way he wanted and the dividends are only starting to show now. It was more than a tad untidy last season in fairness.

I honestly don't know if Henshaw should move to Leinster or not, but I would hope that the decision is his to make.

Are Leinster really struggling that badly? We were missing 23 players to the RWC and injury at one point in October yet we're still in the top 4 with 1 game in hand. The Wasps game was a disaster, but that was the internationals second game back with 4 injuries to the first choice back line and another 3 injuries in the pack during the first half. And yet still we dominated possession and territory. There have been issues, but there was always going to be when trying to integrate almost the entire starting XV into the new set-up like that. We'd all have taken a LBP in Bath if we're honest. Personally I'm happy enough with the initial signs.

And where were Connacht in Lams first few months in charge? It's all well and good pointing to how well you're doing now with a settled coaching team and players. No such direct comparison can be made to Leinster, at least not yet.

As I said earlier there are too many restrictions on what the IRFU can and can't do for us to judge anything at this stage. Especially when it's just rumour. When you take a step back there are potentially real positives to this, but we'll only know with time if those have been achieved.

I just said initial signs are not encouraging. Leinster have so much strength in depth that they were never going to struggle as say, the Ospreys have this season, even with the internationals away. But as you say, they dominated territory and possession against Wasps and still lost heavily. That to me is worrying - loads of ball but can't do anything with it would be a sign of poor coaching IMO, particularly with the backs. Would I want our best centre in that coaching setup? Absolutely not at this stage.
    It's definitely too early to judge, but to me that means too early to make decisions on moving players to that coaching scene. As for positives, for now they're all for Leinster.

I just said initial signs are not encouraging. Leinster have so much strength in depth that they were never going to struggle as say, the Ospreys have this season, even with the internationals away. But as you say, they dominated territory and possession against Wasps and still lost heavily. That to me is worrying - loads of ball but can't do anything with it would be a sign of poor coaching IMO, particularly with the backs. Would I want our best centre in that coaching setup? Absolutely not at this stage.
    It's definitely too early to judge, but to me that means too early to make decisions on moving players to that coaching scene. As for positives, for now they're all for Leinster.

As I said it was the internationals second game under Leos coaching set-up. They did their pre-season with Ireland predominantly too. So the impacts of Leo and Girvs coaching would have been incredibly limited. Add to that the patched together back line and there's loads of reasons Leinster struggled against Wasps other than coaching.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

This assumes that Henshaw is moving to Leinster for better coaching, that may not be the case.

Most likely, he wants to go play for the best team, be surrounded by internationals, maybe jack up his endorsement deals a few notches with all that lovely Dublin cash.

The chance to work with Leo Cullen and Girvan Dempsey is probably a bit down the list, but maybe he's not that pushed about staying to learn from Pat Lam either?

This assumes that Henshaw is moving to Leinster for better coaching, that may not be the case.

Most likely, he wants to go play for the best team, be surrounded by internationals, maybe jack up his endorsement deals a few notches with all that lovely Dublin cash.

Quite possible. Couldn't blame him for some of those reasons. None of this should be a consideration of Nucifora though, when deciding whether to offer him a contract there.

The chance to work with Leo Cullen and Girvan Dempsey is probably a bit down the list, but maybe he's not that pushed about staying to learn from Pat Lam either?

This definitely should be a consideration for Nucifora. It's not all about what the player wants. It's about what's best for the national team. If Nucifora deems Leinster the best place for Henshaw, so be it. Might not agree with it, but I'm not in his position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭Clearlier

It seems that Henderson is out for the season which is a pretty unfortunate timing. Hope Ryan is going well and I guess McCarthy will be back in the squad again with Henderson out and POC retired (would be out anyway). As an aside Tuohy is gone too but I don't think that he was particularly on the radar for Ireland any more.

There isn't anyone else making any kind of a breakthrough is there?

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/ulster-s-iain-henderson-set-to-be-out-for-six-months-1.2457825

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 27,341 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Quite possible. Couldn't blame him for some of those reasons. None of this should be a consideration of Nucifora though, when deciding whether to offer him a contract there.

"I want to play for Leinster or I'm off to France" would be worth consideration though. If he wants to move to Leinster they can't force him to stay at Connacht - it would be wildly counterproductive. Sometimes players hold the cards, sometimes the IRFU will.

Clearlier wrote: »
    It seems that Henderson is out for the season which is a pretty unfortunate timing. Hope Ryan is going well and I guess McCarthy will be back in the squad again with Henderson out and POC retired (would be out anyway). As an aside Tuohy is gone too but I don't think that he was particularly on the radar for Ireland any more.

