Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fund Accountant looking for a change!

Options
  • 13-10-2015 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Like a lot of people my age who graduated in the early 2000's, we fell into the fund accounting industry not knowing what it really was. It's been very enjoyable and I've learnt a lot but now I think it is time for a change, and would like to get out of the FA world and move into something else.
    The news seems to talk of a skills shortage in the tech sector and I think I might be able to make the jump. Over the years I moved out of the valuations teams, into the outsourcing of work to India, then into projects and then an implementation teams. Overall I would call myself a business analyst with a broad range of investigative skills.

I look at the google/twitter/apple jobs and the terminology seems very different.

Any fund accountants out there make the switch and how did you do it?

I did try to talk to the recruitment firm beside my office, but they were just pushing me back in to more FA jobs...it seems it is really booming at the moment!

Any help from the wider world?

Advertisement