Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clara & the Daleks

• 13-10-2015 10:49am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,060 ✭✭✭

When we first get introduced to Clara, she's in a Dalek

In the recent episode she ended up in one again... What a wasted opportunity to wrap up her storyline... The doctor could have sent her back in time to meet his younger self...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭jasonb

I was thinking this too. In fact, I'm not convinced that it won't still happen. The Doctor said (in his David Tennant way) 'I'm so sorry' when he saw her inside the Dalek. Missy had made some comment that hinted that no-one had ever been successfully disconnected from a Dalek as she was hooking Clara up. And we never saw Clara get out of the Dalek, it just cut to her and the Doctor running down a corridor and into a room. So maybe there's something going on there, as it does seem like the ideal way of bringing her story full circle. Maybe she's still in there, but is viewing/sharing the Doctor's adventures, without realising that she's still inside? Am I right in thinking that when she was in the Dalek in that first episode that she wasn't really aware that she was?

All very conspiracy theory I know, but considering that Moffat had us all second guessing everything just 'cos Matt Smith didn't have a jacket on any more (and that turned out to be correct!) then maybe there is something going on here. Or maybe he put her in a Dalek *just* so we would start over-analysing!

J.

Advertisement