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/ulster-s-iain-henderson-set-to-be-out-for-six-months-1.2457825

Muldowney has been one of Connacht's consistently best players all season.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,863 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Clearlier wrote: »

irish locks injured currently

henderson
    kearney
    marshall
    roux (niq)
    touhy
    donnacha ryan (possibly back this weekend)

if ireland were playing tomorrow we'd probably see ruddock in there :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,819 ✭✭✭b.gud

sydthebeat wrote: »

henderson
    kearney
    marshall
    roux (niq)
    touhy

Roux is IQ now

Podge_irl wrote: »
    "I want to play for Leinster or I'm off to France" would be worth consideration though. If he wants to move to Leinster they can't force him to stay at Connacht - it would be wildly counterproductive. Sometimes players hold the cards, sometimes the IRFU will.

That's true, and if he did that I agree the imperative would be to keep him in Ireland. He has already played that card though, by indicating he considered France but decided he wants to stay in Ireland - maybe not the best move in negotiations as IRFU can now lowball him with more confidence that he won't call their bluff and take a foreign offer.

That's true, and if he did that I agree the imperative would be to keep him in Ireland. He has already played that card though, by indicating he considered France but decided he wants to stay in Ireland - maybe not the best move in negotiations as IRFU can now lowball him with more confidence that he won't call their bluff and take a foreign offer.

Fair enough, I haven't been following it closely. A player of Henshaw's stature will essentially get to decide where he plays though.

The IRFU playing hardball doesn't exactly have a great track record!

• Advertisement

Yeah I was just looking for the interview but can't seem to find it. He's already come out and said that he had some interest from France but he wants to stay in Ireland.

Podge_irl wrote: »
    Fair enough, I haven't been following it closely. A player of Henshaw's stature will essentially get to decide where he plays though.

The IRFU playing hardball doesn't exactly have a great track record!

I hear ya! Sexton aside though, they haven't done too badly. I'm sure Henshaw will get a nice big deal after negotiations, but I bet his agent cringed when he read that quote...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Pink Fairy

It's not as simple as that. Economics comes into it too.

Take Madigan; no way can the IRFU even nearly compete with the alleged sums being offered to him, if he's only sitting on the bench at Leinster. But, if he's starting at Munster, then maybe they get more value for money.

Henshaw, well I'm pretty sure he wants to go of his own accord.

Ah You? I can't really get my head around that one to be honest. He's not on the national team radar at all so I'd be surprised if Nucifora is pushing him to move.

There is no way Madigan starts at Munster, he's on a par with Keats and Bleyendaal showed great promise before his injury, they are Munster first choice 10's and the irfu fobbing Madigan off on Munster is pathetic if true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,871 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

sydthebeat wrote: »

henderson
    kearney
    marshall
    roux (niq)
    touhy

Is Dave Foley available?

• Subscribers Posts: 41,863 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

mfceiling wrote: »
    Is Dave Foley available?

yeah i think he played against dragons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

Pink Fairy wrote: »
    There is no way Madigan starts at Munster, he's on a par with Keats and Bleyendaal showed great promise before his injury, they are Munster first choice 10's and the irfu fobbing Madigan off on Munster is pathetic if true

Shows what Joe and Nucifora think of Keato. Mads sure aint moving there without an assurance that he wouldnt be sitting on the bench for either of the. He is looking to trade up, not down.

• Advertisement

Shows what Joe and Nucifora think of Keato. Mads sure aint moving there without an assurance that he wouldnt be sitting on the bench for either of the. He is looking to trade up, not down.

Bleyendaal has been brought in as a long term project. Munster waited patiently for a year, they have invested time, money and effort in the player, that's where our future lies, esp as he will be IQ at the end of his current deal.
    If Mads wants to trade up he should go to the AP, Worcester might be in the market

I always find these comments weird. There is no way a coach guarantees a player starts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,813 ✭✭✭CMOTDibbler

Bleyendaal has been brought in as a long term project. Munster waited patiently for a year, they have invested time, money and effort in the player, that's where our future lies, esp as he will be IQ at the end of his current deal.
    If Mads wants to trade up he should go to the AP, Worcester might be in the market

I doubt very much if he'll go where he's not needed. IMO he's needed more in Leinster than Munster. So if he's leaving Leinster it will be abroad rather than to one of the other provinces.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Bazzo wrote: »
    The only rumours I've seen of Henshaw wanting to move are on here. There is mention in the media of the irfu encouraging him and several other players to move so similarly you can't say "Oh the irfu is trying to force a Madigan move" then turn around and say "No doesn't apply to Robbie he obviously wants to move".

At the end of the day are all rumours

True, but in the radio interviews I have heard with Henshaw, he has not been quick to distance himself from the rumours by saying it's just speculation.

