Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iphone 6 not starting (possible water damage)

• 13-10-2015 3:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭

The girlfriend dropped her iphone 6 into some water. It was only in the water for a few seconds.

A few days on and the phone is not starting (it was turned off straight away) and showing no signs of life.

I've looked everwhere on the phone and can't see any red indicator.

Does the iphone 6 have an internal indicator for water damage?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Del007 wrote: »
    The girlfriend dropped her iphone 6 into some water. It was only in the water for a few seconds.

A few days on and the phone is not starting (it was turned off straight away) and showing no signs of life.

I've looked everwhere on the phone and can't see any red indicator.

Does the iphone 6 have an internal indicator for water damage?

Cheers

Yeah, in the EarPods jack hole. Not sure if it's visible on the 6 though. Even a few seconds can be lethal however try holding the home and power button on together for 10 seconds or when the Apple logo appears.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭Del007

I've checked everywhere on the phone and can't see any red indicator, its supposed to be in the sim card slot but its not there either.

The phone isn't turning on, no matter what I do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Del007 wrote: »
    I've checked everywhere on the phone and can't see any red indicator, its supposed to be in the sim card slot but its not there either.

The phone isn't turning on, no matter what I do

Have you connected it to itunes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭Del007

naasrd wrote: »
    Have you connected it to itunes?

I've tried that but it won't power on so itunes cant read anything off it

Advertisement