Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outlook express.

Options
  • 13-10-2015 3:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi, I have a query in relation to email in outlook express that hopefully someone can help me with if I can explain it properly. I have a business email account set up (Well over ten years now) in outlook express with windows internet explorer, the internet explorer is very out of date so all i use it for now is to open my email. As it is so out dated it causing a lot of technically problems. I'm just wondering is there some way i can transfer the email account to google chrome rather than in windows internet explorer. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Well you don't have to use Internet Explorer to get your mail in Outlook Express, they're two separate programs.

And likewise, anything you use Internet Explorer for, you can just start using Google Chrome instead.

That said, it sounds like you're using Windows XP, which means that your computer is completely unsupported, and you're wide open to virus activity, especially through Outlook Express.

I would strongly advise purchasing a new machine and then migrating your mail from Outlook express to the new machine

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Casm85

That's my problem still using Windows XP. Was thinking my best solution was to upgrade to a new computer. Thanks for your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭Firblog

If you're going to migrate to a new pc, you should install thunderbird on your xp pc first, you'll be asked if you wish to import emails and settings from outlook -> do it.
    Then back it up using mozbackup, then install thunderbird on new pc, run mozbackup on new pc to recover all emails and settings.

Advertisement