Maybe it's the standard pre-negotiation kite flying, but he's not really said the things you'd expect if he wanted to stay where he was.

Eoin wrote: »
    True, but in the radio interviews I have heard with Henshaw, he has not been quick to distance himself from the rumours by saying it's just speculation.

Maybe it's the standard pre-negotiation kite flying, but he's not really said the things you'd expect if he wanted to stay where he was.

You mean like all the speculation before he signed his current contract that there was no way he wanted to stay with Connacht and that he was off to Leinster.

Or how last year there was loads of speculation that he didn't want to stay with Connacht/he was being asked to move a year before his contract ended to Leinster again(which even persisted after he rubbished them himself).

People seem to make up their own narrative to fit with what they think Henshaw wants to do(I mean, how do any of us know unless we know him personally?)

He may well end up moving to Leinster but unless he comes out with an uncharacteristic publicising of his reasons only he'll know why at the end of the day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Eoin247

I don't think many people would agree with you there. The whole reason that there's so much talk about this is that it makes perfect sense.

Eoin247 wrote: »
    I don't think many people would agree with you there. The whole reason that there's so much talk about this is that it makes perfect sense.

The majority of Munster fans I've spoken to today think it's a farcical situation that is being allowed to develop, and bringing Madigan to Munster is, I hope, a non starter.

The majority of Munster fans I've spoken to today think it's a farcical situation that is being allowed to develop, and bringing Madigan to Munster is, I hope, a non starter.

I think when he isn't with Ireland he'll start most of your games at 10 next year. Honestly think ye should be glad, great squad player and reliable off the boot.

I think when he isn't with Ireland he'll start most of your games at 10 next year. Honestly think ye should be glad, great squad player and reliable off the boot.

Genuinely, no, we shouldn't be glad, we should be wondering who in the irfu actually thinks this is a good idea. Munster have commited to a long term plan with Blyendaahl and sending Mads down to sit on the bench is just ridiculous

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Redgirl82

Genuinely, no, we shouldn't be glad, we should be wondering who in the irfu actually thinks this is a good idea. Munster have commited to a long term plan with Blyendaahl and sending Mads down to sit on the bench is just ridiculous

Seriously? a long term plan about a player that is not even Irish and could up and leave at end of season to France/England anywhere?

How can any club make a long term plan over a player who is not Irish. Contracts mean nothing if someone wants to take them. I think Leinster had planned on Douglas staying for a few seasons and see what happened there

Also the role of the provinces is to provide players to Ireland. That is why Nucifora was brought in, to make sure the players are moved around so Ireland don't get into positions like they had against Argentina.

Madigan would start next week if Munster had him and quit dreaming that he wouldn't.

I laugh about all these "munster" fans who talk big.
    The biggest issue with Munster at the moment is none of these fans actually go to any games. There is huge Champions cup this weekend and there is still tickets for sale. Gerry Thornley said the other day Munster are not able to pay back there loans so the IRFU are helping them out

So getting a player like Madigan is brilliant for Munster because there is no way they would be able to buy his quality on there own

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭Clearlier

I'm with Pink Fairy on this one. It's less than a year since Schmidt selected Keatley to start in a 6 nations game ahead of Madigan. A move to Munster doesn't make any sense to me.

I suspect that I'm in the minority but I still think that he should specialise as a super sub for both Leinster and Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,380 ✭✭✭✭phog

If he's being sent to us I think it's obvious he'll start, another one of those unwritten rules. But will he help us win any more games or silverware? From what I've been of him playing with Leinster and from what I've read here on Boards I'm not convinced he'll be our saviour. If he can't get to be first choice in a Leinster without Sexton then imho he's not what we need. I certainly wouldn't be glad to have him though he's welcome as a squad player.

Genuinely, no, we shouldn't be glad, we should be wondering who in the irfu actually thinks this is a good idea. Munster have commited to a long term plan with a player who has been fit for five minutes in the last year and a half and sending Mads down to sit on the bench is just ridiculous

FYP

I'd be worried if your relying on Blyendaahl, his injury record has to be a huge concern at this point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,380 ✭✭✭✭phog

Redgirl82 wrote: »
    Seriously? a long term plan about a player that is not even Irish and could up and leave at end of season to France/England anywhere?

How can any club make a long term plan over a player who is not Irish. Contracts mean nothing if someone wants to take them. I think Leinster had planned on Douglas staying for a few seasons and see what happened there

Also the role of the provinces is to provide players to Ireland. That is why Nucifora was brought in, to make sure the players are moved around so Ireland don't get into positions like they had against Argentina.

Madigan would start next week if Munster had him and quit dreaming that he wouldn't.

