Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Foreign-trained teachers ILR practical elements

• 13-10-2015 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭

Hi,

I am trained and based in UK and want to try the ILR exam run by Marino to try and get registered with Teaching Council.

I'm wondering has anyone done the same or maybe work in schools where people like me have undertaken the practical elements?

It seems that unless you work in a school yourself, you need to find a principal willing to let you teach an irish lesson (for paper 1), and design a trail walk based in Irish (for paper 2)

My question is: for paper 2, is if OK to design the resource and complete it yourself? It seems to say so in the FAQ, but I'd be interested to hear from someone who has direct experience of all of this.

Thanks.

Advertisement