Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Working in a messy open plan office

• 13-10-2015 2:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭

The office area is filled with gardening stuff (it's a gardening company) and theres a lawnmower beside my desk (!) and power tools etc, it's only because there's been lots of thefts and theres no where else to keep them safe. It's hard to be organised with so much mess and chaos around me. Is there anything i can do or should I just put up with it ?:rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

I would say just put up with it. Our office is full of toys, easier to look at than power tools though I guess! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,183 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

toadfly wrote: »
    I would say just put up with it. Our office is full of toys, easier to look at than power tools though I guess! :p

I work for an investment company, I wish my office was full of money :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

To be honest I would just put up with it. As you said the tools are being stored there to keep them safe. Just keep your own work space tidy.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭me0w

Ok I guess I'll have to put up with it, hopefully they'll come up with a better place to put them (unlikely but I can only hope!) Tks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

I would come at it from a health a safety angle and mention fire hazards. You can't escape a fire if you are tripping over things. Is there any way they can clear a corner and stack everything there. That level of chaos would melt my brain!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Can you organize it yourself? Is there a place where it could be stored safely?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

build a shed in your back garden and put them there.
    problem solved with future proofing to ensure your continued serenity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

donegal. wrote: »
    build a shed in your back garden and put them there.
    problem solved with future proofing to ensure your continued serenity.

...and any funds that the company has, park in your bank account. Refer to Father Ted if queried about money resting issues.

Advertisement