I laugh about all these "munster" fans who talk big.
    The biggest issue with Munster at the moment is none of these fans actually go to any games. There is huge Champions cup this weekend and there is still tickets for sale. Gerry Thornley said the other day Munster are not able to pay back there loans so the IRFU are helping them out

So getting a player like Madigan is brilliant for Munster because there is no way they would be able to buy his quality on there own

Wow, I'd nearly prefer if this was in jest then a poster that actually believes this nonsense.

Munster's issues are well known, Madigan is not the answer.

If Madigan is the player you believe he is then why aren't Leinster fans kicking up a fuss at losing him. Why have they moaned so much about him over the last two seasons?

If you're starting up a fund to help keep him at Leinster let us know, I think a few Munster fans might just help you out.

FYP

I'd be worried if your relying on Blyendaahl, his injury record has to be a huge concern at this point.

Exactly. He's started just 2 games for Munster. I can't see how you can build a long term plan around him at this stage. That's like saying Leinster were building a long term plan around Quinn Roux in his first season. And look at how that panned out.

That said I can understand why Munster fans don't want Madigan at 10. I don't want Madigan at 10 for Leinster. But if I had the choice between a guy like Bleyendaal and Madigan I'd probably pick Mads. We're just lucky enough that we've developed options at Leinster. Which may not be quite as true for Munster.

• Advertisement

phog wrote: »
    Wow, I'd nearly prefer if this was in jest then a poster that actually believes this nonsense.

If Madigan is the player you believe he is then why aren't Leinster fans kicking up a fuss at losing him. Why have they moaned so much about him over the last two seasons?

If you're starting up a fund to help keep him at Leinster let us know, I think a few Munster fans might just help you out.

You'll find Leinster fans are fairly divided on Madigan. There isn't any one universally accepted stance on the guy. Plenty of people are complaining about the possibility of losing him.

Poor Mads, if he reads boards he must think he's not loved by anyone. Ian if you're reading this, we'd love to have you in Connacht!

Poor Mads, if he reads boards he must think he's not loved by anyone. Ian if you're reading this, we'd love to have you in Connacht!

rLp3Ryf.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,819 ✭✭✭b.gud

Exactly. He's started just 2 games for Munster. I can't see how you can build a long term plan around him at this stage. That's like saying Leinster were building a long term plan around Quinn Roux in his first season. And look at how that panned out.

That said I can understand why Munster fans don't want Madigan at 10. I don't want Madigan at 10 for Leinster. But if I had the choice between a guy like Bleyendaal and Madigan I'd probably pick Mads. We're just lucky enough that we've developed options at Leinster. Which may not be quite as true for Munster.

A few injuries aside it panning out quite nicely for Connacht ;)

For what it's worth I'd actually like to see more of him at 12 outside Sexton this season. I saw more from him there against Ulster than I saw from Luke the previous 2 weeks. I hadn't been on the "Mads to 12" train at all until then, but maybe there is merit to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

The mad thing is that if he went to another board which is heavily frequented by Munsterfans but shall not be named here, he'd see a much more positive reaction.

For what it's worth I'd actually like to see more of him at 12 outside Sexton this season. I saw more from him there against Ulster than I saw from Luke the previous 2 weeks. I hadn't been on the "Mads to 12" train at all until then, but maybe there is merit to it.

Too late! Don't be trying to plámás him now, ye didn't want him yesterday! :D

Bleyendaal missed a whole year thru injury, Munster at no point looked to cancel his contract, they are investing time and money in the player, so yes, he's the long term thinking, esp as he becomes IQ when his contract is up for renewal,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Redgirl82

phog wrote: »

I would love to keep Madigan at Leinster but this is not the Leinster thread it is the Ireland thread.

As this is the Ireland thread the best thing for Ireland is to have Madigan playing week in week out in Rabo & Champions cup. He is not going to get this at Leinster. He won't either be guaranteed it at Bristol/Quins or Bordeaux.

So for Ireland the best thing for Madigan is for him to move to Munster where he will be playing week in week out and get the experience he will need for next few years as Ireland builds towards World Cup.

Maybe a strange idea but why don't you discuss Ireland on the Ireland thread....

• Advertisement

Redgirl82 wrote: »
    I would love to keep Madigan at Leinster but this is not the Leinster thread it is the Ireland thread.

As this is the Ireland thread the best thing for Ireland is to have Madigan playing week in week out in Rabo & Champions cup. He is not going to get this at Leinster. He won't either be guaranteed it at Bristol/Quins or Bordeaux.

So for Ireland the best thing for Madigan is for him to move to Munster where he will be playing week in week out and get the experience he will need for next few years as Ireland builds towards World Cup.

Maybe a strange idea but why don't you discuss Ireland on the Ireland thread....

But what people fail to realize is he won't be playing week in and week out at Munster either

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement