Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to change code on HKC SecureWatch (Complies with EN 50131 Grade 2 Class II C.I.E.

Options
  • 13-10-2015 2:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

Hi there,

I have recently bought a house and have been given two codes: one to turn it on (leaving / locking home) and second code to turn off the alarm (while entering / unlocking the door).
    I had spoken to solicitor to talk to landlord for the codes and the process how to use it before house was not sold and was promised to be given these codes but was never given any manual/process how to change the code and now I have been told that once the second hand house is sold, there is no responsibility on Landlord to answer any query.

I have noticed, its model is HKC SecureWatch (Complies with EN 50131 Grade 2 Class II C.I.E.)

There are below information on inner door of this alarm:
    - QUICK CODES WHERE APPLICABLE
    - INHIBITS
    - AUDIO MEMOPAD

There are number of options on inner door of alarm like combination of 0*(digit) and 0#(Digit).

Since, there is no contract or any help/contact number mentioned on alarm and don't know who to contact and also don't want to mess unless I'm 100% sure how to change the code.

The only thing I want is to change the code as its not safe for me as Estate Agents and Landlord have been using same code before I bought it.

Could any of you please help how to change the code on this model or anyone has any complete manual where I can find how to change the code?

Thanks a million in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

Hi there,

I have recently bought a house and have been given two codes: one to turn it on (leaving / locking home) and second code to turn off the alarm (while entering / unlocking the door).
    I had spoken to solicitor to talk to landlord for the codes and the process how to use it before house was not sold and was promised to be given these codes but was never given any manual/process how to change the code and now I have been told that once the second hand house is sold, there is no responsibility on Landlord to answer any query.

I have noticed, its model is HKC SecureWatch (Complies with EN 50131 Grade 2 Class II C.I.E.)

There are below information on inner door of this alarm:
    - QUICK CODES WHERE APPLICABLE
    - INHIBITS
    - AUDIO MEMOPAD

There are number of options on inner door of alarm like combination of 0*(digit) and 0#(Digit).

Since, there is no contract or any help/contact number mentioned on alarm and don't know who to contact and also don't want to mess unless I'm 100% sure how to change the code.

The only thing I want is to change the code as its not safe for me as Estate Agents and Landlord have been using same code before I bought it.

Could any of you please help how to change the code on this model or anyone has any complete manual where I can find how to change the code?

Thanks a million in advance.

We are not allowed help on here re engineer codes.

If you enter your user code and it arms the system then the manager or user menu has not being set up. If it was then you would be able to change codes/times/date and so on.

My advise would be to contact local installers and ask them to default the system and set it back up for you. The system can be defaulted on site and set back up easily. You can request they set up an engineer code for yourself also. This will allow you more access to the system if needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭blueredface

altor wrote: »
    We are not allowed help on here re engineer codes.

If you enter your user code and it arms the system then the manager or user menu has not being set up. If it was then you would be able to change codes/times/date and so on.

My advise would be to contact local installers and ask them to default the system and set it back up for you. The system can be defaulted on site and set back up easily. You can request they set up an engineer code for yourself also. This will allow you more access to the system if needed.

Hi there,

Looks like, I don't have engineer code as it current user code won't give me access to menu to change the code except to arm & dis-arm the alarm.

Could any of you please suggest any Alarm engineer around Dublin 15 or nearest area who can default the alarm and setup engineer code to change the alarm code in future?

Any idea how much it would approximately cost me as I only need to change the current code and to setup of engineer which I can use for future? Functionality of Alarm is perfect at the moment except my access to change the code.

Thanks a million.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

Hi there,

Looks like, I don't have engineer code as it current user code won't give me access to menu to change the code except to arm & dis-arm the alarm.

Could any of you please suggest any Alarm engineer around Dublin 15 or nearest area who can default the alarm and setup engineer code to change the alarm code in future?

Any idea how much it would approximately cost me as I only need to change the current code and to setup of engineer which I can use for future? Functionality of Alarm is perfect at the moment except my access to change the code.

Thanks a million.

If your code does not have permissions granted then the only way is to have the system defaulted and set back up. I would ask the person doing same to provide you with your own engineer code to prevent this happening again.

If you look on the PSA website there is a list of installers in your area, Also there is a list of installers here.

Expect to pay anything up to €100 for a default and reprogram of the system.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Hi there,

Thanks a million.

It amazes me how many of these systems I come across without the basic user functions set up. Your user code should always give you permission to Isolate/Inhibit zones, set time date,set up/change/delete/ users view log and test.
    If your code only lets you set & unset the alarm then it may not conform to EN50131-1 either, as there is a requirement for you to be able to allow or block engineer access.
    If you are looking for this work done shop around. I would expect you would get it done a fair bit below the €100 mark. Its only about half an hours work.
    Also look out for some guys saying these panels need to be sent to HKC to be reset. They don't.

Advertisement