Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I need to speak to a mod please...

Options
  • 13-10-2015 2:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭

From the 'talk to' forums I think...

Thank you!
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

You could PM one of them?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Dav and Niamh (Boards.ie: Niamh) are the only "mods" of the Talk to forums. Other than that there are only "representatives" from the companies in question.

Apart from not being feedback, your request is Vaguey McVague.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭unreg999

You could PM one of them?

Sorry but I didn't know who they were or how to go about finding them!

Basically I'm not able to post on any of the 'talk to' forums, I didn't even realise that that was the problem until recently, before that I would write a post but it would never actually post, I originally thought it was my Internet connection!!

Basically I was hoping someone could have a look at my account & perhaps see what the problem might be... I remember years ago having the same problem (different id!) on the PI forums, turned out I had been banned for a day for something I couldn't even remember doing like 5 years previously & never got reinstated!!

Hope that's cleared up any vagueness?!! Lol

Dades wrote:
    Apart from not being feedback, your request is Vaguey McVague.

And sorry for posting on feedback, I wasn't sure where to post to get a moderator's attention!

Been meaning to do this for years actually but just didn't know how or where!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Are you by any chance using one of the older themes? I do recall a feedback thread about problems between the talk to's and older themes.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,305 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

The Talk To's have their own and bypass that, or at least they do on the old white theme I use.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

You don't seem to have a ban afaics. Can you post a screenshot of what you see?

I'm using the (android) fone app so don't think themes should be an issue

As for what I see... I write the post as normal and press 'post' ... I get the 'loading please wait' message as with all posts except on all other forums it usually posts straight away but on the 'talk to' it just sticks with 'loading' & the never ending circle of infinity...

I wait and wait until finally I realize it ain't gonna happen lol and press the back button... (copy & paste) Wash & repeat just to check but it never happens...

It's been happening like that for years & I kept thinking I must contact someone to try to sort it out, only got round to it now!! :)

Without wanting to state the obvious... I can post OK on other forums... Week the ones I have tried, haven't tried them all!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Try using a browser for starters, to see if that also doesn't work.

http://www.boards.ie/ttforum/1643

• Advertisement

unreg999 wrote: »
    I'm using the (android) fone app so don't think themes should be an issue
    If it turns out your issue is only with the android app, you should report it here.

Let us know how you get on in other browsers, etc.

OK will do that when I get a chance to use a computer, thanks :)

OK, so I posted a test post in the eir 'talk to..' from a laptop and it went through OK... so it seems the issue for me is only with the Android App and only in the 'talk to..' forum!!

Raise a bug so in the Site Dev forum. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,380 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Dades wrote: »
    Raise a bug so in the Site Dev forum. :)

Is that still active? I posted there a couple
    of times but never got a response. Feedback is a better forum when there are issues imo.

It's more a matter of flagging an issue. It's been flagged here already, so flagging it in the dev forum doubles up. There may not be a lot of responses in that forum, but it probably reads like a bug list for overstretched developers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

Dades wrote: »
    It's more a matter of flagging an issue. It's been flagged here already, so flagging it in the dev forum doubles up. There may not be a lot of responses in that forum, but it probably reads like a bug list for overstretched developers!

Any point flagging stuff with the new site starting to roll?

If you don't flag it you can't complain about it in the future. Them's the rules! :)

Advertisement